Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ
This post was updated on .
@ jason

You just don't get it. This is not about you [or] me. This is about the country as a whole.

If you are for tax breaks on the filthy rich and believe that a tax free system will pay for itself; If you are for privatizing everything and giving full control to the corporations and banks [Too Big To Fail]; If you are for a privatized health care system; If you are pro-life and think that it's okay to force a probe in a pregnant woman's vagina; If you believe that an embryo is a person and that stem cell research is bad for [religious reasons]; If you believe that global warming is just a myth; If you believe that we should drill as much oil as possible now and worry about alternative fuels later; If you support reducing hundreds of thousands of federal jobs; If you support cutting military benefits; If you support senior citizen 'death panels'; If you believe that we should start another war [with Iran]; If you are for spending more on national defense; If you think that Obama is more responsible for our problems than Bush;

THEN YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR ROMNEY

If you are against these beliefs,

THEN YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR OBAMA

And if you're still confused,

THEN VOTE FOR ROSEANNE BARR
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ

Paul Ryan Abortion Record: 4 Reasons Why VP Pick is Bad News for Women

Dan Lesser from Policymic.com

The tornado of media coverage following Paul Ryan this past week has traced a route through his budget plan, his quirks, and his professed admiration of (ironically pro-abortion and atheist) philosopher Ayn Rand, but it has left largely untouched the topic of Ryan’s social agenda. Those who already believe Ryan is an extremist on budgetary issues will find that he is an extremist on abortion as well.

Here's why:

1) Ryan believes raped women should bring the fetus to bear

You were raped? Tough luck, says Ryan. He is staunchly against any sort of compromise when it comes to abortion. A fetus, even if the offspring of a rapist, has rights just like you and me. No, really – Ryan thinks fetuses have the same right to personhood as a person. The Sanctity of Human Life Act, a bill that Ryan supported, states that a fertilized egg should “have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood.” For his dogmatism, the National Right to Life committee has awarded Ryan a 100% voting score every year since his admittance into the House of Representatives in 1999.

2) Ryan would have Romney’s children thrown in jail for in vitro fertilization

If Romney were honest – if he wasn’t a politician intent on ascending to the presidency – he would acknowledge that he differs greatly from Ryan on abortion. After all, he did say, "I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country." Can’t get much more opposed to Ryan's position than that. That quote not only exemplifies Romney’s flip-flopping tendencies, but it also acts as a stunning backdrop for Ryan’s views. Three of Romney’s children employed in vitro fertilization to bring children into the world. During the process to create a so-called ‘test-tube baby,' multiple embryos are created. The problem with this, in the eyes of hard-core anti-abortionists like Ryan, is that only one embryo is implanted in the woman. The rest are either frozen or discarded, and so, according to some, a few unfortunate embryos are ‘murdered.’ Paul Ryan, in no uncertain terms, believes Romney’s children are murderers. One would think such a diametrically opposite viewpoint on an important topic would have precluded Ryan from being on Romney’s VP list.

3) Ryan would let women die

Ryan voted in favor of a bill that would, among other atrocities, allow hospitals to deny emergency abortions to women who are in danger of dying in labor . Ryan staunchly opposes federal funding for Planned Parenthood, which among other things, conducts cancer screenings and supports STD disease prevention for women. He voted to ban federal employees from choosing health insurance plans that include abortion coverage. He voted for and cosponsored a bill that would have imposed a tax on small businesses that allowed their employees to choose health insurance plans that included abortion coverage. He has voted time and time again to endanger the lives of women.

4) Ryan is against stem cell research

In 2005, 2006, and 2007, Ryan voted against stem-cell research. Nothing complex here - Ryan thinks embryos, most of which would otherwise go to waste, are more valuable than science that is likely to save untold millions of lives.

