How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

nacho23

Re: How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

I'd say at least 75%.

Re: How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

Char
I really liked the article because at least it gave us more information on Mencho. Not a lot information on him except a common senses arrested in California, became a police
Officer in Tomatlán, and eventually started working for Armando Valencia El Maradona.

Here is a song Los Alegres del Barranco about El Mencho hopefully you know spanish. I was very surprised that Los Alegres would compose a song to Mencho since they usually sing to Sinaloa Cartel lieutenants.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BReuciVGSmE

Re: How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

Is the 1st part of that corrido Mencho's voice from that 1 where he was ragging out that Police Chief last year over the phone and it was recorded?

Re: How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

nacho

we need an article posted please.

Re: How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

YogiBear

Re: How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

Char
@Canadiana
Yes that is his voice. Mencho uses colorful language in narco mantas, so that phone call with the police captain helps out because whenever narco mantas signed by CJNG and have words like fucking dog, fags (putito), chingar.. it is most likely Mencho.
In the corrido it says “power earns you money”.. cristal meth gives me that.... Los Alegres are legit in terms of corridos.
Several mantas appeared in Zapopan, Jalisco, in January 2017,

Raúl Alejandro Velázquez Ruiz. Sigues mamando y ahora quieres más dinero, te pasas de verga y puto. Sigues haciendo lo que te da tu puta gana, pero con lo que te damos esta mas que suficiente culero. Nomas mira a tu pinche vieja en las redes sociales con relojes y mamada y media pero mira hijo de tu puta madre respeta lo que hablamos si no quieres que te lleve la verga junto con tu pinche vieja ratera y lucida asi que no salgas con tus
mamadas y lo que te damos es mas que suficiente Puto y ponte las pilas (sic)”.

Re: How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

LeeClaire
I find this quote a bit suspect:

"These guys have way more money than Sinaloa," says a former DEA agent who spent years hunting the cartel in Mexico

Re: How accurate is RollingStones Magazine's article on El Mencho?

LuckyLuciano
Typical government sensationalism