Helier Daniel Gutiérrez Quintana, cousin of "El 80" Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

Helier Daniel Gutiérrez Quintana, cousin of "El 80" Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

El Universal
The leader of La Línea, of the Júarez cartel, is detained in Chihuahua
The General Commissioner of the Federal Police, Manelich Castilla Craviotto, will give more details of the capture of the leader of the Line was located by the Federal Police

Elements of the Federal Police detained in Chihuahua a leader of La Linea, arm of the Júarez cartel.

After the intelligence and field work, the leader of La Línea was located by the Federal Police in coordination with the Attorney General's Office (PGR) and the National Security and Research Center (CISEN).

The Administration for Drug Control (DEA) identifies Carlos Arturo Quintana El 80, and Julio César Olivas Torres El Sexto, as the leaders of the Carrillo Fuentes cartel.

Quintana is among the most wanted list of the FBI and gained notoriety for his way of operating violently with his group of assassins, according to authorities is a key piece for the Juarez cartel.

The General Commissioner of the Federal Police, Manelich Castilla Craviotto, will give more details of the detention at 1:00 pm at the Ministry of the Interior (Segob).

Re: Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

Mica
El Diaro translates differently.

A presumed family member of the drug trafficker identified by the authorities as leader of the criminal group 'La Línea', Carlos Arturo Quintana alias 'El 80', was arrested last night in Ciudad Juárez in a residence in the Campos Elíseos subdivision.

Unofficial data indicate that the arrested person called Luis Carlos Perales and is a relative of 'El 80', while in a press conference the Federal Police (PF) identified him as Hélier Daniel Gutiérrez Quintana.

He was secured at approximately 10 pm yesterday by the elements of the FP highlighted on this border to combat the criminal incidence.

Sources inside the PF indicated that at 1:00 pm today the case will be presented by the authorities in Mexico City, at the facilities of the Ministry of the Interior.

Re: Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

Activa

The Federal Police detained Helier Daniel Gutiérrez Quintana, cousin of "El 80", who went out of his way as deputy director of the Municipal Police of that town, which controls the region of Namiquipa and its surroundings.

Gutierrez Quintana is accused of the crime of aggravated kidnapping and drug trafficking, was transferred to the Cereso of Aquiles Serdán before a strong operative by agents of the Prosecutor's Office and the Federal Police.

It should be noted that it had to be the Federal Police who detained the alleged offender and not the agents of the state's public prosecutor's office, much less the State Police, which are supposed to protect the security of the Chihuahuas.

The arrest was made based on intelligence from the Federal Police during the early hours of this Thursday. More information will be given in the coming hours.

Re: Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

mica i also saw both posts.  i went to chih noticias after not being able to find other outlets running the el 80 story.

i think it is el chato.  i think i will take mine down.

Re: Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

Mica
@Chivis
I was really excited when I saw the first headline, but it's a big teaser.  The cousins have a striking resemblance. His time is coming!

Re: Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

me too!

Re: Helier Daniel Gutiérrez Quintana, cousin of "El 80" Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

Slappy
I have always been confused by the relationship between La Linea and the Juarez cartel.  I know La Linea is the armed wing of the cartel.  How did El Viceroy control La Linea?  Was it through money?  Were the main La Linea capo's members of the cartel too?  Does the cartel control the money, the border and the cops and judges, while La Linea handles the physical dirty work of muscle and physically moving weight across the border under Cartel orders?

I realize that the cartel and La Linea are in a symbiotic relationship, I'm just confused as to the roles and just exactly how the cartel exercises it's control over La Linea

Or are they one in the same thing?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Helier Daniel Gutiérrez Quintana, cousin of "El 80" Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

I think you had that pretty much right about La Linea doing the dirty work for Juarez Cartel.

Re: Helier Daniel Gutiérrez Quintana, cousin of "El 80" Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

Tokz
I always thought that they work similarly to how Zetas and CDG worked. La Linea has gotten a lot more powerful that they now move weight for themselves, just how the Zetas started.

Re: Helier Daniel Gutiérrez Quintana, cousin of "El 80" Leader of La Linea, of Juarez Cartel, is detained in Chihuahua

MANO
It is the personal army of the General.
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.