Guanajuato Violence 2020

Uday
This post was updated on .
Guanajuato is war zone since two last year but it’s gotten worse now Cjng went all in their war against El Marro of Guanajuato.My guess is that CJNG has been watching El Marro's family for a long time. The murder of El Marro's sister proves this to us.The battle between El Mencho and El Marro is personalized.
It's bad for Guanajuato.
💥
El Marro is expected to retaliate.
Semar, Sedena, and Federal Police have mobilized. Warnings have gone out to everyone not to travel to Guanajuato. Avoid the area. There is a strong mobilization in the area.

What do you think guys?

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

El Guero
How is a random church in Fort Worth better protected than a church in Guanajauto during the wedding of Marro's sister and plaza boss?????

There on him now.  He doesn't have much longer.  He needs to think about where he's going to move if he wants stay alive.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

El17
If Marro was smart he would cut his losses,  take what he has made and leave.  Mencho is too powerful.  They control many more people, plazas, money, DTO routes (US and EU), training camps, and large ports of entry.  Marro has a gang that steals oil.  Marro also has to face the government also who is cracking down on oil theft.  There is no shame in retreat.  Going against CJNG is a long painful death.  And CJNG has shown they will go after his family.  Gather what is left and head for the hills and come back when they can find an advantage or stay away forever.

All big bosses have taken large losses.  Maybe Marro can wait until Mencho falls, CJNG breaks up into smaller factions, or becomes spread too thin.  Then Marro can launch a comeback to a weakened CJNG.

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

Parro
Marro, might not be smart, but he is muy macho!   He won't  take what he has and leave, he is on the radar.  No turning back. He's run and escaped and barely wasn't caught.  His cartel is based on a very small locality, Santa Rosa Lima.  The backstreets are numerous, sand and woods.  He know every which way to go, a black forest, but I should not know more than the Mexican Guard ??  No action, why??  Maybe, Mayo's counter against Mencho's thrust.  Mayo, hunted by the US, and now CJNF.

Lastly, Marro was primero petrol, después extortion and por ultimo drogo.  You just can't underestamate him.  CJNG might be coming after him, but they will lose a great loss of life.  What is wrong with these people??

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

Slappy
I have read in a couple places that Marro supposedly was at his sisters wedding, but recognized some of Mencho's people at the event and slipped away undetected.  Escaping before the chaos erupted.  Maybe speculative?

A lot of rumors seem to have Marro as having left the wedding just prior to Menchos men attacking.   Either way allowing this to happen is a sign that Marro is losing grip of what little turf he has left.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

Cuidado
I doubt CJNG is "hunting" Mayo.  You cant hunt what you cant see and cant get close to.  I would wager Mayo would get to Mencho before Mencho got to him.

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

They capture eight members of the CJNG Elite Group, in Irapuato; They go 13 in two days

ight alleged members of the self-appointed Elite Group of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG), were detained in a state police operation. With this capture add 13 members of that cell, captured in the state in two days.

The operation was carried out on Calle Calzada de los Chinacos, where thanks to a citizen's complaint, a CJNG shelter was discovered, with eight people being arrested.

They were assured of nine high-caliber rifles, a rifle, two long weapons, seven short weapons, a grenade launcher and 20 explosive devices.

The detainees were identified as Jesús Ernesto, 22 years old; José Roderick, 46; Joshua Israel, 21; José Michel, 28 years old; Juan Pablo, 31 years old; Roberto Martín, 22 years old; María Carmen, 50, and Luis Fernando, 20, who, together with the insured, were placed at the disposal of the corresponding authority.

It should be noted that on Friday, in an operation of the armed forces and state police, five suspected members of the Elite Group were arrested, who were assured of 5 rifles of thick caliber and a 9 mm caliber pistol, cartridges, loaders, tactical vests and bulletproof, two vehicles, 20 thousand doses of marijuana, 3 thousand doses of cocaine, a Ford Explorer truck and a Toyota RAV-4.

Among those arrested was a man from Nayarit, named José Adrián, 24 years old, alleged leader of the Elite Group.

Source:
http://www.noventagrados.com.mx/seguridad/capturan-a-ocho-miembros-del-grupo-Elite-del-cjng-en-irapuato-van-13-en-dos-dias.htm

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

Hi folks canadiana is moderating from Cuba (2 hours from Havana)Drop dead gorgeous beaches but this place is a time warp(like just getting cell phones only a couple of years ago and internet is slow like dialup and internet few and far between).A few Mexicans here but no Americans.Weird and different because there’s tourists here from all over the world ..

