Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

Chivis had her surgery this morning at 6AM.  I think she wanted to do this quietly and not worry everyone.  Here is her email;

"Out of recovery room. Went well doc said but lost 620 cc. Blood. Lungs held up pretty well but still getting oxygen as the level keeps to dangerous levels. Pain not so bad but then again I am drugged up. :)

I will know more next week but doc says he was very happy with the results, he was very aggressive

More later or tomorrow "

She needs her rest right now, but I am sure she will give all of you a report as soon as she is up to it.

**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

I did well in the surgery, and am stronger than after any of the other 15 I have gone though in the past three plus years. Though I lost 620cc blood during the 3 hour surgery, I am not bleeding much at all.  My lungs set off the alarms more than a couple times but was not enough, I should say any where near having to be a Code Blue and no ventilator  as last time.  I left ICU to reg floor last night.

I felt no pain yesterday but this AM feel like my head is going to explode.

  I will have another little procedure this AM but I think tonight or tomorrow I can leave.

I have to share:
Whatever they gave me pre-op put me in a state of great happiness, confidence and 'killed any judgment filter I may normally have.

When the anesthesiologist asked me what I could tolerate for pain post op I looked him straight in the eye and  said "I am thinking of trying medical marijuana" I swear to you he actually dropped his jaw a little. Jajaja how damn embarrassing.  We settled on percocet.  It caused a big round of laughter later from docs and nurses who know me and had great joy humiliating me.

I will be allowed to trek later to the computer room.  It's too far from my room and I need an escort at the moment.

Abrazos,

AJ

Re: Good News From Chivis

AJ

God Speed Chivis!
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Good News From Chivis

pilot
Get well soon and rest a lot!

Re: Good News From Chivis

some of you guys will get a kick out of this.  she also said;

"I can't believe this but in my drugged state I told my doc I was considering using medical mota for times I have big pain..I said "it's natural, I don't like rx pain meds.

How embarrassing... The recovery room broke in laughter ."

Re: Good News From Chivis

choco
Thx DD.  Was waiting for an update since she posted about the surgery in a main board comment Monday night.

Sounds like things are going as well as can be expected... get lots of rest Chivis. We are thinking of you... ;)

Re: Good News From Chivis

Tamaulipeco Mexikano
Damn I would be cool smoke a joint with Chivis and have a good conversacion.On Topic hope you get well soon Chivis peace !!!
Estos son de Guerra, Aquellos nada mas son administrativos!

Re: Good News From Chivis

elcienporcien

Re: Good News From Chivis

TexcocoDeMora
Is funny how you bitch about the video I posted. Yesterday you wrote "BB IS FOR NARCO RELATED ARTICLES AND MEXICAN VIOLENCE" (No disrespect to Buela, I wish her well) but how is this Narco Related??? I believe we all know were to contact Buela.

Can someone please give me the definition of biĀ·ased.

You preach but you don't follow the rules.
http://narcconoticias.blogspot.com/

Re: Good News From Chivis

Sleep
Get well soon, Chivis!
O te alineas o te mueres.

Re: Good News From Chivis

SHNL
Dios te acompan~e Chivis!

Re: Good News From Chivis

Tex.
First of all, it is good to know your attitude towards BB- that it is "funny" when it is pointed out that you don't follow the rules.

Second, if you want to criticize me, at least quote me correctly.  You said that I said ""BB IS FOR NARCO RELATED ARTICLES AND MEXICAN VIOLENCE" .  I said no such thing.  What I said was ;

"the header on the Borderland Beat reads "Reporting on the Mexican Cartel Drug War".   We allow a lot more latitude on the Forum than is allowed on the front page.  We allow exceptions at times when there is a unrelated  big story, but my general rule is that it should have some connection to Mexico.  But "a crazy video" about Iraq doesn't qualify as big story or have any connection to Mexico."

You can take your pick of the 2 ways that the 2 stories that posted about Chivis facing a potential life threatening medical situation fits in my above criteria as to what is appropriate for BB Forum.

It is an unrelated "big story" because Chivis is probably the most respected and loved person on BB and has done more than anyone, except Buggs, to make it a respected source for Mexican news.