Somehow, Paul Ryan has the temerity to not just espouse these beliefs, but also claim that they can be reconciled with a small government mindset. This is the man who voted to make doctors criminals for failing to determine if the expected sex of a pregnancy is a factor in a woman’s decision to seek an abortion. He also voted in favor of two year prison sentences for doctors who perform abortions - even emergency abortions. How can a sane person think that is not a perfect example of the heavy hand of government?

ORIGINAL SOURCE:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/12800/paul-ryan-abortion-record-4-reasons-why-vp-pick-is-bad-news-for-women
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ

PAUL RYAN: 12 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MITT ROMNEY’S VP PICK {A WOMAN'S PERSPECTIVE}

by Amelia McDonnel-Parry from xojane.com

He's a big fan of Ayn Rand. He also looks like this guy I used to have hate sex with.

1. He’s 42. On a personal note, there are a couple things about Ryan that are off-putting to me. First, he’s only 10 years older than me. That’s the age difference between me and the oldest boyfriend I’ve ever had. In other words, Paul Ryan is young enough to be my boyfriend. Or I’m old enough to be his girlfriend. Whatever. On one hand, I’ve always been bothered by the fact that so many of our elected officials are so old and out of touch with the youngest generations of voters. On the other hand, a VP who fits within my dating age range on OK Cupid freaks me out a little.

(The second thing about Paul Ryan that is off-putting to me is that he looks so much like this guy — a Republican, by the way -- that I used to have hate sex with. I say hate sex because we had fun together in the bedroom, but, like, fought about everrrrrrything outside of the bedroom and sometimes I found myself thinking, Ughhhh, I hate him! It didn’t last all that long -- like, a month -- but it was a weird time.)

2. He’s a big fan of Ayn Rand. “The reason I got involved in public service, by and large, if I had to credit one thinker, one person, it would be Ayn Rand,” he said at a D.C. gathering honoring the author of Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead. “I give out ‘Atlas Shrugged’ as Christmas presents, and I make all my interns read it. Well … I try to make my interns read it.” Even if you’re a fan of Rand’s writing and character development, Rand’s philosophy — that selfishness is a “virtue” — is quite troubling! Rand called altruism as “evil,” condemned Christianity for its work helping the poor, and described Arabs as “almost totally primitive savages.” Though Ryan has distanced himself from Rand’s atheist beliefs, and not that you should base your vote this November on which books line the candidates’ shelves, it’s worth noting whose writings they’re most influenced by.

3. He’s not a friend to gay people. Ryan voted in 1999 in favor of banning same-sex couples from adopting in the District of Columbia (over which Congress often exerts control); he voted against repealing Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (which barred members of the military from being “out”); when the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act passed through the House in 2009, Ryan voted against it; earlier this year, he supported Wisconsin’s state constitutional amendment to ban on same-sex marriage; and he twice voted for a federal marriage amendment defining marriage as the union of one man and one woman.

4. He thinks fertilized eggs are people and should be treated as such under the eyes of the law. Ryan was among 62 other Republicans who co-sponsored the Sanctity of Human Life Act, which declares that a fertilized egg “shall have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood.” Under such a law, abortion, some forms of contraception and invitro fertilization would be banned.

5. He’s extremely and proudly anti-choice. Paul Ryan has been heralded by pro-life groups for his stance against abortion, even in cases of rape or incest. He also voted to defund Planned Parenthood.

6. His economic plans calls for just two tax brackets. Paul is best known for authoring “The Path to Prosperity,” an alternative budget plan that would, among other things, replace “the current tax structure with two brackets — 25 percent and 10 percent — and cut the top rate from 35 percent.” Uh, so what does that mean? Basically, according to a study prepared by the congressional Joint Economic Committee and verified by independent experts, Ryan’s plan would raise taxes on families making less than $200,000, even while it gives millionaires a tax cut. Funzies!

7. He was voted “Biggest Brown Noser” in high school. This is neither here nor there, I just think it’s funny.

8. He has a very lush head of hair. So does Mitt Romney. I honestly think this is the least bald ticket since Bill Clinton and Al Gore.