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

leChef
@Candadiana: Enjoy and holla out if you see don Zefe

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

LOL Is that the Cuban that tortured Kiki Camarera?

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

BBfollower
Interesting. Strange that all "the citizens" started to complain in this period. In the past 2 days they arrested 13 CJNG members, 5 in Salamanca and 8 in Irapuato. Is the government changing sides and go after CJNG? Till now I have heard of a ton of arrests against CSRL, nothing about CJNG...

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

BBfollower
Leon, Gto. In the municipality of Irapuato, eight members of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel Elite Group were arrested, who had long and short weapons, grenades, loaders, cartridges, tactical equipment, vehicles and card boards with criminal messages.

The cell was arrested by elements of the Secretary of the Navy (Semar), of the Secretariat of National Defense (Sedena), by the National Guard (GN), by the Ministry of Public Security of the State (SSPE) and the Attorney General's Office of the State (FGE).

"These subjects belong to the self-appointed elite group of a criminal organization" and are originally from Jalisco, Sinaloa, the state of Mexico and the municipalities of Silao and Irapuato, in the state of Guanajuato, the units detailed in a joint statement.

Derived from a citizen complaint, it was possible to arrest the eight alleged criminals, in a house located on the roadway of the Chinacos, of the Ferrocarriles colony in Irapuato.

The dependencies indicated that the group leader, the former agent of the Federal Investigation Agency (AFI) and ex military officer, 46-year-old José  from Jalisco was arrested.

The former municipal police of Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos, Jalisco, Juan, 31, was also arrested; Jesus, 22, of Silao; Luis, 20, of Mazatlan; Joshua 21 years old, from Mazatlan; José, 28, of Naucalpan, state of Mexico; Ma. Carmen, 50 years old, from Irapuato and Roberto, 22 years old, from Mazatlán, Sinaloa.

The members of the CJNG had 10 long weapons, eight short weapons, hundreds of cartridges, grenades, loaders, six gray pixelated uniforms with black, drugs, telephones, cards and tactical equipment.

https://www.jornada.com.mx/ultimas/estados/2020/01/19/detienen-en-irapuato-a-ocho-integrantes-del-cjng-3539.html

More in debt article from La Jornada. A lot of Sinaloans between the detainees...There was one in Salamanca also.

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

Frank
Sad really, family members gunned down for the sins of the brother. Marro must be receiving some sort of support from background players or he would have been squashed already. Still waiting on the bloodthirsty halfwits to ‘get lined up’ as mayo stated in his manta. Is there any going back to the days of relative peace as the leaders with skill in diplomacy do their thing in the shadows? I doubt it, but one can hope. In the real world this seems far fetched with things being as they are right now, but one can hope. Where’s the follow through with Mayos directive?

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

And this time they are arresting people from both sides...

They Stop Cell in Laja-Bajío area

Guanajuato State Prosecutor announced that in the last five days three criminal cells that operated in the Laja Bajío area of ​​the state were dismantled, as well as the arrest of 24 people as a result of the operations implemented, which are presumed could be related to homicides registered in Guanajuato.

At a press conference, the state prosecutor Carlos Zamarripa stressed that the 24 people detained are presumed to be part of two different criminal groups and are preliminary related to at least 17 events and several crimes including illegal deprivation of liberty, homicide, attempted homicide and extortion.

The 24 detainees have a criminal record, and not all of them are from Guanajuato, but there are people from Jalisco, Sinaloa and Guerrero. The arrests of these subjects, occurred on two days last week in three different events, a first arrest of five people recorded last Tuesday, while on Friday the apprehension of 19 more people in two events was reported, one in Irapuato with eight detainees and the same day but in Juventino Rosas the apprehension of 11 more subjects was recorded. Total result of the confiscated was secured a total of 37 firearms of thick caliber and short caliber, more than 1, 132 useful cartridges of various calibers, 109 loaders, 28 explosive grenades, as well as grenade launchers, 09 motor vehicles, 23 telephony and radio communication equipment, more than 23 thousand doses of drugs and tactical equipment, including 25 bullet-proof vests, uniforms and ballistic helmets. As well as various cards with allusive messages from the criminal group to which they belonged.

