Iraki, El Goofy and now El Mocho

Parro
[THERE APPEARS TO BE A SHIT STORM GOING ON IN CHIHUAHUA AND IT'S NOT THE TYPICAL SANDSTORM.  FIRST IRAKI, APPEARED TO SQUEAL, THEN FELL EL GOOFY.  WELL ANOTHER LA LINEA FALLS.  EL MOCHO]

https://www.mytwintiers.com/news-cat/la-linea-targets-police-officers-following-arrest-of-top-cartel-lieutenant/

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — Mexican police have again come under gunfire as a result of the arrest of a wanted drug trafficker.

At least two vehicles were set on fire and one police officer wounded Monday evening in southern Chihuahua after the arrest of La Linea cartel lieutenant Gibran R.S., also known as “El Mocho,” state officials said.

“El Mocho” was wanted on murder, drug, and large-scale gasoline theft charges. State police officers arrested him, his wife, Daniela, and two alleged henchmen Monday in Jimenez, a city near the border with Durango, Gov. Javier Corral said in a teleconference Tuesday.

The suspects were allegedly in possession of several firearms and undisclosed amounts of crystal meth and cocaine, the governor said.

Gang members retaliated by shooting at the local police station, carjacking private vehicles and setting them on fire, and shooting up a highway toll booth where one police officer was seriously wounded, Corral said.

Last Thursday and Friday, members of another gang, Los Aztecas, killed a police officer and wounded two others during several attacks after the arrest of their leader Jose Dolores Villegas Soto. Villegas, also known as “El Iraki” or “The Iraqi,” is suspected of ordering or personally carrying out up to 50 murders in Juarez.

Chihuahua Gov. Javier Corral (left) and State Police Commissioner Emilio García Ruiz announce the arrest of a top La Linea cartel lieutenant. (photo courtesy State of Chihuahua)
“The attacks against our officers are in reaction to these arrests,” Corral said. “We are disrupting the structures of organized crime with the detention of suspects that have generated much violence in our state.”

La Linea was part of the old Juarez cartel structure that controlled drug trafficking in much of northern Mexico. The Sinaloa cartel displaced them more than a decade ago, but after the extradition to the United States of Sinaloa cartel drug lord Joaquin “Chapo” Guzman and with the support of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, La Linea is regaining control over much of Chihuahua, which is an important corridor for the trafficking of drugs into Texas and New Mexico, U.S. analysts say.

Corral said he’s placed all police departments in his state on alert in anticipation of further attacks and is making sure police officers receive bulletproof vests.

[THIS IS MEXICO, WHERE IT'S ALWAYS SMOKE AND MIRRORS.  MAYBE CJNG GIVING THEM UP TO CONTROL THE JUAREZ PLAZA, MAYBE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING ELSE]

Re: Iraki, El Goofy and now El Mocho

redlogarythm
They´re saying that El Mocho was in charge of controlling the extraction and selling of huachicol in the area. Do you know anything about this Parro?
BTW, thanks for your continuous heads up...

Re: Iraki, El Goofy and now El Mocho

Parro
I read the same Rediogarythm - my thoughts are the largest fracking fields in the USA are in the Odessa to West Texas areas around Marfa.  We have read reports that stolen fuel was making it into the USA when prices were high.

As a middleman, you could buy low in Celaya, for example, and move north at a rich price.  Even Texas gas companies are under charges of buying Mexico gas in South Texas.  This is all arbitrage.  Buy low, sell high.

Juarez, is home to a couple of million people who buy a lot of gas.  This does not exclude them from wanting cheaper gas that the cartel could furnish.  While the cartels can jack up prices for meth, coke and heroin, they cannot do the same for oil or gas. The same goes for Monterrey, Hermosillo, etc.

This is due to the coronavirus, less traveling, stay at home directives, etc.  Supply is high and demand is low. Today, there are many oil tankers sitting in the ocean, not moving, only as storage of oil.  El Marro and his San Limon Rosa Cartel only depended on gas taps.  They had to move into drugs to diversify, just as CJNG had to move into stolen gas to diversify from drugs.

El Mocho, had to be a middleman based on pipeline maps.  Mexico has one of the richest oilfields in Tamaulipas, but oil companies are loathe to wander/explore into that violent part of the world, based on insecurity.  Again my opinion only, El Mocho was buying on the cheap from Salamanca or similar, and moving the product north to the larger Mexican cities.  I surely don't know, but that would be my thoughts.

I witnessed the huachileros in Puebla, Morelos, Guerrero and Vera Cruz a couple of years back.  The red triangle outside of Puebla, is hot.