Four Federal police killed in Tamaulipas ambush

Four Federal police killed in Tamaulipas ambush

jlopez
El Diario.mx.ed. Juarez (6-26-14)

"REYNOSA, Tamps.-A group of federal police was attacked in northern Tamaulipas, with a preliminary result of four agents dead and three wounded.

The attack occurred at Kilometer 49 of the San Fernando-Reynosa highway at the location of the townships Pedro Jose Jimenez and Alfredo B. Buenfil, commonly known as "Los Periquitos", where the officers were having breakfast when they were attacked with gunfire from a convoy of gunmen.

The wounded were transferred by air to the Oca Hospital in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, for immediate medical attention.

The agents were in charge of security in that area, where there have been many reports of robbery and kidnapping of travelers.

Federal Preventive Police helicopters are flying over the area in search of the attackers, who concealed themselves among the dirt roads close to the highway."

Re: Four Federal police killed in Tamaulipas ambush

stevectpa
Some photos of this incident....just an error I'm sure that the URL has it listed under "sports".

http://www.valleycentral.com/sports/photos.aspx?list=195030&id=1063023#.U6zNFqgo6ay

Re: Four Federal police killed in Tamaulipas ambush

jlopez
Thanks. It's just another "more of the same" story. Sometimes reading these I wonder if these cops are so arrogant that they don't believe they're in a war until they get shot.

Re: Four Federal police killed in Tamaulipas ambush

yes, but the VC story says one killed.

same happened in Michoacan ambush,  I FP killed 3 injured supposedly led by Broly Banderas

Re: Four Federal police killed in Tamaulipas ambush

jlopez
The Diario de Juarez reported four killed. Diario de Coahuila and Vanguardia reported 1 killed. Proceso earlier reported four officers killed, but the latest version from that source reports two killed. Since all sources refer to the same location, etc., they have to be reporting the same incident. I don't know which one is correct, but it is also very possible he govt is downplaying the story. I've seen that with Tamaulipas and Coahuila stories.

Re: Four Federal police killed in Tamaulipas ambush

I call it Mexican Math.

Wed cambio michoacan reports "300 self defense, led by Dr Mireles, in 50 cars, too La Mira"

Thurs  it became 600 and 60+ cars

but what is very bad is not being able to count dead bodies.  valley central (Sergio Chapa) is very accurate, so in this case it is most likely 1 killed.