Or you could classify it as story with some connection to Mexico.  Chivis has certainly done a lot to inform people all over the world what is happening in Mexico related to cartels and violence.  But also her work for the poor, for education, for migrants, for the victims of violence, and especially for the medically needy children of Mexico.  I would say those are sufficient "connections" to Mexico to fit in my interpretation of the rules.

If you cannot comprehend why a story on Chivis is appropriate and why a "crazy video" on Iraq is not, I don't think all the explanations in the world could make you understand.

Finally, in Buggs own words, from the Policy page of BB.

we will most likely delete comments that are off topic,

We reserve the right to pre-moderate comments and delete or edit anything we deem necessary without cause or reason, other than the decision of Borderland Beat staff.

We know, some will decry about freedom of speech, but know that anyone can always create their own blog and post untill heart content, just not here!

Live with it, we are not going to change the rules for your benefit.

Re: Good News From Chivis

theboss
Re: Tex

I don't have her e-mail, nor was I aware she was going through a tough surgery.

I'm glad they posted this here. It's narco-related because she's writes some of the best narco-related news stories I've had the pleasure of reading.

Think about what's important here.

Re: Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

brige
Delighted to hear Chivis is doing well post surgery. I do hope Chivis finds time to rest. Warm regards.

Re: Good News From Chivis

choco
@Tex... I really enjoy some of your posts and a lot of your insights here on BB....  But how can you possibly think this thread is not relevant?

This is the mission of the BB website, per the masthead:
"Reporting on the Mexican Cartel Drug War"....

Chivis is the main (and may I say one of the best, and certainly one of the most dedicated) REPORTERS on BB.... without reporters like Chivis, there would be no BB.  How is that for relevance?

Now, let's return this thread to what it was intended to be... not irrational grousing, but celebrting with Chivis the really GREAT NEWS about her surgery outcome.... which will certainly benefit BB.

Go Chivis!!!

Re: Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

Pinchegringo
Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Re: Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

Dicklick1

Re: Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

Chimera
.
.
Ms. Chivis, I'm so glad to know your surgery is over    and you came through fantastically.

Here is something for your pain:

Cuz you know you want it!!!
..
.
.

Re: Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

Dicklick1

Re: Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

Just received an email from Chivis a little after midnight.  Most of it is directed to Texcoco and his comment posted at 9:21AM yesterday;

It opens with me; "you can post as much of this as you want! I am very upset."

(DD.  Tex I did not include her comments about you that might be construed as personal attacks and therefor in violation of BB policy)

The email continues;

Buggs thought chivis' story worthy enough to post on front page, did you complain to him?

how can he post that comment and ruin the tone of something created from respect and love?   I never expected him to ever do such a thing.

 Please tell him I do take offense and just now before sleep read the comments for first time and he ruined the moment for me.  .

Tex,
Pick your battles, you constantly nag about small things and your timing sucks. And you bait DD and me often.  Are you happy?  Did your little tantrum make you feel satisfied?  Because it made me sad. If you don't like BB or our decisions....LEAVE.  And you won't have to deal with it.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Re: Good News From Chivis**UPDATE** 11/6 EMAIL FROM CHIVIS

choco
@Chivis    I too was absolutely shocked when I read Texcoco's post in this thread!  It was all I could do to contain my reply to him and be civil... I did that so as not to derail this celebratory thread, as his recent equally disrespectful and insensitive posts had done in two other threads where people were really hurting.

The only possible explanation for his extremely hurtful post here, given how well he knows and respects you, is that the guy has big issues of some sort, and he was clearly lashing out at DD at your expense... really unbelievable. I hope he apologizes to you... if not here, in private.

But mostly I want to say that you are much stronger than any little person who would say things like this... please breath deep, meditate on being surrounded by healing white light and let this nasty post/person go. Do over and over till the anger is gone. Also visualize complete healing inside your body... Our bodies heal much better without stressful thoughts, as I'm sure you know.

Feel the love that the BB community and beyond has shared with you... it is so much bigger than a hateful comment from one person.  So pls don't let one really bad apple spoil the love we all have for you.  Go back and read the comments from 2 weeks ago when your surgery was postponed.... keep those thoughts in your mind and heart.
12