How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Locked 17 messages Options

How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Warpig
The new movie is racist and dangerous, depcting Mexicans as rapists , human traffickers and drug dealers . etc .

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Mica
It comes out today and I have not seen it yet. That being said, it's a fictional character, not a nonfictional documentary.

What did you think of the movie?

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Mosco
I haven't seen the movie; but. now I plan to do so because of the allegations.

 I am very tolerant of virtually all art forms but I draw the line on certain things which I cannot always define objectively for others.  I "Just kind of know for myself."
Thanks for the "heads-up" on the movie.
Mosco

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Anon
I’ve always loved the RAMBO movies, I don’t like the stereotypical depiction of Mexican people.

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

El Guero
So...Can I get some clarrification here?  Have any of you actually SEEN the movie yet?  I certainly have not.  From the 10 different reviews I've read, however it doesn't seem like it is likely to be nearly as bad as certain outlets have portrayed it and as bad as several of you have accused it of being.

I may stand mistaken but from the past films I highly doubt this film portrays the Mexican people as a 130 million member strong group of murderers and rapists.

Let's maybe wait until several of us have seen the movie before calling for Stallone's public execution???
Things must get worse before they can get better

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Tacostandkiller

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Char

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Char

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Ciro
troll much

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Char

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

So to summarize no one has actually seen the movie Friday at 10AM (the release day)

@warpig caught 30 seconds of CNN and was really proud to share

1 person created an account to spread hate in the thread

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Podrido
I don't see how someone can be so astoundingly mistaken about something and still be serious.

I almost fell for this as an actual attack on the latino population, but your name gave it away.

A bit too on the nose though, I think if you tweaked it a bit you might actually be able to make some satire and get a laugh out of us? I have a brother who does stand up comedy, maybe I can help if you'd like to try again.
Just a lurker.

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Common
You sound exactly like Hollywood privilege scum that claim to be “progressive” and non-racist, yet donate thousands of dollars to the cocaine trade every year.

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Ciro
Well a positive warpog isnt watching fox news

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

White Cat
Dora the explorer was better
Kab

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

Kab
Obvious troll too obvious.

In a serious note, we Mexicans don't cry murder over racism like black & white people.

Re: How do you feel about the new Rambo movie dipicting Mexican stereotypes as xenophobic . ?

I'm going to put a lock on this post as it's still treading dangerous territory which could erupt at any time if only by nature of the title.In other words I got the feeling this post is about to go south really fast...again!