Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

The attorney general's office of Mexico state, adjoining Mexico City, said the suspect, Oscar Osvaldo Garcia Montoya, was detained early on Thursday.

He allegedly admitted to personally taking part in 300 killings and ordering another 600 by members of his organisation, Alfredo Castillo, attorney general of Mexico state, told a news conference.

Garcia Montoya, who led a group nicknamed "The hand with eyes," was a former soldier and had trained with the Kaibiles special operations force of Guatemala's army, authorities said.

He allegedly had links with gangs including the Beltran Leyva cartel and that of drug kingpin Edgar Valdez Villarreal, known as "La Barbie," who was detained in August 2010.

During the operation to arrest him, police mistakenly burst into civilian homes south of Mexico City.
Officers brutally raided the house of a renowned poet by mistake, as well as two others nearby.

Mexican poet Efrain Bartolome and his wife Guadalupe Belmontes, a writer, complained that their house was targeted in the violent raid that netted Garcia Montoya.

"They threatened us, they threw us to the ground, they gave a slap in the head to my husband and shouted 'Where are the weapons?' before leaving, with no explanation," Mr Belmontes told AFP.

Mr Castillo later apologised to the family and admitted that "some errors" had been made during the operation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrD5GYAB4-U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygGe4GaWeLw

Re: Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

Havana
Hey Buela: Why would any apprehended criminal ever admit to anything, much less 'fessing up to taking part in 300 and ordering another 600 killings, unless he is being beat senseless, stupid as all get out and is posturing like he's impressing everyone? Can't help but notice,  he has just the type of face that is begging to be slapped (in my book).

Re: Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

El Regio
forget the slapping, they should have executed him on the spot. This animal can be back on the loose again any day. He can be bailed out or he can "escape", there is no need for a trial.

Re: Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

I have no clue, but they all do it.

it's one of those mysteries of life...you know...where do elephants go to die and why do Mx bad guys spill their guts when apprehended.

  Maybe they think it works like a confessional; tell the man all about it, say a few " Hail Marys" then poof, complete absolution and one day you get to be with Jesus after all.

Re: Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

JaliscoCA
I wonder how he get that nickname.. His nickname is pretty creepy

Re: Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

JaliscoCA
I wonder how he got that nickname.. His nickname is pretty creepy

Re: Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

Afriendlygirl
This post was updated on .

It's a Mexican puppet, called "El Compayito."  Apparently he’s been on Mexican TV for many years. I think I read in the B.B. article that this criminal  was nicknamed Compayito.  So, voila, Comapayito = hand puppet =The hand with eyes, la mano con ojos?  Yes, kinda creepy sense of humor.
"Cuanto narcotraficante, policias y pistoleros, hoy los cobija la tierra, adentro de un agujero, de nada sirvieron armas, de nada valio el dinero." -- Tigres del Norte

Re: Garcia Montoya "Mano con Ojos" arrested -admits to 900 killings

el Spaceio
man i was really rooting for this guy i liked him i remember he would leave messages about people better not kill innocent people or extort in his plaza because the hand has eyes everywhere.

i think they spill the beans when they get caught because they scared the Army is gonna beat the bejesus out of them.
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!