9. He wants to privatize Medicare. One of the more controversial aspects of his “Path to Prosperity” involves changing the existing version of Medicare, in which government provides seniors with a guaranteed benefit, into a “premium” voucher system to spend as they want. This is where it gets complicated, so I’ll turn to Politico to explain further:

The idea is to turn Medicare into a program that subsidizes private insurance plans. A voucher would do that by sending the money to seniors, and they’d go out and buy the plan. With premium support, Medicare pays the money straight to the plan that the senior chooses.

So yes, there’s a difference — but it’s hairsplitty. What worries people about vouchers is the idea that the money will be limited, and it won’t cover their costs. Will the payments be limited in premium support? Of course. That’s how it saves money.

There’s a lot more at the link which explains what aspects of ObamaCare that Ryan’s plan would keep, etc. I think this is one of the more important and complicated issues of this election year, so read up!

10. He is a very good public speaker. Unlike Mitt Romney, who, let’s face it, might be a member of the Borg, Paul Ryan is really good in front of a microphone and in interviews. He speaks with ease, confidence, and affability. And he has a very beautiful set of baby blues.

11. He thinks Social Security is a “Ponzi Scheme.” Since 2005, Ryan has advocated for privatizing the retirement benefit and investing it in stocks and bonds.

12. He kind of hates Mother Earth. Well, maybe he doesn’t hate her, but he loves the money Big Oil lines his pockets with more. He has a long history of voting against various environmental protection laws and has implied that snow invalidates global warming.

original source:

http://www.xojane.com/issues/paul-ryan-12-things-know-about-mitt-romney-s-vp-pick

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

Frontera
“AJ You (Frontera) are a tough person to debate cuz you are persistent and you do your homework. The problem is, you get all of your information from conservative sources.”

Yes it is hard for you to debate facts, or any liberal to debate facts - liberals do not like facts.

Thanks for the compliment, however your perception as to the information sources I pull from are varied and are not single minded, rather the thoughts I post are mine that are gleaned from various sources – try it sometimes AJ and maybe your thinking will change to the benefit of future generations of the conservative view that is based on knowledge and facts, with no spin.

AJ when you get cornered on specifics you skate the issues with non related spin to divert the topic. We can’t  learn from you with that system, but with all due respect to you it’s typical  of a liberal.

Now AJ as Chivas stated “is this all a liberal can come up with?” but it did make me laugh.
Ryan
1. He’s 42.
3. He’s not a friend to gay people.
7. He was voted “Biggest Brown Noser” in high school.
8. He has a very lush head of hair.
12. He kind of hates Mother Earth.

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

jason5683
AJ,

I don't think anyone can be all for or against these 20 items.

If you are for tax breaks on the filthy rich and believe that a tax free system will pay for itself;
-- Obama has not lowered taxes and just adopted the same same tax schema that Bush had.

If you are for privatizing everything and giving full control to the corporations and banks [Too Big To Fail];
-- I thin postal system should be privatized, but have not problem with regulations.

If you are for a privatized health care system;
-- Yes, I don't want to turn into Canada where vets have better equipment than hospitals.

If you are pro-life and think that it's okay to force a probe in a pregnant woman's vagina;
-- choice for women

If you believe that an embryo is a person and that stem cell research is bad for [religious reasons];
-- choice for women

If you believe that global warming is just a myth;
-- I don't me driving a smart car will fix it, naturally occurring events like volcanoes produce more issues than us peons could.

If you believe that we should drill as much oil as possible now and worry about alternative fuels later;
-- I think we should diffidently use our resources and drill here, instead of having China drill in our Gulf.  Alternative energy or the thought of it is great, but how many Solyndra's do you want?

