How does mexican treat Black peoples

Aervin78

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

El Guero
I'm not from Mexico and have only been there a few times.  With that said, are you planning on visiting a resort or just crossing on into Juarez 3 deep?

If the latter I recommend against it...
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

Ricky Churches
How black are you? Wesley Snipes black or Stephen Curry black? It depends...

Just kidding but yeah it depends where you're going. Mexicans do judge you by your appearance though, I've been there. Here in Mexico, I am "that guy". While walking the street and someone walking towards me in my direction and they see me and cross the street. I got long hair and plenty of tattoos so I see where they come from. People still have that perception of people with tattoos here.

Just dress nice, respect people and don't look for trouble.

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

I know you are fairly new here Aervin78  but our rules on the Forum are a story for starting a post so in the future if you have a question to ask please slide the question in among some other post otherwise your' headline post' will be removed.Thank you.

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

kaotik
it doesnt really matter where you go, if youre dark, youre dark. tourism is tourism. even tho the north part of mexico is "racist" against the southern part of mexico.. you as a tourist have nothing to really worry about. just dont go out trying to score drugs and youll be fine in almost any location in mexico. if you know spanish you will shine anywhere in mexico.

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

el Jesse James
OT but Ms Canadiana, could you please take down/delete my "What happens when a load gets lost?" thread? Its for security reasons and sooner the better. Thank you

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

Aervin78

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

Done el Jesse.

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

Discrimination against people who live under poverty is a big issue .you are going spend your money in Mazatlan and are wondering if there is any racism 😒???your probly white with a Klux hat.chiapas, Guerrero and  Oaxaca have deep roots ,their food has some of that black soul intrenched in it  .don't feed the pigs old saying !Dave Chappelle did a sketch of a blind blackguy thinking he was a Klux member . Wish Joe rogin could ask him about what did he really mean by doing that sketch .

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

deelucky1
If you and tiger woods where in a modern day mllion man March you would be first too get lynched with tigers golf clubs in a second for speaking that way  😆😆.are you really black ??has to be April fools joke

Re: How does mexican treat Black peoples

Mosco
As a "Chicano"  young man during the Civil Rights era in the USA, one of my aspirations was to become a scientist.  Scientists, as you know, are supposed to be objective observers.

I was often distressed at how racist and anti-Black many of us in our "La Causa" movement were (something we hid from the media and from our Anglo allies).  During these times I witnessed Blacks hated on us to mention " honkies". I quietly concluded, from an objective basis, that we were all Hypocrites. All of us.. ..Yes,  I kept quiet in this toxic climate of racial hate.  Especially distressing, was the fact that America seemed to give a pass to minorities to hate... Blacks and Latinos were so vicious and consistent on dumping on  Whites that Whites became guilt bound tolerant of the hypocrisy. Books and many movies spun off of what I am trying to convey here.

Main point here, is that wherever we go on earth there exist " dynamic" social environments that outsiders cannot see or understand.  Mexico is not the same as in the 1950s , 60s, 70s....when it was a safe tourist magnet. It is now dangerous, irregardless of race, color, creed, or status.

So to answer your question: I am 80% sure you can go anywhere in Mexico in safety "if" you genuinely are not a hater in your heart.  You will give off these vibes in ways well beyond just clothes and outward behaviors. You could violate all kinds of dictum of travel in foreign travel and still be safe.

However, it is the 20% bag full of uncertainties that troubles me.  Part of this bag is "bad" people who you have no control over.  You could be Jesus Christ or the Virgin Maria among these sickos and still be kidnapped or robbed. Also, part of this 20% bag, I included bad "situations".... being a cultural outsider in Mexico you may NOT even recognize that you have been guided into or inadvertantly stepped into a dangerous situation!  Happened all the time to tourists of old.

I personally advise you to stay out of Mexico because you seem like a nice ( but naive),  person.  Mexico is full of psychologically damaged people who left their Christian scruples behind years ago.  People who have been part of heinous acts from raping children to beheading and flaying their faces off.   Please take some time and read among the hundreds of items in our Borderland Beat archives that graphically document what I am warning you about.  Again, friend, you have no idea what that nice guy pumping your gas, shining your shoes, or serving your Margarita is a part of.

Question :  What would you advise me, if I were planning to visit a violence and drug waked ghetto in the USA?
Mosco