How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

realme1990
You are really underestimating how much control the cartels have over drug corridors or plaza. Let's say Los Zetas for example have 150 drug houses in Nuevo Laredo, the Zetas know where they are as same as the local municipal police and ministerial(intelligence police) too. They also know most of the stash houses and logistics to move drugs for the Zetas. The Zetas, municipal and ministerial police know from where and which points are the drugs coming from(all of this without taking the halcones into account). They have the city mapped out including the drug routes coming in and out the city. Lets say you want to to move a couple hundred of kilos of drugs independently. First you will need drug routes and stash houses inside rival's territory these are usually uncovered by the ministerial police working for Los Zetas. Next you need mechanic shops to hide the drugs into cars, trucks and semis to transport them to the U.S which most of them are either too scared to cooperate or are working for Los Zetas. There is more than the sicarios and halcones in cartel plaza many logistics are bought off by the dominant cartel. The sicarios, halcones, municipal and ministerial police form intelligence networks to control the drug routes, drug houses, stash houses and logistics to control a plaza.
"If it quack like a duck shoot it"

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Hola Naj....

it is ok.  unless you have a specific concern we all share information.  I have shared more than anyone because of my situation, if you feel uncomfortable that is one thing, but no one thinks information shared is anything but knowledge shared.

The author of El Narco follows us and we have become friendly, he told me a few months ago that the comments at BB were the most informative he had ever seen.  So kudos to our BB people, for sharing.  He also said that our blog fills in the information gap that mainstream media can't.

My personal view is I want people like this newbie to sustain his interest and share it with people in his world.  that is how we spread the word about Mexico.

On the other hand I would advise against any specifics.

As I told siskiyou kid yesterday I was shocked to find on wikileaks that some comments from BB mainboard and forum were collected for intelligence information.  that includes forum.  I knew we are officially followed by the white house, as is BDN.  we are the two narco blogs on the list.  again it is for  intelligence and not for any potential punitive purpose.

Paz

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

I agree!!!

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

bolio
Please accept my apologies.  The purpose of this forum is to share information and you should ask a question if you have one....   With the exception of NAJ who is far from a prolific poster, people are generally nice...............    This is a really interesting site and the forum is one of the best parts of it.   I encourage you to participate.

To try and answer your question about the smuggling routes, think of plata or plomo (sp?), silver or lead.  Take the bribe or we kill you.  The people in power are forced to accept bribes and then the cartel owns them.  Plus they have halcones (look outs) who report anything out of the ordinary to their superiors.  It would be pretty much impossible to absolutely secure a route and make sure nothing ever got through besides your product.   So certain loads from rivals get through.  However, due to the police and the halcones keeping watch, some loads will be intercepted.  Have you ever seen the chainsaw video?  If you do get caught you will not get one in the head, you will be mercilessly tortured and made an example of.    Good question

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

1966tinman
I always learn something from reading some of the posts and comments from contributors and others on BB .
 The question is about how certain cartels  protect a border city from incursions from rival cartels . I can only give you my take from living in Ciudad  Juarez during the 2008-2010 period when the battle for control of the city was being waged between the Juarez Cartel and the Sinaloa Cartel .
I recall , like the three million inhabitants  of the city ,   the daily violence in the midst of trying to live a normal life .
One of the tactics used by the Juarez Cartel was to enact  terror , not only on the city's inhabitants , but to also mete out discipline on any of its members who failed to " protect " Juarez . There were municipal police officers who were gunned down by both cartels , but the Juarez Cartel routinely murdered those LE who did not follow orders or failed to "  hold up " their  end  as enforcers and  front-line troops .  It seemed like adding to the violence was the presence of local ,state, federal police agencies , the Mexican military, as well as death squads and private armies  hired by businessmen and industrialists . All of these groups had taken sides in the war or were just taking advantage of the chaos to advance their own agendas .
The cartels have no mercy even to its own members . If  lookouts (  halcones ) fail to alert  to a rival's  incursion or a police/ military raid  ends in the deaths or capture  of cartel members , then a horrible death is almost certainly the price to pay .  With that kind of deadly discipline the cartels can exact  loyalty and fear from members, police , and ordinary citizens in order to control their plaza .