 If you support reducing hundreds of thousands of federal jobs;
-- I do, a meter maid in California receives 100K annual salary and will receive pension.  The economy can survive on decisions like that.  That's why California is broke, not because of Bush.  People losing there jobs, of course no one wants.  But if I owned a small company and my employees were making more money than I bring in, what do i do?  Cut jobs right.  That is why private sector companies are profitable, the government is just playing with the houses money.

 If you support cutting military benefits;
-- Never for cutting out vets, but this is speculation.  Congress and the house would have to pass a bill.

 If you support senior citizen 'death panels';
-- This is what Obamacare calls for and no I am not for.

 If you believe that we should start another war [with Iran];
-- War is always in the future, this is the world we live in.  If Iran had a government planned attack on USA soil, I expect retaliation in 24 hours (depending on details, etc....).

 If you are for spending more on national defense;
-- Yes I am, if it is a necessary step.

 If you think that Obama is more responsible for our problems than Bush;
-- This is more of an opinion and irrelevant with this election.

Thanks
Jason

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

ToPHeR
Please explain to us all how Romney/Ryan is a "worse" choice than Obama? Where have you been the past 4 years?

The man came in with full control of Congress during his first 2 years and still couldn't do sh*t! So much for the hope & change!
AJ

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ
@ Frontera

That article was written by a woman and it was part factual and part tongue and cheek. But their is much more that I can come up with. If it will please you, I am more than happy to oblige.
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ
@ Topher

You are right. Obama is a disappointment. His alliance with Timothy Geithner and GE speaks for itself. But Romney is much worse. My vote is not going to a greedy private equity business man who has all of his money hidden in 7 or more countries used as tax havens and offshore accounts or someone who destroys businesses and makes money off these businesses' losses and then sends jobs to China for personal profit, a flip-flopper who never takes a stand on anything and who is hiding his tax returns. What is he hiding?

CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ
@ jason

Obama is a 'sellout'. No doubt. But most of the problems come from a very difficult, stubborn and immature Republican ruled house. How can a president make anything happen when his own congress is determined to 'Destroy him'?

That's a woman's choice. I take it, you're not married or have a daughter?

A corporations' main objective is to take as much money from the middle-class as possible and to reduce it's workforce and to pay the cheapest labor as possible. If it is not expanding it's profits every year, than it will minimize and sit on it's money. The problem is that the corporations' have dried up the world's economy and all that money is sitting in the banks [all around the world]. There is less money to take. That's why these corporations are now trying to buy all of the earth's gold. In the next 60 - 100 years, the corporations will have dried up the earth of all of it's oil. The corporations' are like groups of greedy immature children who need to be taught how to follow a set of rules. If you let these corporations do whatever the hell they want, they will abuse their privileges. The problem is that the government is in cahoots with the corporations [especially the Republicans]

U.S. automobiles and light trucks are responsible for nearly half of all greenhouse gases emitted by automobiles globally, according to a new study by Environmental Defense. Carbon dioxide emissions from personal vehicles in the United States equaled 314 million metric tons in 2004. That much carbon could fill a coal train 55,000 miles long—long enough to circle the Earth twice. Cars and trucks made by GM gave off 99 million metric tons of carbon dioxide or 31 percent of the total. Carbon dioxide emissions from fossil fuel burning power plants and Methane emissions from animals [animal farts], also play a huge factor in the global warming epidemic. These problems can be helped by focusing on alternative fuels and energies. But how can we win against a country like China who is backed up by American corporations, who sells cheap stocks on solar panels and solar products just to monopolize the industry?

Anyone who believes that global warming is a myth is most likely a conservative or someone who supports conservative ideologies.

The U.S. spends more money on national defense more than the rest of the world combined. That money can be used for more constructive expenditures. The U.S. also spends more on health care more than any other country in the world and yet it's health and life expectancy ranks low compared to the other rich nations, including Canada. Canadians' live about 3 years longer than Americans now.

We should also spend more money on education than weapons that kill people. Not to mention, we should lower student interest loans instead of raising them.

