Fentanyl

Re: Fentanyl

Parro
BOOMer, it would kill me

Re: Fentanyl

B00Mer
Parro wrote
BOOMer, it would kill me
Why??

Legalization or not legalizing ??
Agua que no has de beber, déjala correr

Re: Fentanyl

Parro
BOOMer, thanks for your comments.

If you don't think the picture describes the hunger, then you could say drugs are useless.

Drugs are satisfying the hunger of the lost.

If they are legal, you are right some times . . . Not always a clear idea . Complicated for sure

BOOMer, you know what we were.  Hard to divide the pleasure from the pain, but depends where you are in your life.  I'm blessed, but some have no chance. . .

If you put it in your face, it can be a hard choice.

On another note, I hate the cartels, not for the drugs, but the corruption, violence and poison they spew.  Wish I would have known that earlier in my life.  It was a romantic idea then and turned into a nightmare . .

Re: Fentanyl

B00Mer
Parro wrote
BOOMer, I'm an addict
Have you requested professional help for your addiction?

Sorry to hear that, be careful, now with Fentanyl being introduced to many drugs, it's like Russian Roulette with every hit.
Agua que no has de beber, déjala correr

Re: Fentanyl

Apparently there are no addicts in communist Cuba according to lots of people I know that have been there.Can't find any drugs and safest place in the Caribbean but ......tons of alcoholics and smokers from all that sugar cane and tobacco they grow there so........if there is no access to drugs but only alcohol guess what?

Re: Fentanyl

Parro
BOOMer, thanks for your concern, but no bueno.  It's beyond you or your thoughts.  No fentanyl for me or anything else.  I just know the least path of resistance, and it is only happenstance.

Re: Fentanyl

Parro
Source:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/11/07/what-are-mexican-drug-cartels-fighting-over-chance-sell-fentanyl-here/

The nine Americans killed in an ambush south of the border this week were caught in the crossfire of rival drug cartels, Mexican authorities say they now believe. Which makes these dual citizens, including three mothers and their children, casualties of the opioid crisis, too.

What Mexico’s increasingly powerful transnational criminal organizations are battling over — and the reason gang warfare has reached record heights — is the opportunity to make enormous amounts of money trafficking fentanyl and other synthetic opioids into the United States.

We tend to see the current opioid crisis primarily as the result of lapses in the public health safety net — the outcome of a push by Big Pharma, which created the market for these killer designer drugs in the first place by hooking millions of Americans on prescription pain pills, and the failure of Congress and successive administrations to stop it and provide adequate prevention and treatment programs.

That’s true. But much of the current supply of fentanyl pushing the broader opioid crisis to unprecedented heights is being smuggled into the country by the Sinaloa cartel and its rivals in Mexico.

Black-market fentanyl and other synthetic opioids smuggled in from Mexico and China have become the fastest-growing and most lethal drug in America, far surpassing heroin and the prescription narcotics that often serve as gateway drugs. The surge has been so rapid — from roughly 3,000 deaths in 2013 to more than 30,000 five years later — that synthetic opioid overdoses have now killed more Americans than the wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq combined.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) even has a name for it now: the “third wave” of the opioid crisis. CDC data shows that more than 399,000 people have died from overdoses involving any opioid, including prescription and illicit opioids, from 1999 to 2017.

The first distinct wave of opioid deaths began in the 1990s with the steady increase of prescriptions pushed on Americans by Big Pharma and complicit doctors. The second wave began in 2010, the CDC says, when the backlash over such professional drug pushers prompted a sharp curtailment of supply. That forced users onto the streets, where they began buying heroin and similar illicit drugs, including diverted or stolen supplies of pharmaceutical fentanyl — which is prescribed legally, but rarely, as a potent painkiller for surgery and cancer patients.

Mexico’s transnational organized crime collectives, especially Sinaloa — the cartel made infamous by drug overlord Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán — were more than happy to supply whatever was needed to meet the voracious U.S. demand. To do so, they cultivated alliances with Italian and other organized crime mafias, American street gangs, outlaw biker groups and high-tech Asian money launderers (think thugs).
So the third wave of opioids — the one still ravaging U.S. communities — began in 2013 when Americans found out about fentanyl. Some began buying it direct from brokers in China, where the vast majority of the chemical was manufactured. But Sinaloa, which by then operated in more than 50 countries, and its rivals soon homed in on the drug, too, and began buying vast quantities of it for resale in the United States.

The cartels quickly realized that they could make previously unimaginable profits, with much less risk, from a drug that can be cooked up in a few days in clandestine labs, and in unlimited quantities, than from heroin, which required a time-consuming and expensive process of cultivating and processing poppy plants.
Because fentanyl is so powerful — 50 to 100 times as strong as heroin — the cartels used some of it to cheaply boost the potency of that narcotic or to sell it outright as heroin to unwitting American consumers.
Fentanyl soon developed a reputation as a faster-acting, longer-lasting and more euphoric high. A lot of American users, especially longtime addicts, began asking for fentanyl specifically. In its most recent annual National Drug Threat Assessment, the Drug Enforcement Administration said, “Illicit fentanyl and other synthetic opioids — primarily sourced from China and Mexico — are now the most lethal category of opioids used in the United States.”

More recently, according to DEA, CDC and United Nations data, the cartels have been spiking their U.S.-bound cocaine, methamphetamine and counterfeit pain pills with fentanyl, too, to pack a bigger punch and hook whole new cadres of users.

Now, confidential U.S. intelligence, summarized by officials familiar with it, indicates that Mexico’s two most powerful cartels, Sinaloa and Jalisco New Generation, are moving to dramatically expand their fentanyl trafficking empires in the United States, in part by locally manufacturing the drug themselves, using precursor chemicals from China, instead of buying the finished product there as they had in the past.
The drug cartel that protected Sean Penn also terrorizes Mexican journalists.

