Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

ovemex
I will be interviewing a Major from the Mexican Army. If you have any questions you would like answered, please post them here.

Saludos
Ovemex

Re: Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions

Huero - BB
Good Job Ovemex!

Do the ground troops believe they are winning this war?
What solutions do they have to address the defection rate among their troops?
What is his stance on the position Mexico has toward capital punishment?
How does he feel about US intervention in battling the drug war? Does he believe Mexico really needs it?
What steps has he taken to protect his family from cartel attacks due to the nature of his role in this drug war?
Has he ever been approached by anyone offering a bribe?
Has he personally ever known anyone who is affiliated with drug cartels? If so, what did he do about it?
In his proffessional career, has he ever doubted the integrity of higher ranking officials he's had to interact with?
Who or what does he feel is the root cause for this war and what is his solution for it?
How does he feel about his fellow countrymen of Mexico supporting and glorifying cartel bosses via their culture?
Besides curbing drug use, what else can the USA do to aid Mexico in fighting this drug war?
Which of the known cartels does he believe is the greatest threat to the stability of Mexico?
How does he feel about the way BorderlandBeat has covered the drug war? What are his suggestions as far as content and sources?

I'll post more when I have a chance. Good luck Ovemex!

It's very encouraging to know that BorderlandBeat can the the vehicle in which the voice of Mexico can be heard by the english speaking American audience without censorship. I hope more readers who are on the frontlines will step up and contribute what they know.
“We are recorders and reporters of the facts-not judges of the behavior we describe.” - Alfred C. Kinsey

My Questions for the Mx Army Major-Thanks Ovemex

Jeeze Huero you hogged all the good ones!!!!!  JAJAJAJA...JUST KIDDING!  Good Qs..

I have two Ove..

1.  WHAT WOULD YOU MOST LIKE AMERICANS TO KNOW ABOUT MEXICO?

2.  NAME FIVE ISSUES THAT MUST BE A PART OF ANY PLAN TO WIN THE WAR AGAINST ORGANIZED CRIME.
    SOCIAL-JUDICIAL ETC

THANKS

Re: Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions

El Profe

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

Havana
Ovemex Hi!  Quickly, if it's not too late (unlikely as it may be), please add a few of these questions to your list.  Thanks for giving us the opportunity to learn something.

Do you feel the Mexican military gets enough of the money that's given to the Mexican government by the US to help fight the drug war?  Does it get any? Or does this money dissipate long before it can begin to help because it is a pittance anyway? Is that money actually genuine? I mean, do you ever see something like upgrades in equipment etc., that may be attributed to these funds? Or is it merely propaganda Americans are fed to believe they're doing something more than assuaging their guilt over causing the problem.

Is some of that money used to attack some of the social problems in Mexico?

How do you prevent your "highly trained elite soldiers" from defecting to the enemy offering exorbitant wages?

How can you be effective when you have to think about human rights violations?

How can you think of human rights violations when you're dealing with people who do nothing but violate human rights with the most exaggerated methods every day of the week?

With all the huge cocaine busts, what is done with it?

What happens to a huge confiscation of drug money?

Is it possible that some of that money could be used for something good like say supporting the military, advanced equipment, a new chopper, drug education, illiteracy and the like?  Or does it sit in a locker somewhere as evidence just rotting?

Is corruption curable? Is it contagious?

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

el Spaceio
does he think Mexico will ever arm the citizens and how does the Mexican Army deal with armed citizens they may happen to come accross.
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

mrchingasos

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

El Regio
lol nobody turns to you fools for help.... they despise you because you are vermin, they want you gone, dead!

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

El Profe

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

musicwielder
I know this is off the original topic but feel I need to reply here;

CDG is correct in stating that if one needs help they will ask the CDG. I know I would and have considered it more than a few times.
The cops are dirtier than any of the cartels and the Z's are just plain insane. The only other alternative is the CDG.
Or do any of you have a better alternative?

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

ovemex
To all of you who have sent in questions: Thank you!!!

I have them all notated (as well as around 25 of my own) and hope to have some answers by the end of this week.

Thanks again for your time.

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

Wow...I am sitting here thinking do I really want to get involved...but I saw Ove's post and thought shit damn whats going on.

After Swanka I have made a great effort not to get into these childish war of words and figure some folks like it so to each their own, as long as it is not way out there like swanka.

BUT...the cdg thing here I will comment on.  While is is correct SOME people turn to cdg for help and I suppose who knows what desperation will drive a person to seek that sort of help, but it happens with EVERY cartel, they all help orgs, church, people.  In my state it is the Zs, I have openingly have written when they saw my compalining in the media of waiting going on 3 years for a transformer for a school and that often that means no plumbing etc immediately after that I was offered a transformer from the last letter, who have also sent word of offering other help.  Of course I would in no way take it from those who kidnapped a friends teenaged sons, killed our chief a young man with 3 kids, burn downed a family home of aquaintence among all the horrors done to people I don't know.  People think because I or regio or anyone states the power we think Zs have that we support them when nothing could be further than the truth.  I have no preference and my statements are just facts as I know them to be and to make any other reference is ignorant.  I HATE THEM ALL, I HATE THAT THEY HAVE CHEATED MEXICO OF ITS BEST AND BRIGHTEST AND CHEATED THE CHILDREN IN MX A BRIGHT FUTURE.  So though I realize some may appear to cause less harm to innocents that is a LIE and unfactual, they have ALL stolen Mexico of its great potential.  For me that is enough to say fuck them all to hell.

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

kylesam
Buela your exactly right "For me that is enough to say fuck them all to hell. " jajaja...anyways I don't like this forum anymore or comment for that matter, it went from informing people to basically fighting back and forth among certain people. They ruined it!

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

Havana
True, indeed but very "unabuela y unBuela -like language.  Jajajaja

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

JAJAJAJAJA...Yep!  Very unbuela like.  The devil gave us the F-Bomb and dang it but at times it truly is the only word that "does it"

Ks..I noticed there are a lot more people on forum now, but that should not drive you away, say your piece if it becomes ridiculous just bail out of that post.  You have good insight dont let the fools drive you away.

seriously all this talk about CDG being good fries my behind, how can  any person of logic, intelligence think and say such nonsense????  especially living in Mexico?  Mexico should be a country of glory and prosperity but for the corruption and cartels which go hand in hand.  The cartels have destroyed a complete generation of human beings, by violence and crime.  So those that say " oh they are the good cartel"  or " viva CDG"  or any cartel, are complete fools that settle.  In effect it is saying oh look what they have done for people, no assholes look at what they have taken away from people!

Of course, as always this is my dos centavos.. but I am 100% sure I am right.

Re: Here's your Opportunity to ask a Mexican Army Major questions!!!!!

gringoloco
CDG is 100% correct when he says that people turn to CDG for security. And the CDG historically was far different than the Zetas have evolved to. The CDG and Osiel created the Zetas, but the way the organization evolved and grew rapidly and chaotically was never anticipated or expected. The quiet way drugs were moved through Tamps was efficient and not a problem to the locals. I can remember attending functions with top CDG people and there was never a concern for safety, ever. Horse races, cock fights, drag races, dances, etc were common and always under control due to the stability of the CDG and the respect they had for family and community.

Too bad this war has ended the great community spirit that used to be present in Tamps. Hopefully, the CDG is allowed to monopolize the area once again and return safety and stability to the area. The US consumer is the problem, and Mexico will never stop being the route due to the puchasing dollars of the US consumer. The citizens of Mexico are the victims of the US bad drug habit.