Many of these federal and local jobs that the Republicans want to reduce are teachers, police, firemen and military workers.

Never forget what the Bush administration did to this country and the world; This administration is responsible for an 11 trillion dollar deficit, even considering the fact that when president Bush took office in 2001, he inherited a $236 billion budget surplus, with a projected 10-year surplus of $5.6 trillion. He is responsible for starting an unnecessary war with a country that was not a terrorist threat, for $$$$$ and resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths and injuries and emotional destruction to families. Bush's 'TOO BIG TO FAIL' policies ruined the economy that Obama inherited.

Jason, you are clearly a middle-aged, middle-class white male, who supports conservative ideologies. I recommend that you vote for Mitt Romney. You are either with the progressive movement or not. The truth speaks for itself.

'Lower the principle of the debt just like FDR did. That will fix a lot of our problems. But we all know, that will never happen.'

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

ToPHeR
I don't even know where to start with your post.

The fact that Romney is a successful businessman should be enough reason for you to vote for him. He shipped jobs to China? So what, he did it to save his company! It's the greedy unions in this country that have driven the price of manufacturing up so high that we are no longer competitive! (And I'm a union member too!) Obama also did the same thing using GOVERNMENT stimulus money as well as letting GE move over there. Obama's administration is allowing GE to operate paying NO tax!

Call Romney whatever you want, but I'd rather have a guy in office who knows how to efficiently and productively run and manage a successful business than a career academia politician who got his start as Jesse Jackson's right hand man shaking down businesses by using the racism threat to force companies into giving Jesse and his ghetto organization a cut of business.

All you need to do Ajulio is look at the state of Illinois and the financial mess we are in because of the Democratic machine that has ruled this state with its corrupt politicians for decades! In a few years we will owe more money to government pensions than to our own public education system! Look at all of Obama's campaign donors that have been convicted by the Feds for corruption! He used the same guys as Blago!

The problem is you only know what you read in the mainstream media's biased articles that have never touched on the REAL Obama. He gets a pass from every source! Explore Illinois politics and you will find out who Obama REALLY is! I dare you!

And I'm from Chicago too! The REAL southside! Not that fake ass "Hyde Park" neighborhood that Obama is from which is in its own utopian bubble barricaded from the rest of the south side. Look at the murder rate in this city! Nearly 90% of all murders in this city come from 2 areas and 1 happens to be right next to Obama's glorious Hyde Park! He can't even control his own part of town how do you expect him to run a country!
AJ

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ
@ Topher

It's not the fact that Romney is filthy rich. It's the fact that he cheats and steals and lies. He doesn't deserve to buy his way into the presidency like he did in Massachusetts. He should show his tax returns. What is he hiding? Why so many foreign bank accounts?

Why does he criticize Obamacare when Romneycare is the same thing? Why does he first say that Ryan's plan is the same as his then changes his mind just to change his mind again? What is he, a liberal or a conservative? Too many loopholes in his profile.

I would rather live in Illinois than Mississippi [America's most conservative and poorest state in the U.S.]

I would rather live in California, New York or Illinois than to live in Mississippi, Alabama or Arkansas any day.

'Just my veinte pesos'
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

Slappy
"Can't blame Bush this time. "  lol

Almost half of the yearly deficit in 2012 is from Bush policies.  Unfunded wars, unfunded tax cuts for rich, unfunded medicare part D.  Bush spent all this money with no way to pay for it.  It's called stealing.

The Pew Center reported in April 2011 the cause of a $12.7 trillion shift in the debt situation, from a 2001 CBO forecast of a cumulative $2.3 trillion surplus by 2011 versus the estimated $10.4 trillion public debt we actually face in 2011. The major drivers were:

Revenue declines due to the recession (the Bush collapse), separate from the Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003: 28%
Defense spending increases: 15%
Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003: 13%
Increases in net interest: 11%
Other non-defense spending: 10%
Other tax cuts: 8%
Obama Stimulus: 6%
Medicare Part D: 2%
Other reasons: 7%[40]

This is BEFORE figuring in the Bush wars

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_public_debt#2001_vs._2012

Republicans are incompetent with it comes to fiscal matters

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

ToPHeR
Ajulio now you're just spinning the numbers! The top 3 most bankrupt states are California, Illinois, and New York! All Democratic-controlled states!

