Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

Bajadrone-2

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

Mexico-Watcher
BajaDrone: Good post for our English only readers.

 I am passing it on to some of my gringo friends who seem totally ignorant about the "fire" next door in Mexico.  They as yet don't realize the many serious implications of the Normalistas' massacre on the USA (with millions of legal and illegal Mexicans in the US).

Sooner or later our US mainstream media will be forced to cover the Normalistas' massacre on the 6 O'Clock news.  Maybe the college students demonstrations set for later this month at Mexican Consulates will force America to take notice of the "Failed State" Mexico.

Mexico-Watcher

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

tuSancho
You know, the real connection of a failed state seemed academic to me until just the other day.  As I watch what is happening in Mex with the spread of the demonstrations I also read a report, probably here, from Castillo.  He said, the reason enough of the promised security forces have not yet reached Morelia is because of "logistics".  I imagine the government forces, police and military, are beginning to be stretched thin.  It is entirely possible, I believe, for there to be such dispersed disturbances and disruption, that the forces will not be able to cover it all.  There will be no 'front', and the entire country will be spread with rebellious demonstrating student cockroaches.  I don't mean this in a bad way.  It is the shoe on the other foot.  The government will not be able to stamp out the spreading and moving fire of protest.  It will also not be able to control the cartels at the same time.  Chingado!

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

Bajadrone-2

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

QwikNes
Great post Baja.

According to the article, there was a video taken of EPN's visit with the victims families where they demand he step down if he can not provide them answers. Have any of you seen it? I'm going to look on YouTube and see if I can find it. I love that they stood toe to toe with him and spoke from their hearts.

I'm starting to see my friends take notice and discuss these events. I think this tragic event "broke the camels back" so to speak and Mexico's unruly corruption is finally being unveiled in all of its disgustingness.. It's like a snowball going down a mountain that's gaining serious momentum and growing. I really hope that Mexico's citizens cause legitimate change and fight this for their right to truly live free and without fear.

It was absolutely disgusting to see the mayor and his wife casually pack their luggage when they were caught while Dr.Mireles was blindfolded and treated like he was a murderer. It's so mind boggling to me.

EDIT:
Here's the video of the meeting with EPN.

Some takeaways from the video (Loosely translated by me)

Early on one of the fathers who states his son called him when this was happening and luckily his son made it out. He states that they have reached their limit with patience. They are at their last moments as Mexican's backing this president after the ineptness the government has shown.

@ 2:40 the father states that if EPN does not have the capability to give them an answer now, he should be thinking like the governor of Guerrero (to step down) because EPN has responsibilities also. He then asks how many days does it take the federal government to take the case. He states that on this day, they are here with the intention to tell him that they place a period of 2-3 days to get correct & immediate results. He states that the students are alive, the hurt in the parents is extreme, and if he were to see their desperation during these difficult times, EPN would not have slept at all. He ultimately states that if EPN is not able to get them the answers they deserve then he is not capable as president and should step down.

@ 4:40 is where one of the fathers' tells EPN the following

 "From this day forward, if you feel you have responsibility on your part, respond to those who voted for you. I definitively didn't vote for you but respond also to those who did vote for you because they confided in a president who they believed in and would respond quickly. These students are not dead, they are alive". He then sits down and another man shouts "Who took our children?!!" and the crowd responds "The police!". He shouts again "In the state of Guerrero, who took our children?!" and they respond again with "the police!"
"make it hard to spot the general by working like a soldier"

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

Really good point Tu Sancho about police forces being stretched not being able to get to Michoacán.As a daughter of Chief of Police and sister of a Mountie I can appreciate good police work and it can take 15 detectives to solve 1 homicide and Mexico has tens of thousands and just don't have the manpower,competence or WILL to they would rather just use the police to flow the money on up.

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

Great post and thanks for the translating.

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

elcienporcien

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

Rubbertoe
  "At that time, ( 1968) these kinds of things happened: mass disappearances of people, where no one was held accountable," he told the newspaper.Yet in the 21st century, he said, Latin America "has overcome these kinds of practices."

This person has his or her head en el culo. You don't have to look far. What about the hundreds of bodies uncovered in the fosas while lloking for the Normalistas. And that's only scratching the surface. No one wants to talk about those gone and they would be next.

Re: Historic protests convulse Mexico/ CNN Video

Rubbertoe
These families need to know the amount of support there is for them, Mexican and international.