Source:
https://www.milenio.com/policia/desarticulan-celulas-delictivas-zona-laja-bajio-detienen-24-5

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

Itzli
For 12 years now I've followed narco news in Mexico and have done extensive research, particularly in areas that I am personally familiar with. I'm no where near an expert or someone who's opinion is inherently right but I constantly try to reassess my views so I avoid falling into the trap of looking at things through a narrow or internally biased view.

I first posted about "El Marro" in June 2017, months before the video threatening CJNG brought him to the spotlight and, ever since, have tried to read any bit of information out there about the Cartel del Santa Rosa de Lima. Here are some of my thoughts on the topic for what it's worth:

"El Marro" is going no where. It seems simple enough to say he should cut his losses and leave. But where would he go? In a sense he's been AMLO's #1 target, so there is no where in Mexico that he would inherently avoid arrest and/or cartel retribution. So I completely agree with what Parro said, he's spot on with his assessment.

Over the years my view of cartel wars has changed drastically. It is now my belief that is nearly impossible for Cartel A to take over another Cartel B's territory UNLESS a cell of Cartel B defects and joins Cartel A and/or government forces, be they local, state, or national, heavily target Cartel B. I'm sure many will read this and think I'm wrong, but truly slow down, think of all the examples of cartels taking over territory with the help of a splinter group and/or the government, then try to come up with any examples of a cartel taking over an area completely by themselves.

CJNG are outsiders in Guanajuato. It's almost been three years now and they can only claim control of Leon and possibly Irapuato. Time after time they've pushed into the Salamanca-Celaya corridor, make a bunch of noise, then fall back only to try again. Why? Because it's so difficult to take out a cartel on their home turf. Where do you even begin to learn where he's even located?

But what are we to make of the killing of "El Marro's" sister? From all the information I've seen, the municipality of Celaya is his stronghold more than anywhere else. It is to him what Culiacan is to "El Chapo's" family and Santa Rosa del Lima is his Badiraguato. So I struggle with the wedding killing. To many it seems like a sign of weakness, but to me my gut tells me he got sloppy being too comfortable on his home turf. If you know where to look lower level cartel members in CSRDL (along with numerous other cartels, be it CDN, CDG, etc) post information on Facebook and Twitter. All it would take is someone running their mouth too much online about the wedding for it to lead to a CJNG attack. Or maybe I'm looking at things wrong.

Regardless, I'm running out of time to continue too much more for now, but there's the whole topic of "El Marro's" wife/girlfriend being arrested in the small town of San Miguel Octopan. I don't think anyone's caught the other half of the story that was on my radar over a week ago, the other government operation on the other side of town that resulted in the arrest of two Columbians...

I think there's a lot more to all this than we know at the time being.

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

leChef
Itzli: Good to have you back. Where have you been? We have been missing you. Do you still follow CDG too? You had some excellent analysis back in the days, of which I would like to hear more of.

And you are probably on point with Marro too...
Kab

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

Kab
Want to do a bit if local first hand reporting of the town we came from in Guanajuato, Valle de Santiago.

My family spent little over 5 weeks vacationing like they do every year.  I personally don't go because of personal reasons (shit hole country, why put my life in danger). He says that Marro's gang started "cobrando piso" to the local businesses.  Agriculture is big around there, all that fertile volcanic soil is perfect for growing.

Recently, my brother got a call from his girlfriend/future wife saying that the main leader in Valle de Santiago from Marro's group got his head chopped off and put on display.  He said that things are peaceful now in our town.

Funny, I always hear a lot of bad stuff about CJNG, but I gotta give them props for stopping this uneducated indio from further wrecking my home state.  I'm strongly against cartels, but thank you CJNG for cleaning house.

Kab......Let's revisit this in a year and see if you're still wanting to thank Mencho for cleaning shop.....
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Guanajuato Violence 2020

redlogarythm
El Marro has been figthing CJNG, one of the most powerful criminal organisations worldwide, for nearly 3 years. His organisations, the Santa Rosa de Lima cartel is a regional organisation based only in the state of Guanajuato. If CJNG hasn´t been able to catch Marro it´s because someone in the Government protects him. Maybe his organisation is being used to fight CJNG in order to force it to deploy men and resources constantly, thus diminishing its resources in other zones. It has been done before. The Mexican Government of Peña Nieto backed during its last years the CJNG in its war against the Sinaloa Cartel, for example.
Marro is alive because someone needs him alive in order to constantly fight CJNG
12