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

Frontera
This is a perfect summary of obumer, nothing more needs to be said
Obumer_cartoon.jpg

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

jason5683
Banned User
Brilliant cartoon

Best regards,

Jason Love
Sent from my iPhone.

On Aug 17, 2012, at 3:41 PM, "Frontera [via Borderland Beat Forum]"<[hidden email]> wrote:

This is a perfect summary of obumer, nothing more needs to be said
Obumer_cartoon.jpg

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Hey-Girl-It-s-Paul-Ryan-tp4029367p4029485.html
To unsubscribe from Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan, click here.
NAML

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

theboss
I love watching you Yanks debate politics like there's actually going to be a winner.

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

jason5683
Banned User
Unfortunately the winners in Mexico are determined by gift cards.

Best regards,

Jason Love
Sent from my iPhone.

On Aug 17, 2012, at 4:09 PM, "theboss [via Borderland Beat Forum]"<[hidden email]> wrote:

I love watching you Yanks debate politics like there's actually going to be a winner.

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Hey-Girl-It-s-Paul-Ryan-tp4029367p4029489.html
To unsubscribe from Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan, click here.
NAML

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

theboss
Not Mexican, but yeah that's unfortunate.
AJ

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

AJ

MOMMA'S BOY! PAUL RYAN BRINGS HIS MOMMY INTO THE MEDICARE DEBATE

from The Atlantic Wire

Paul Ryan wanted to assure the senior citizens in Florida that the rumors aren't true. His budget plan isn't going to totally gut medicare. To help make his point, he brought along the one person he knew they could relate to: His Mom.

While Ryan's speech focused almost entirely on Medicare, apparently he got the biggest applause for what he said energy and small businesses. That didn't stop him from talking at length about Medicare, though, and for the first time telling the story of his grandmother, who suffered from advanced Alzheimer's and moved into the family house when Ryan was in high school.

"Like a lot of Americans, when I think about Medicare, it’s not just a program," Ryan said. "It’s what my mom relies on. It’s what my grandma had... Medicare was there for our family, for my grandma, when we needed it then, and Medicare is there for my mom while she needs that now, and we need to keep that guaranteed," he said.

Ryan also told the story of how his mom reinvented her life after his dad passed away, but sullied the point a little when he included a "you didn't build that" joke. "When my dad died, my mom went back to school, she went back to college, got a new skill or a new trade and she started a small business…We were taking care of my grandma at the time. She was going to school, and then she started this small business," Ryan said. "And mom? Mom? I am proud of you for going out and getting another degree. I am proud of you for the small business that you created and mom, you did build that. That is what America is all about. I am so proud of her for that. I am so proud of her for doing that right in the middle of her life."

How effective Ryan's talk was is difficult to gage. When you consider who he was speaking to -- a retirement community in Florida -- a talk about Medicare should have riled up the crowd a bit more. Instead, there was a plane flying overhead with a banner saying, "Paul Ryan — keep your hands off our Medicare."

ORIGINAL SOURCE:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/08/paul-ryans-mom-jokes-tk/55931/

CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Hey Girl. It's Paul Ryan

Frontera
This post was updated on .
With all due respect AJ always copying and pasting articles doesn't provide much in the way of what 'your' thoughts are as to remedying current US economic issues, or who would be best at remedying same and why.

The surest sign that Liberals know they are in trouble is the desperation with which they are trying, desperately, to steer the conversation away from the economy, entitlements, and the Constitution--with the help of the media and copy and paste liberals that have no thoughts of their own, or single source skewed thoughts.
12