Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

tonebowski
Sorry to drag up old happenings in Mexico but I feel like I didn't get the whole story on this one. The media says that a convoy of Zetas were ambushed and wiped out by Sinaloa gunmen but I've heard rumblings of elements from the Beltran Leyva cartel being the ones who wiped out Sinaloa gunmen. Does anyone know what really happened? If these were Zetas, they were geared up for a raid or like the below article says, protecting a shipment of some sort. I still don't get how these guys can travel in convoys like this and not be fried on the spot. If this was taking place in the U.S., we would be paying for a lot of hellfire missiles from all of the predator drones raining fire down on these convoys. It seems like a cost effective way to take out chunks of gunmen at a time....kind of a no brainer. Rural areas, sparsely populated, minimal collateral damage....perfect place to make an impact. We take out two haji's planting a roadside bomb in Afghanistan all the time....you'd think we could make some hay with 20+ vehicle convoys of SUV's in Mexico. Guess this was a double question post.

http://www.americanconservativedaily.com/2011/06/protective-intelligence-lessons-from-an-ambush-in-mexico/

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

El Regio
They are able to travel in convoys because the authorities are corrupt and paid off. They are warned prior to them coming so they can move their patrols to other parts of the city that is far from their route.

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

RobCore101
tonebowski - That's a hell of a link you attached there. Very good article about that incident. I was curious myself what the details were behind that ambush. 'Preciate the info!

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

Bones
Great link tone! I was so curious about that ambush. 29 bodies to find is a lot after a shootout. Even the recent "130 car caravan" zeta vs gulf shootout didn't have that many bodies. I so badly wanted to hear more info on that shootout and it dropped from the radar until ur post so thanks again! One last thing, are we absolutely sure the dead guys were zetas? The word on the boards were that the dead were chapos. But that link seemed pretty well informed so guess they r dead zetas yay! chalk one up for the bad guys lol

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

El Profe

No sweat. The inclusion of Guatemalans would lead me to believe they are Zetas since they have been known to employ them. Then again, that ambush reminds me of the one from Tubutama when Sinaloan's were wiped out. Camo was different on the Sinaloans corpses from that incident though. More of desert type camo http://thenarcostate.blogspot.com/2010/12/21-deaths-in-tubutama-sonora-mexico.html , also similar to the captured Sinaloan gunmen from the execution of the prosecutors brother http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/01/pgr-released-suspected-killers-of.html . I know it doesn't mean much but the dead gunmen in Nayarit had camo that was distinctly different http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/05/nayarit-state-attorney-generals-office.html .

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

Bones
Tone u seem very knowledgeable and I look forward to more posts from u in the future.

And profe u & I are on the same page. In fact I have no problem saying that in the battle between CDG & Zetas I would rather see CDG emerge victorious. If that makes me a cheerleader than pass me the pom poms! "2 4 6 8 who do we appreciate! Gooooo golfo!" Lol ok I wouldn't go that far

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

Capjim

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

Murcielago

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

El Regio
Murcielago wrote
@Bones:   Thats exactly what ive been trying to get thru to the Coahuila Crypt Keeper.   I was reading on mundonarco and theres a story where they arrested 6 zetas in reynosa for kidnapping from bus station.  EVERYONE here was bashing the Golfo because they were the supposed kidnappers.   You didnt hear anyone else say, opps we made a mistake.   Point being, all cartels are bad in a sense as they all spread their poison, but there are some WAYYYYYYYYY worse.   Thats my point.   Ill cheer for the less evil.   The CDG has been around for 30 years.  You didnt hear of all the voilence along the frontera before the zetas started their crap.   Point being, cartels are here to stay and wed all like to see it as it was 10 years ago.
Is "Point being" your favorite word?

Zetas were part of Las Golfas retard! Did you happen to miss the war between Golfas and Chapos? They had to send in the Zetas to take care of it because Las Golfas couldn't handle it. lol... fucking pathetic they all do the same shit, some just hide it better than others or have more solid connections that allow them to work in peace.

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

tonebowski
Quit hijacking this thread. Go fight in two or three of the others that you guys are battling in.

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

El Regio
Everything was good until the troll squad showed up.

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

curioso
As always......the all knowing Regio is completely innocent.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

El Regio
You are more than welcome to read my post on this topic, starting at the top and you tell me!

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

Havana
You've really gathered  some comprehensive linkage and research here. A joy to follow and analyze.  Good work.

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

tonebowski
Thanks, just googling stuff. Looks like the Zetas captured and killed the other day at the camp also wear the same kind of camo that the Nayarit gunmen were wearing. That marine style and the random jungle camo. Probably were Zetas.

Zetas from the training camp

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/06/another-zeta-training-camp-six-sicarios.html

Nayarit gunmen

Ya my favorite word in the English language is "point being" good one

You really are obsessed with me, aren't you mija?

Re: Going back a bit...Ambush in Nayarit

Bones
Have you changed your name twice today regio?
12