Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Mica
Pretty good so far, enjoy!

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Cuidado
Yeah its really good actually.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Mica
I read Chapo plans on suing Netflix and Univision.
Anyone know why the name Arellano Felix was not used?

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Yeah I watched the 1st episode last night of 9.Guero Palma is there and the 3 originals from Guadalajara that started it.You can relate to lots in the series from years of reading BB,a lot comes back that you think you've forgotten.My son was amazed that I knew who all the guys were whereas I didn't in Narcos that we had watched together.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

juris
 Almost started to like the guy, then he ordered the execution of the workers who built the tunnel.  Don't know if it's true, but seems believable.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Track
Thats greasy but yeah heard thats true according to the media though so you never know.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Apparently Chapo used to kidnap whole construction crews and fly them out to the jobsite never to be heard from again!

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

juris
Having done things like that, its a wonder he managed to keep that reputation as the least worst drug lord, in terms of his violence.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Track
Well he pales in comparison to Pablo. Pablo was a phychopath chapo in my opinion was smarter

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

dcm90
lol compared to seƱor de los cielos this carillo is a wuss and a nerd. kind of disappointing that they never mentioned the gulf cartel , z or beltranes (chapo's cousins). i wonder in the next episodes are they are going to show how he tried to get in NL with los tejas? and the 2005 z vs cds war?

I just powered threw the whole season.  Its better then Narcos in my opinion.  I think they filmed it in Medellin that airport with the cardinal killing looks like the domestic airport in Medellin.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Cuidado
Yeah its all going to be in next seasons.  We know that because they go through Chapos whole life as seen in first episode when it shows him bieng fingerprinted in prison wearing blue like when he got popped in Los Mochis.  This series is amazing so far.  Why did they leave out the Arellanos name tho?  That and El Mayo is just called "Don Ismael" from Sinaloa, everyone else is named as is.  Great series, very well filmed and great acting.  The part where Clavel kills Guero Palmas kids was bone chilling.  Very sad.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

el Jesse James
This season is only like 1985 - 1993 or so. So z weren't around yet. But yea I was disappointed about no Beltran.. maybe they're still just Amado sicarios for now and ain't been introduced. Also diverged from reality in that Mayo was most definitely compas with Amado, and Amado was probably atleast using Chapo to keep Arellanos at bay in real life too.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

It was filmed in Columbia.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

LeeClaire
How accurate is the way that the Guadalajara Cartel's structure is portrayed? Seems a bit like a mafia family in that Miguel is the top boss/oversees the entire cartel, Amado is #2/underboss and running Juarez operations, and the Arellano-Felix bros, Mayo, etc. are bosses/capos of their own territories that are factions within the overall Guadalajara Cartel.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Kozmoz
Can anybody tell me who Don Sol (Humberto Busto) is supposed to portray? Surely it has to depict someone.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Siskiyou_Kid
Univision and Busto say the character is a composite of behind-the-scenes political manipulators who operated over several decades.

The Don Sol character has some similarities to Jose Cordoba Montoya and Manuel Camacho Solis.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

el Jesse James
How about the General? I was thinking Gonzales Calderoni..?

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

Siskiyou_Kid
To be honest I haven't watched all of the series, but Gutierrez Rebollo was the most famous narco general, with a character in Traffic modeled after him, and he is repeatedly named in reality in stories covering ACF.

Re: Heads Up: The Netflix El Chapo Series Released

jail scene was the worst ever it was like watching locked up abroad reruns !more police and government coruption would have made it a knockout series .a jail guard with a stick giving chapo a hard time i wonder why they called it the golden cage ?