HSBC TOO BIG TO PROSECUTE PER DOJ

Kab

HSBC TOO BIG TO PROSECUTE PER DOJ

Kab
HSBC laundered million upon millions of dollars and got off scot-free

Drug cartels laundered through them, and seeing the countries who laundered through them, they did it for terrorist organizations too.

Is it better to follow the rules or cheat the system like these conglomerates?

Re: HSBC TOO BIG TO PROSECUTE PER DOJ

Bjeff
Well, I am an advocate for greater good and a bank like HSBC is not a criminal enterprise per se, but there are certain individuals within the system that must have known and probably should have been prosecuted.

But the pointing finger returns to the government and laws allowing this to happen.

Just out of interest, I gotta say that a much bigger and an increasing problem is how multinational corporations are able to transfer proceeds without paying local taxes legally. A lot of the world's governments have been sleeping when committing to international trade and tax treaties, making them unable to stop tax evasion. OECD just came out with new recommendations for member nations in a work mandate called Base Erosion and Profit Shifting, so things will probably change, but money laundering is a speck on a speck compared to international tax evasion.