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Maddy
Wacha bolo

first off you don't know the info I know. I live in laredo, tx and know exactly how everything works. So what the hell do you mean prolific poster.. So dont talk if i were you.

Second, I'm not gonna give info out cause if you been here in BB for a while, you should know by now that people get info from here and post in other sites.

Also, what if it's a rival cartel trying to figure or get info for their own use.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca
Ya lucky: that's why when they sometimes catch large shipments, especially coke, there are different logos, code, cartoon characters, etc.  That means that that load was paid for with money consolidated with money from different traffickers.  Sometimes even rivals put their money together for a large coke shipment (hence the different symbols on the kilos).  So, even Bitter enemies work together sometimes.  But that doesn't mean they'll let each others use their corridors.  And Vice versa.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

so cartels will slit each others throats but when they stop at each others  corridors something like geneva convention comes in affect and its all about business!!then why be at war if at the end they pay up that really makes no sense.ever heard of el senor de los cielos that guy refused to travel  by automobile that tradition still remains with lots that followed.cartels controlling corridors is a thing of the past they deployed milatary to all the corriddors with checkpoints. the bloodbath in juarez ignited that.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Cristero
Hola Chivis, un saludote muy grande amiga and yes you make a great point even though you took the post down.

Just my Dos Centavos

Cristero
Viva Nuestro Señor El Cristo Rey

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Gizzle_WON
Chivis. I have a question. In the post you recently deleted on this thread. You mentioned something along the lines -  you must be a "WC"

May i ask what a "WC" is?

Or anyone who might know what it is? Im interested

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

sorry I was on the fly  I meant PW   protected witness.

she is not.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Gizzle_WON
thanks was a little confused. that makes more sense

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

aerobie
I would simply say go back to the main page, ready until you fall a sleep wake up and do it again for at least a year straight.
I don't know if I have 9 posts but I have been here since before calendars rolled to double zero. Those who know have shared a wealth of information and this site IS the best go to site for current events as well as detailed history from true grit journalists and guys/ gals who know people who know people.
p.s. You need not worry about border plaza logistics, if you even showed up to purchase a load you would be un-trusted, short changed or simply robbed. Not to mention you would be just another body in a hole and that is if they didn't let you be the load that gets pulled into secondary while the real weight is waved on by.
The only dumb question is the one not asked...but this site, both the form and the main page can serve to educate nearly anyone truly interested in learning rather that just throwing up chatter.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

_Bones
Naj if you dont want to answer a particular question, then you have the option to shut up and not answer. I'm sure you're a nice guy, but coming on a thread just to announce "I know the answer, but im not telling!" just makes you look like an asshole....especially when so many other people are happy to give their input.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca
Most people have basically answered the question the exact same way as everyone else but in their own style, with some adding extra info and some less.

Who cares if you have lurked since the beginning, do you want a cookie or something?  Don't just jump on all of the sudden and criticize someone's comment, what's that accomplish?  Why wouldn't you make an account earlier and post/comment from time to time.  Most posters have great input simply from life experience's, living in Mexico, researching, and reading articles/stories from reliable sources aside from BB.  Then their are posters who have even more amazing insight, from actual cartel sources and other inside knowledge, and from being in the game (past or present).  So why attack Naj 30 comments down for a comment he made?  If it didn't relate to the topic, he wouldn't have written it.  Or someone could have just deleted it.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

NAJ is a nice guy

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

just so everyone knows.  califero and I had a discussion via email.  combative then calm.  I was concerned as to why she wanted to know the city I was talking about where my office was.  I still have staff to protect.  for the record it is not narcos I fear it is the mexican gob.  and it all has to do with alfredo castilo and doc mireles cell phone at the time of arrest.

I did send a email to this likeasoilder person with information, but have not even received a reply, which is very unusual.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca
@Bones: In regards to Chivis' last part of their 6:53am comment......  How do you feel about ripping Naj now???
12