Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

Tex

Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

Tex

Re: Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

JesusTheMoose
I like the Farmer's Market on Commission St. but I wish they'd do something about the flies. Las Cuarto Milpas with their generous bowl of Chorizo and their fresh flour tortillas are just awesome. It's not easy to get better tacos than at Tacos el Gordo. Tita's Kitchenette for Filipino food. Mama's Bakery has the best Lebanese food. That's what I miss most about San Diego. We're pretty good cooks at home but we can't top them.

The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

JesusTheMoose
Tex, did you get that article out of the Reader?

Tex

Re: Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

Tex

Re: Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

ownzor
Well, now I'm hungry...

Re: Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

JesusTheMoose
My father told me that in his village they would put in a calf or a cow in a hole with hot rocks and cover it with costales and then dirt and let it smolder for a day or so.
The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

Birria De Chivo
 Here in Michigan, barbacoa is just some beef cheeks cooked in a slow cooker, only at weddings or quinceaƱeras have I seen an animal roasted in a pit all day.

Re: Here is Mexico, Aqui es Texcoco

mofle619
mmmm im going to have to check these places out... there is a really good birria place off of cornado ave in south san diego that is only open tues-sun from 8am to 3pm... strange that they have those hour of operation but that place is amazing... drinking the hot caldo while being hung over after a long night partying in TJ really hits the spot!