Guero Palma

El17
What happened to this guy?  Last thing I heard he got deported back to a Mexican jail.  Is he ever going to get out?  I thought him and Chapo were close in the early 90's.

Re: Guero Palma

ToPHeR
No.

Re: Guero Palma

BucketOfWater
Guero Palma and Chapo were close friends back in the day. They both worked under Amado Carrillo (Lord of the skies), though Guero had higher rank than Chapo at that time.

Guero was the one who gave his location to authorities under Amado Carrillo orders. After the death of the cardinal in the airport, shit hit the fan and that brought a lot of heat to Amado, since Chapo was under his command.

Its unknown whether he will get out at some point; he did got a sweet deal when he got extradited; Was allow to keep all his money, around 1 Billion dollars. He was only fined $100 dollars(Not millions, just one hundred dollars bill) and 14 years, minus the 5 years he had already served in Mexico.

He was sentenced by the same judge that sentenced Javier and Benjamin Arellano; Benjamin got 25yrs plus $100 millions fine; Javier got life sentence plus $100 millions, later he cooperated and sentence reduced to 23 years with possibility of release in 14 yrs for good behavior.

Re: Guero Palma

MANO
Though no body with him. And a body found. Another body was found. More bodies are recovered!  A death is a death. Leave the bodies alone
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: Guero Palma

Huh?

Re: Guero Palma

fine and forfeiture  are two different animals.  are you sure about the money?  now I want to look up the plea agreement

Re: Guero Palma

A side note, the fascinating story of his plane crash in Nayarit (Pantanal ejido, municipality of Xalisco).

On June 22, 1995, Palma was captured by Mexican Army officers after surviving a plane crash between the states of Nayarit and Jalisco. Press information refers that agents of the PGR helped him and removed him from the crash site to move him to a place beyond the reach of his persecutors.

The soldiers of the Mexican Army who apprehended him discovered who he was when they found in the place where he was recovering from the injuries of the accident, weapons covered with gold, inlaid with diamonds and a palm tree made with emeralds.

- Translated
Already the morning of June 1995, there were not many who spoke of the fall of an airplane in the Pantanal ejido, municipality of Xalisco, in the early hours of the morning. And there was no version that Hector Luis Palma Salazar "El Güero Palma", one of the leaders of the Sinaloa Cartel, was traveling on the plane.

With the references, the signs of the place, it would be obvious the presence of authorities in the area. And so it happened: the taxi that drove this reporter was slowed down in a breach taking crops by elements of the Thirteenth Military Zone.

Verified identification as a reporter, minutes later the military command allowed to arrive to the plane, not very large, perhaps with capacity for about 14 passengers.

The location of the plane gave the impression that it said a lot: it had been about two kilometers in a straight line to the Amado Nervo airport runway. That is to say, the intention to reach the track was obvious but it could not arrive. It did not hit a hill in front, nor did it plummet. On the hill of a hill hit like a "belly" and was throwing parts everywhere. The central zone of the apparatus and towards the front was more complete. About 250 meters between the first impact and the last.

There were dozens of soldiers who formed cordons of security and federal police, agents of the Federal Public Ministry and, surely, civil servants of aeronautics.

The area could be traveled freely. About two hours later another reporter arrived at the place.

Recent information notes, regarding the release of "Güero Palma" by the United States, explain that an attempt was made to land the plane due to lack of fuel.

By noon of that June 1995, inspection was arranged inside the plane. An agent of the Federal Public Ministry provided with a tape recorder began by describing with his voice the position of the apparatus, from whose interior two bodies were removed, apparently the pilot and the co-pilot. And also firearms. A large, long-armed loader was visible.

Nothing was known then of the plane's link with Palma Salazar. Until one or two days later, photographs were published in which he is seen sitting in a chair, with injuries to his hands from the plane crash. He had been arrested in the state of Jalisco. He would be about 35 years old.

If the plane with the "Güero Palma" fell in Nayarit, coincidentally the state was again spoken of as of Wednesday night, when the Attorney General's Office (PGR) specified that, knowing that the United States would release him, a search was made to know if there were arrest warrants against him. And in Nayarit there is one, it was explained:

"Already in our country, staff of the Attorney General of the State of Nayarit, completed an arrest warrant against Palma Salazar, for his probable responsibility in two homicides that occurred in that entity."

He was transferred to the El Altiplano prison, State of Mexico.

"The arrest of Palma Salazar by the Attorney General of the State of Nayarit (...) was carried out based on the Collaboration Agreement signed within the framework of the National Conference of Attorneys for Justice and was conducted with strict adherence to law and full respect for human rights, "added the PGR.

Another interesting bit, he was etradieted on the same flight as Osiel

Re: Guero Palma

BucketOfWater
Chivis, I'm Not 100% sure since I saw it on an interview. I cant seem to find the plea agreement but I posted the video of the interview, if that helps. Please let us know if you find the plea agreement.

https://youtu.be/-1MHhm3U_wI

Re: Guero Palma

El17
Great post Mica.  I haven't seen that article.  So he got caught because his plane ran out of gas?  I thought he was hiding in a police convoy or something.  "weapons covered with gold, inlaid with diamonds and a palm tree made with emeralds. ". At least he was balling out.

Re: Guero Palma

Thanks Mica,I hadn't seen that 1 eitherEveryone looks much younger then..Another tragedy survived by Guero Palma that the 2 pilots didn't survive..For those that don't know his wife had an affair with a rival and ran off to Venezuela with his 2 kids in tow.There the rival got her to withdraw I think it was $6 million dollars from their bank account,then he killed his lover,Guero Palma's wife.He got rid of the kids by throwing them over a 1,000 ft.  bridge in the middle of the night.Apparently he had delivered by private jet Guero Palma's wife's head to his door but I think that was debunked that part.