Quantcast

Happy Memorial Day and Thank You!

Athena
I would like to wish everyone on the BB forum a Happy Memorial Day and extend a big Thank You For Your Service to all current and former military service men and women who participate in/visit the forum.

Foreign Policy (magazine) website has a slide show dedicated to U.S. troops that takes “a look at the last year in the life of the troops on the front lines, from young cadets on their graduation day to wounded veterans learning to live with disabilities.”

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/05/27/gi_joe

Re: Happy Memorial Day and Thank You!

EL Gordo

Re: Happy Memorial Day and Thank You!

Baggy
http://youtu.be/tpI94V_Gwg8

Anybody got an opinion on this video? would love to hear from the patriotic americans thnx
But don't open ya mouth less you've watched the whole thing... also wanna know if any of the mainstream media in the u.s covered this.......

@Baggy: On one hand (& as someone who has relatives that are/were in the military) I don't agree with what they did.  On the other hand as an American, I feel that as long as they keep it peaceful, they have the right to protest as they see fit - i.e. you have the right to have your voice heard, but not to destroy other people's property.

Mainstream media such as the Washington Post, Reuters, MSNBC, to name a few, did cover this.

Re: Happy Memorial Day and Thank You!

Baggy
What do you think of what BRADLEY MANNING Did?? treason/?? espionage??

ever heard the name Daniel Ellsberg?? He did something very similar to manning the only difference is manning is a homosexual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_Papers
 Yeah i know its wiki but google ellsberg and you will find all the same kind of info.. Its amazing how quick the world tends to forget history especially when its being repeated. The USG is famous for propaganda and brainwashing/indoctrination especially those in the military. I like americans i just hate the cowardly hypocritical politicians and money men who have been running the country.

Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government. And paramount among the responsibilities of a free press is the duty to prevent any part of the government from deceiving the people and sending them off to distant lands to die of foreign fevers and foreign shot and shell.
—Justice Black

And i leave you with a quote from ellsberg thats very similar to what manning said once but im too tired to find the text gtg bed

"I felt that as an American citizen, as a responsible citizen, I could no longer cooperate in concealing this information from the American public. I did this clearly at my own jeopardy and I am prepared to answer to all the consequences of this decision."
— Ellsberg on why he released the Pentagon Papers to the press