Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

Parro

It has taken just over a week for Mexico – one of the most dangerous countries in the world for journalists – to record its first murder of a reporter in 2020.

The bullet-riddled corpse of radio presenter Fidel Ávila Gómez was found on Wednesday near a rubbish dump in the notorious Tierra Caliente region, Mexico’s heroin-producing heartlands.

Ávila, who was reportedly in his mid-40s, had disappeared over a month earlier.

The El Universal newspaper said he was the seventh journalist to be murdered in Michoacán state since 2006. Another six have gone missing, joining the ranks of an estimated 62,000 desaparecidos.

Locals remembered Ávila as a “kind, respectful and hardworking” reporter. There was no immediate explanation for his killing.

Recent years have seen Mexico become one of the most perilous places on earth to be a reporter.

Last month the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) said Mexico had suffered the second highest number of killings in 2019 after war-torn Syria. Of the 11 Mexican journalists killed, at least five were targeted in reprisal for their reporting, the CPJ said.

Mexico’s human rights chief draws fury for asking if journalists have been killed

The slaughter of Mexican journalists is part of a broader security crisis that represents one of the greatest challenges to the leftist president, Andrés Manuel López Obrador.

COMMENT:  WHO CONTROLS THE MEDIA, CONTROLS THE STORY

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

source?

.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

What are you referring to Patole? lLike in what way? it’s good to get differing opinions ( that’s my main pet peeve about  mainstream media news not showing both sides to a story).Differing opinions is good as long as respect is shown and no name calling which just turns into putdowns  and negativity and the whole point of the post goes out the window and off topic.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

That's right there is no "free" speech here.  I thank God Buggs set down the rules long before I came on board.  You would not believe the comments that come in that never make the light of day.

If you want free speech by your determination create your own blog.  Put in the 4 hrs plus each day to moderate, research, write or translate and publish post.  And on occasion deal with adults who act like preschoolers or think rules should not apply to them.

I just told canadiana that forum has taken a big uptick in views and new people registering in a rate I have not seen in a long while.  and I notice how respectful people are being.

The biggest complaint on main board and emails about forum is how 'clickish' and unwelcoming it can become.  I think we have a good group of people currently

While we have some outstanding people contributing to forum, in my opinion the work involved is not worth it.  We have more problems here with so little output....like you for example.  I don't remembering you posting at all.  You may have but each post goes to my inbox and I haven't notice any.

As for free speech I don't know of you so much but the comments I have seen have been thoughtful and break no rules.

But it sounds as though you would like to or your comment is confusing....

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

El17
In what ways is free speech not tolerated on BB?
.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

How would you know what is blocked or what is harmless
"Harmless but thoughtful" comments being blocked?  are you serious?  you can't possibly be be talking about any comment but yours.  That is stunning to me.

I have never seen you post a comment that was out of the bounds of what isn't within guidelines.  and frankly unlike forum I get 4 to 500 comments per day and can only moderate half of that.  i is what it is.  I spend 4 hrs at least per day and now more as Yaqui is in Mexico for the winter.

I did allow your thread/post about the wall even though it broke the rules

Here is what I would like you to do.....and I doubt you will.

1.  register for the google account so I know it is you and I always post google account people because they put in the effort I look for those first.

2.  or email me your comment that did not get posted.  I can tell you immediately why

have you read the rules?  That may get you started.

one thing american politics we pretty much stay away from, and religion.  nothing good can come from that.  unless it is part of a post topic.  today i read 20 or so slamming obama and Hilary even though the topic was fast and furious I decided not to post.  and of course ditto to trump.  but did allow a couple about holder because it was about his decision when AG

I have said all I can on this subject, but no speech is not free here from followers.  I have death threats from an idiot who says with technology he has found me he knows enough to concern me and my family he says I will be Nena II  member her?  decapitated blogger?  and Yes my buddy agent connected me with the fbi.  but I suppose I should allow those in?  or the racists comments by the dozens calling my race every slur in the world and I have to read those each day?

You sir/madam are clueless and self righteous.  and I am pissed at myself for giving this too much time that I don't have

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

leChef
@Chivis: Sorry to hear you receive death threats. Did you receive it by e-mail? Slim chance, but I might be able to track down who it is. I have done so before with limited success.
.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

no through mainboard BUT he made a critical error.  I would share with you but not on this forum.

I am in good hands but he is relentless and has said my daughters will be included.  We get them now and then but one can tell when someone is just pissed and acting stupid.  Some guy is convinced I am a zetas... oh boy

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

You make no sense and on a merry go round---if you want to know what you are doing wrong just send me what is rejected.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

see i knew it was about char.....jajaja you probably ARE char.  funny how hypocritical some prima donna are posting one way on forum then emailing me constantly for whatever.

BTW I never banned char but things are so much better and the emails and comments people post and send have been supportive.  very supportive.  our views have leaped and new registration on the rise.

Char was a twitter reporter  nothing more and nothing wrong with that but no inside info.  sol on mainboard is a twitter reporter meaning gets most of info off twitter.  but he actually is an excellent translator something lacking here.

I now have confirmation of your agenda surprisingly easy to figure out ---  I knew what it was about.

You will not be missed you never posted one post.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

Chivis, may I email you a question or two I have for Mr. Duncan?  Thanks
.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

Nutcase
This post was updated on .
I believe Patole is Char too. Started acct. On August 30th. The one day Char didn't log in between his posts. Next comment was Sept 10th for patole, oh wait... that was one day char didn't log in too, but logged in  Sept 9th and sept 11th.  Seems like everyday patole commented and logged in Char did not... too much of a "coincidence".
Seeing is believing
.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

.

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

El Guero
I know the only posts of mine that dont get through were usually made when I was drunk and as such were probably better off deleted😂

Anything reasonable seems to get through pretty well.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Free Speech not Tolerated - 2020

El Guero
Nice pattern recognition.   I was suspecting the same exact thing but hadn't done the research to merit pointing it out....
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!
.