Hippo in Veracruz

Kye0001
Just seen this and I wonder if it ties into someone who's fled or being killed?  A hippo is a strange thing to loose lol

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/hippo-finds-home-veracruz-lagoon/

Hippo finds a home in Veracruz lagoon
Tyzon has become a popular member of the community in Las Choapas
Mexico News Daily | Saturday, March 10, 2018
An African hippopotamus appears to be making himself at home in a Veracruz lagoon, showing signs of settling down and even engaging in a tryst with a local farmer’s calf.

Nicknamed Tyzon by residents of Las Choapas, the 600-kilogram hippo had been sighted in lagoons across the state but has now taken up residence here, becoming something of a popular mascot in the community.

Residents say the hippo is timid and heads for the water when vehicles approach, but environmental authorities believe he could be a threat and are now considering how they might capture and move the animal to an ecological reserve in Orizaba.

Some locals — who have even created a Facebook page for Tyzon — would prefer the animal remain and be named the official mascot of Las Choapas, a municipality in the southeastern corner of the state.

The environmental protection agency Profepa said hippos can be aggressive and pose a danger to the public and native species.

Where Tyzon came from remains a mystery.

Re: Hippo in Veracruz

Slappy
Some narco's escaped pet...
Sounds like that hippo gets around.  Lagoons all over Veracruz.  Hippo's a pimp.

Re: Hippo in Veracruz

I think I had read somewhere that Pablo Escobar had a herd of African hippos and apparently they are thriving and living in the wilds among the waters of Columbia.Whether they escaped or authorities let them go after Pablo was killed not sure.

Re: Hippo in Veracruz

Kye0001
There's a really good documentary on YouTube called Pablo's hippos its well worth a watch.