Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

brazosarms
Can anyone own a gun legally in Mexico?

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

ArmChairIntellect
If your willing to drive all the way to the capital, then yes.

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

El Regio
If you happen to own one, legally or not, you are not allowed to use it. lol Those are Mexican laws for you.. not much logic behind it.

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

Bones
Legally, no. But if u walk down the street with an AK in mexico the police won't try and stop you. So its practically  legal.

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

El Regio
Bones wrote
Legally, no. But if u walk down the street with an AK in mexico the police won't try and stop you. So its practically  legal.
????? Yes they will stop you...
ZOG

ask Buela..she knows a lot about the laws concerning it

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

Bones
El_Regio wrote
Bones wrote
Legally, no. But if u walk down the street with an AK in mexico the police won't try and stop you. So its practically  legal.
????? Yes they will stop you...
I just saw a video on youtube of 50 trucks driving by with guys on top holding machine guns so I would beg to differ

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

musicwielder
I know for fact in much of Reynosa that if you do have an AK-47, AR-15, etc... nobody will stop you. As a matter of fact the way I know the CDG are 'home' (and you know they're armed) is because the police all disappear. The Reynosa police are currently unarmed, again.

As for the gun laws; I really don't know since I don't own a gun but I do believe ranchers in certain areas can have them for hunting and protecting livestock.

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

El Profe

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

El Regio
Bones wrote
El_Regio wrote
Bones wrote
Legally, no. But if u walk down the street with an AK in mexico the police won't try and stop you. So its practically  legal.
????? Yes they will stop you...
I just saw a video on youtube of 50 trucks driving by with guys on top holding machine guns so I would beg to differ
Yes but I am sure the person was referring to ordinary citizens not to members of a drug cartel who have the police on the payroll...
I can assure you the average Joe Blow cannot walk around Monterrey or Reynosa with an AK-47. Either the police get your or the Narcos get you, but you cannot walk around with one.

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

brazosarms
So what you are describing is that only the bad guys have guns.  If the police run and hide then they are either afraid or on the take.

It seems that if more of the good guys had the ability to take a stand and defend themself that would be a step in the right direction.

It seems that the government is non fucntional and can not or will not  provide the basic needs to those who are law abiding.  It seems that you need the military to take over and bring order to the situation.
ZOG

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

ZOG
REGIO  IS CORRECT ..if you tried to stroll down Madero with a gun...mebbe you would make ..mebbe you wouldn't ..i bet no..as for the 50 guys ...of course they are narcos...and the cops are either with them ..or afraid ...it is not the movies ...too bad there is not a clint eastwood to save the day ...but there is not ....and one guy would just be killed ..these guys move in numbers and are ready to shoot they don't give s fuck who they hit.....

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

brazosarms
I understand that the US is using preditors drones in Mexico to track Narco.  It sounds like the corruption is too great to make the information valuable.  It seems that the people of Mexico need to fight for freedom for the end of  corruption.  It is too bad that very few in the US understand what is going on in Mexico.

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

drattler
I am a Gringo I have hunted in Mexico for40 yrs. I take guns into Mexico every year by permit, I pay bribes I buy permits and hunting license, I am from Texas and believe that a armed public is part of the reason Texas is safe and Mexico is not. Mexico has a history of Revolution so the Govt in its wisdom has made the possesion of firearms very difficult for anybody, POLITICAL SECURITY nothing else. The protection of freedom of speech,no matter what is No.1 Then the right to own and posess guns No.2 What is so Damn hard about that?  It has worked very well in the USA for 200+ yrs. Mexico needs to join the 21st century quit blaming everybody for the Lazy assed mess that has gone on for at least 40 yrs on my watch, I know I for one look forward to such a Day that stability,safety,and a real government existed, Good Luck you have my support.
ZOG

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

ZOG
doesn't the second right preserve the first?...where do you hunt..and what ..

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

ovemex
yes....

I didn't have time to get all the info, but found this..It gives a fairly decent rundown on gun laws here.
http://rollybrook.com/guns.htm

Re: Gun Ownership in Mexico a Gringo Question

Frontera
It is legal for Mexican ranchers to own permitted guns (hunting type rifles to protect livestock from predators). It's just a matter of registering it with the Military General's office; to our knowledge ranchers are the only ones that are allowed to legally own guns.