Gang member might be key in Iguala case

Chimera

Gang member might be key in Iguala case

Police arrest Guerreros Unidos hitman in Taxco

Mexico News Daily | Thursday, September 17, 2015

There has been another development in the Iguala-Ayotzinapa case with the arrest of a gang leader believed to have played a key role in the disappearance of the 43 students the night of September 26.

The capture of Gildardo “El Gil” López Astudillo in the city of Taxco follows the identification of another student* among the ashes and remains discovered by investigators at the Cocula garbage dump and a nearby river.

López Astudillo has been identified as the Guerreros Unidos lieutenant who sent text messages to the gang’s leader on the night of September 26, and identified the Ayotzinapa students as members of a rival crime gang.

He advised Sidronio Casarrubias Salgado, who was arrested last October, of the conflict that was taking place in Iguala, allegedly believing that it was members of Los Rojos who were involved, and not students from the Ayotzinapa teacher training college.

Federal investigators concluded that the execution of the students was ordered based on that information due to ongoing territorial battles between the two gangs.

The students had traveled to Iguala that evening to raise money to carry on their protests against education reform, and had commandeered several buses to carry them to Mexico City. One of those buses forms the basis of another theory about the events of that night.

Investigators looking into the case and working on behalf of the Inter-American Human Rights Commission suggested in a report earlier this month that one bus may have been carrying a load of heroin destined for the United States.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration believes the Guerreros Unidos used passenger buses to move the drug, hidden in secret compartments, from Guerrero to Chicago.

The presence of the drug on one of the commandeered buses might have been a reason for local authorities, working hand in hand with the drug gang, to apprehend the buses.

Source: Milenio (sp)

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/gang-member-might-be-key-in-iguala-case/?utm_source=Mexico+News+Daily&utm_campaign=f41cd72687-September+17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1536a3787-f41cd72687-347991017

* "the identification of another student" as reported on forum by LadyDragon on 09/16/15 here and on mainboard by Lucio R. on 09/17/15 here

Re: Gang member might be key in Iguala case

Mako
Another Aburto.

Re: Gang member might be key in Iguala case

This is not even the full story.  I see you have lucio's link but.. in case readers don't see it,  he  posted a great overview.  he said he saw the arrest and remembered the manta at the Iguala batallion from a year ago.  I am not sure if he or anyone posted the story at the time, but his brother told him about the bizarre manta.

What happened is, a couple weeks after Guerreros Unidos commander Casarrubias Salgado was arrested, El Gil discovered casarrubias had rated him out.

so El Gil was attributed to hanging the manta that named names of mayors, army (27th bat)  etcthat are in bed with g.u.  and offered to turn himself in and "talk" if the government would shut down g.u. by arresting at least 80% of key g.u. Members.

he named cities to ck for bodies as there are countless fosas in those cities.

he also named Federico Figueroa as one of the founders of GU.  which people have said since the iguala case came to light.  they blamed him as being culpable, and recently, ed oak's posts of the human rights reports (the scientists) supported the 5th bus theory and supposedly frederico was the one who ordered the attack because of the drugs on the bus.

Re: Gang member might be key in Iguala case

Ed-Oak

Re: Gang member might be key in Iguala case

bolio
Thank you for the link,,,,,

The only way the situation is going to improve is the legalization of drugs.  Drugs are dangerous and addictive but they provide the most horrible people with seemingly endless access to funds.  Money equals power and it always will.  In my opinion, the American cosa nostra became so powerful solely because of prohibition.  Before they were street thugs and bookies.

Unfortunately, there are always gong to be a demand for drugs.  The constitutional argument of whether the US has a right to decide whether or not someone has the right to experience a different state of consciousness aside, we are fighting an unwinnable war.  The more we fight, the harder the drugs are to get in which drives up the price.  The higher the price, the more crimes need to be committed to support ones habit.  If a gram of coke was $5 (which would probably be at least $3 in taxes) someone could afford said and not have to commit more crimes.

My grandmother went into the hospital and I watched her have hallucination's due  to alcohol withdrawl.  She was hallucinating, seeing spiders and what not.  My point being that who is to say alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana?

We are fighting an unwinnable war and putting incredible amounts of money into the hands of criminals.  I hate to quit, not to go down punching so to speak, put our current policy is not working and never will.

Supply v Demand.  Further, if we taxed them we could virtually eliminate our national debt.  I understand that quite a bit of people are employed in combatting drugs and this does pose a problem.  Just an idea, but why not put them to work fixing the crumbling infrastructure in the US.

I know I am going to piss some people off and I am against drugs.  However, at some point, we need to accept defeat and modify our policies.   Killing people with chainsaws, murdering for nothing, it needs to stop.

Sorry for my soliloquy but I do believe that the only way to battle the cartels is to take away their money.  The only way to do this is to legalize drugs.  I want a better life for my kids..

Re: Gang member might be key in Iguala case

Ed,

Lucio saw your comment and texted me to look at it.

this is what he and I surmised because we felt the manta was genuine and el gil wanted to spill the beans.

what made it different is the details in manta.  key figures both in Org Crime and and those in bed with them as well as the cities to look for the fosas.

He got scared after cassarubias salgado gave up his name as the guy who was the leader in charge of the kidnapping and killing.  it was 2 days after the news hit the media about el gil that el gil hung the manta.

he offered to give himself up.  I thought he should have hired an attorney and made a deal after going to the press with what he knows.  I mean then.  not now.

But you will have to dumb it down for me about his reply about where they were burned, what does

"BECAUSE THERE ISN'T ENOUGH CLARITY TO CONFIRM THE PGR'S VERSION?"  you highlighted it in bold but what does that mean????  "enough clarity?  what is that?

his downfall was wanting to see his daughter.