How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

LikeASoldier

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca
It probably happens from time to time. This is just  my speculation btw.  But when a big load is going to go through the cops and halcones know what to truck (or cars) to look for, so if they see something different it will get reported to the cops and they will pull them over and check them out.  The cops and halcones in certain areas live in those areas EVERYDAY and they can tell what doesn't look right.  Also if the local group is lucky enough to have a BP agent on the payroll, the "outsider" transport vehicle wouldn't know what lane/lanes to go through.

I was just gonna be a smartass and say, uhhh guns.  But I thought I might try to think, and get my brain going a little this morning, bc I drank too much last night, woke up too early, and have a very unpleasant headache.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Maddy
Like a soldier

I'd tell you with details what u wanna know, but since your new here sorry I cant(trust issues). U got 9 posts I don't know from when cause I've never seen you here. All of us got years here like me I've been a member since early 10'. We don't do outsiders,  I'm not saying your one but I don't know if the info I give you you can go and post it on BDN or another drug war blog that gots hate on us.

As you can see BB is the #1 narco drug war source. Cheers to us!! 🍻

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca
Naj do you know soldier personally, in actual life and hate him?  I know he's new, and that was a newbie question, but u seemed a little harsh on him lol.  Im not trying to play Moderator here but that you came off a bit harsh in my opinion.  It doesn't bother me what you said, I was just pointin that out.  Also, now you got me curious as to what info u have but didn't post.. hah!!

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca
@Chapmaso:
I agree with you 300%, that no plaza is 100% in control of that plaza's group 24/7 .  Im sure small to medium sized loads get through enemy plazas occasionally.  Then there are the smaller independent quiet guys nobody in the plaza's really know about doing their own thing, and hope/pray to remain unknown...or else.  Also, convoys from outsiders with an intent of a load crossing are definitely a big no-no (obviously), unless they want to get killed.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Bajadrone-2

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Bajadrone-2

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

jason prox
I think this is one of the best questions I've seen on here, I've always wondered this myself. Even with the lookouts and cops to pull over trucks, it doesn't make sense because there are thousands of trucks everyday, the cops can't pull over even half of them. Also if the product is hidden inside other products how could they catch loads from other cartels with any kind of accuracy. If it's such a newbie question than I'd like to see someone answer it with something that makes sense. Maybe I'm not getting something, as I'm a newbie commenter as well, however I've read Borderland Beat religiously since the beginning.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Cuidado
They control the crossings with fear. They put the fear of god into everyone, you dont move weight unless you are allowed to or you want to die. Its that simple. People know if they want to move large quantities they will eventually need to get help and there lies the problems.  Wars break out because rivals come into the plaza and try to buy officials and police and either get killed or they do the killing. Simple really.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Bajadrone-2

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

realme1990
I dont think any corridor is 100% proof of rival crossing their own merchandise but the intelligence network made of corrupt municipal, ministerial, halcones,some federal police and even soldiers is hard to get an operation going in rival territory without enroaching on the rival territories. Because it takes stash houses, corrupt police, mechanic shops and all nessesaties to have an operational drug trafficking operation. Like I said the "owner" of the drug corridor simply has to much intelligence on the streets thats its hard to cross sizeable amounts of drugs without alerting the local cartel that controls the corridor.
"If it quack like a duck shoot it"

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

jason prox
So I guess this is such a newbie question that no one cares to answer it? I see 2 deleted comments above, would like to see what they said originally. I get that if a rival cartel doesn't control the plaza, they have the police working against them and people looking for anything that looks wrong coming through the territory. That explanation does nothing to explain that with thousands of trucks coming through Tijuana everyday, if say the zetas bought off a border-quard or two from the US side how on earth would cds elements stop them from pulling truck after truck up to the crossing there? Maybe they could get lucky and stop a few but really, what does controlling a plaza where people cross major loads all the time really mean? Controlling the street gangs, cops, sicarios and border police in those areas doesn't seem to bring sufficient "control" of the valuable product passing through. All you'd need is one team of 2 border guards or perhaps a proper looking type of delivery platform under the guise of corporate transport to pass major loads, you wouldn't need to fight for the plaza...Am I stupid for asking this? than please answer it!

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

Cuidado
The answer is right in front of your eyes. Of course people get thru hear and there that dont belong. But why do you think border towns are always blood baths? Unauthorized people move weight across the border and dont pay the plaza boss or let them know and the plaza bosses find out, the people are killed. Operation over, thats how they stop it. They know everything in those towns, they have eyes and ears everywhere..like someone said you need more than just a couple corrupt border guards on your side. Everyone has answered your questions, you just are not understanding.  Hope that helps lol.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

La Flama Blanca
This post was updated on .
Thank you  Cuidado!!!!  Exactly on point.  several different people have answered the question correctly including myself.  This is a newbie question period!!!, with a pretty simple answer/answers, which were covered from different angles by different people.  So...so What!?!  Its a newb question, get over it John Carp.  As for the deleted comments, those are not for you to know about, that's why they are deleted.  Listen to Cuidado...Open your eyes, oh ya, then you have to start reading.  BTW: Carp. there are 5 deleted posted. not 2?

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

This is speculation of course but how many loads get ripped off by letting the plaza people know?If I was a smuggler I would think that too risky especially if I was a rival.I would just quietly do my thing incognito as long as it wasn't too often at the same crossing.How would you even know who to contact especially if you are not from Mexico and don't know those rules.I didn't know that until I started reading on this website.Never heard anything about this before.Another question?Are you charged a percentage of what your load is worth or how do they determine how much you pay and is TJ different price than Mexicali?

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

deelucky1
theres people who transport and secure shipments. they can work for diffrent cartels at the same time they pay them for that. never  to fight if they do thats personal.im pretty sure thats why sinaloa is trying to put foot in tijuana to cut the middleman but locals wont let that happen.

Re: How do cartels protect their plazas from rival smugglers..?

realme1990
You really are underestimating how much control a cartel over their border crossings or plazas in general. They have the freaking local municipal and ministerial police under their control even federal police and soldiers are in on it but the key are the local authorities that know the cartel's operations inside and out. Plus they have people watching over the border crossings themselves. It takes stash houses, mechanic shops, local police and intelligence officers to operate and ship sizeable amounts of drugs. The local police and halcones know which mechanic shops are in service with them and they'll find out if you are moving product by yourself. You are really underestimating the intelligence networks placed by the cartels.
"If it quack like a duck shoot it"
12