Goodbye BB

Forum peeps are the first to know...
I will be leaving BB on November 16th.
I have tried to get a good team of people together so I could at least hang on in the shadows, but failed.

Buggs project works best it a team works together, 3-4 people writing, 2 dedicated admins and 1 on forum.  That shared responsibility works best.  When Buggs-Gerardo-Ovemex-Smurf worked it, it was the best, there were 3 mods and no one had to carry the load alone.

Buggs began alone, the Ove ended up carrying the load, and I pretty much have for a long while.  If not for Vato, DD and Pepe (giving me info behind the scenes) then I would have quit months ago.

We are coming up on 6000 MB posts.

We are respected and followed by every US investigative agency=DEA-CIA-FBI-Homeland Security and are one of two "narco" blogs followed by the white house.

I am proud of my association with BB.  Buggs began the project because of his love of Mexico and realizing what was occurring in Mexico, having  the desire to help in some  way ...resulting in the project mission of bringing the organized crime news of Mexico to the English speaking world.

I think it is safe to say, that is why we all came on board.  It is not easy.  Giving of oneself interferes with life, but I am fortunate, my family has always been supportive of my choices.

I will have an exit post on MB, and have not decided if or if not to reveal myself as in fotos.  Still deciding because I have not closed my Coahuila offices and won't until first week of January.

anyway.

I thank you guys so much for all you have done for BB, you can't know how you helped me by searching and posting stories that I was then able to use.  I LOVE that!!!....Pepe, Kid,Mano,  Itzli, Plata, Adam,

AND (Forgive me if I left anyone out I will have another list on MB)

Ajulio
Tex
computer
Nuttz
Feyman
Sancho
Moose
Pinche
Lala
Elcien
Baja
Watacher
SRG
Spaceio (the new and improved version jajajaja)
Chco
Baggy
Topher
Havana
ACI
DeeLucky
Cuatro
JLopez
Malo
Pariente
P@RR
Windy City Kid
Durnago
Canadiana
Misael

Love you guys.....
Paz

Re: Goodbye BB

Siskiyou_Kid
Oh no. This really is the end of an era.

We will miss you.

Re: Goodbye BB

BERTY
Chivis I for one will be gutted to see you go n I'm sure I speak for everyone else on the forum n blog devestated but all the best wishes for you and your future x
The more I see the less I understand

Re: Goodbye BB

slayer421
Wow...this is heavy!!! Best of luck chivis you'll be missed

Re: Goodbye BB

El"H"
I wouldnt post you're picture.

Terrible you're leaving though but understandable, wats going to happen to BB now though?

Re: Goodbye BB

Lala
Aww you will be very missed Chivis, you have done an awesome job, but it must have been a huge load for you, perfectly understable that it had to come to an end. Take care brave woman. And if you ever come down to Oaxaca drop me a line :). HUGS!

Re: Goodbye BB

Don't go! But, you have to do what you think is most beneficial for you, and you can't carry it alone, the rest of us have to get it together.  Thanks for everything, we have been online 4 years together, since arguing about Nacho Coronoel in July 2010 on MB, back with Ardent, and everyone else.

Re: Goodbye BB

I will write when I stop crying.

Re: Goodbye BB

spike151
Vayas con dios Buela , regresas a veces y decir Hola.

Besitos

Spike

Re: Goodbye BB

Feynman
  Dear Chivis,
You've inspired a community of people who care about a cause, to care more about that cause, and the world really needs those few people like you who can do that well :)
You've inspired readers to scrutinize and question the status quo, to stay committed to striving for justice for the good people of Mexico, and above all, to sacrifice endless hours of your time for the benefit of others.
From what I know of you on the BB forum, I've never known anyone like you, and I'll always keep your energetic selflessness as a lofty standard to aspire to in my own life :)
While we'd all do anything to keep you around, let's not forget two things: 1) You've done more than enough work to earn down time from BB, and 2) Even if your time with BB is over, your time on the Earth as Chivis is far from over. Your leaving means you'll find something even better suited to you that may benefit humanity even more! While I selfishly want you to stay and keep posting, whatever cause you champion next deserves you even more.
Best of luck on your next Chivian adventure!

Feynman

Re: Goodbye BB

pilot
We┬┤ll miss you, I hope that you come back
SRG

Re: Goodbye BB

SRG
Goodbye Chivis you will be missed :(

Re: Goodbye BB

So sad to hear this!

Re: Goodbye BB

Nutcase
Say it isn't soooooooo!  I wouldn't posted pics until your offices are closed, just my opinion. Ive been on this site long enough to see Chivis pic before.  She is one hot momma! You will be truly missed :(
AJ

Re: Goodbye BB

AJ

First of all, I hope that Chivis' health is good. I hope that she isn't leaving us permanently and that she is at least staying as a BB member and we will still get to read her comments. Cuz it will not be the same without her. I havn't been commenting lately but I still get on and always look forward to reading about the drug war in English.

Second, If Chivis leaves as administrator, I don't think that Buggs will want to carry the heavy load by himself. Chivis is right, it is very time consuming to run a blogsite like BB.

The easiest way for Borderland Beat to continue, is if members of the Forum become writers for the Main Board. You guys are already consistently posting many articles here on the Forum, why not just transfer your stories on to Main Board?

Buggs, DD, Siskiyou, Tijuano make a great team but still, Chivis has become the force that has kept this blogsite going for quite some time.

I hope that Chivis and Buggs gives us more information on what exactly is happening here. The only reason why I stopped posting is because I am a bad translator.
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Goodbye BB

AJ

CHIVIS FOREVER
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Goodbye BB

La Flama Blanca
I just started posting, but I've been reading for about 2 years.  This is really sad :(

Chivis you will forever be a legend.  You have changed the world.

Re: Goodbye BB

midnightrun108
I have been a lurker here for over two years and commented a couple of times. You know it amazes me that so few people in the United States know anything at all about what has been happening in Mexico for the last several years. All we hear about on the news is the hot mess that is the middle east of the world. But what about Mexico. This blog is one of the few places that gives a voice to what is going on in Mexico.  It is so important for Mexico and the world to know what is happening there, the word has to get out and you have been a very important part of getting that word out to the world.  Thank you....

I thank you so much for all of your hard work and I wish you the very best and hope you are well. Thank you.....

Re: Goodbye BB

jlopez
Sra Chivis: This breaks my heart, but you have to do what's best for you. You are totally irreplaceable, as a person, a writer, analyst and force of nature, so I hope you will visit and set us straight when you see that our ignorance is winning over our common sense. This is not good-bye, pero nos vemos al rato.

Re: Goodbye BB

Friendlygirl
I will miss seeing you here Chivis. I moved away from the RGV  last year and life happens... I admire your dedication, to BB.  I remember  writing back and forth back in '10-11 on the main page comments; this was after my cousin was taken and I was trying to figure out what was happening in Mexico.  Thank you for your insights and for letting me help whenever I could.   Thanks for refereeing, and and being the voice of reason most of the time.  Take care of your health and  family.  Gracias Amiga.
1234