They’re still pumping out cheaper and more potent supplies of U.S.-bound methamphetamine. But the cartels are now using those same chemists and industrial-scale laboratories to produce truckloads of pharmaceutical-grade fentanyl, U.S. counternarcotics officials say privately. “And then, with ready-made means of distribution, transportation and smuggling,” warns one of them, who was not authorized to speak publicly, “they’re ready to just obliterate the market.”

The result could be a tsunami of cheap, super-potent, consumer-friendly synthetic opioid products designed to hook whole new demographics of recreational drug users. (In the past, Mexican fentanyl has been much more diluted than the still-thriving direct-mail business from China.) “God help us all when that happens,” the official warned, given how many tens of thousands of Americans have died already from ingesting an amount of fentanyl no larger than a grain of rice.

There are worrisome signs of such an influx already. Some Arizona border towns have reported sharp spikes in young adults and even teenagers dying from fentanyl tablets manufactured to look like oxycodone, Percocet and other painkillers.

Massive amounts of fentanyl are being seized at the border now, and far more is getting through. Thomas Overacker, executive director of cargo and conveyance security for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, told Congress in July that seizures of illicit fentanyl had significantly increased, from about two pounds in fiscal 2013 to about 2,170 pounds in fiscal 2018. CBP had seized as much in the first half of 2019 as it did in all of the prior year, he said, but the agency is able to inspect about 2 percent of cars and 16 percent of commercial vehicles that come across ports of entry at the southwest border.

Given the profit to be made from their vertical integration of the fentanyl trade, the cartel wars have intensified, too, especially over who controls the distribution routes into the United States and the lucrative markets from coast to coast. U.S. and Mexico counternarcotics efforts, including the arrest and conviction of El Chapo, have caused a splintering of cartels that has only intensified the turf battles.

Mexican authorities believe Monday’s massacre was probably related to such an ongoing battle between Sinaloa and other traffickers. Sinaloa still oversees the most extensive overall U.S. drug trafficking operation. But Jalisco New Generation is gaining fast on the fentanyl front. In October 2018, the Trump administration cited that as one reason it was announcing a $10 million bounty in October 2018 for alleged leader Nemesio Ruben “El Mencho” Oseguera Cervantes.

That’s probably also why Sinaloa, now under the leadership of at least three of Guzmán’s sons and his longtime partner Ismael “El Mayo” Zambada García, has doubled down on its U.S. fentanyl operation.

In February, an indictment against two of the Guzmán sons, including 28-year-old Ovidio Guzmán López, was unsealed in New York, alleging that they trafficked heroin and marijuana into the United States. No mention of synthetic opioids was made in that case. But Mexican authorities say it was pressure from Washington to do more about Sinaloa’s cross-border fentanyl trade — and the younger Guzman’s alleged role in it — that prompted them to try to arrest him three weeks ago.

As the world now knows, Mexican authorities arrested the younger Guzmán in a house in the Sinaloa stronghold of Culiacán last month but were forced to let him go after cartel hit men launched a military-style assault on the city, taking hostages, shooting at police and springing cartel associates from at least one prison.

After both recent incidents, President Trump and Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador spoke about what they should do about the drug cartels. Their approaches differ markedly, with Trump tweeting that he wants to “wage WAR” against the cartels and “wipe them off the face of the earth,” and López Obrador insisting that Mexico will take a far more nuanced and long-term approach.

Whatever ends up happening, the one unfortunate certainty is that the flow of fentanyl into the United States, and the overdose deaths of thousands of Americans a year, will continue unabated for now.

I’ve seen the opioid epidemic as a cop. Living it as a patient has been even worse
.
An opioid epidemic is what happens when pain is only treated with pills
Why Sean Penn’s interview with El Chapo was an insult to Mexican journalists.
Eh

Re: Fentanyl

Eh
Hey guys, long time lurker here and after what seems like 10 years I'm finally making a forum account lol.

I'm from Canada and I was hooked on percocet -> oxycontin -> fentanyl in the end before I realized what I was doing. I was buying and chewing on the highest mcg fentanyl patches available. My wife and I oded several times but thankfully survived.

Believe me when I tell you guys this - nothing else matters when youre in that world. My mom and my wife didnt mean SHIT to me when I was in the deepest throngs of degeneracy. the last thing I ever thought about was my credit rating, my job, my bills all that other non opiate stuff had less then zero thought attached to it. Didnt care cause didnt plan on being around to deal with it. Basically I'm trying to say that the people we become when we're at those stages of addiction are not who we are. The person you become is a shell of who you were and all sense of morality and empathy are the first things to leave. They can come back, that person isnt gone forever but they'll always have that scar of addiction on them.

Regarding the ways that are "correct" to treat an addict, their arent any. One approach may help one addict, but the exact identical addiction of another addict it wont do shit for them. I went through rehabs, counseling, aa, federal programs, you name it, we tried it. The only thing that got us clean and kept us clean off street drugs was methadone. Around 2008 I believe we finally used our last patch before getting on a methadone program. My wife got off after a few years and is clean. I'm still on it but I have finally started my ween off and I'm hoping to get off with 6 months.

Without the methadone I'm almost certain we'd be dead. We were fent junkies before the powder fent craze happened where I live (Winnipeg canada) so we never had to resort to black market fent. Near the end of our addiction the fent powder took off and was dirtrrrttttt cheap. The cheap fent is filled with hotspots that killed 13 people I was fellow addicts with though and it's still climbing. We always had a source for pharmacy source fent patches and we were fortunate enough to not resort to street fent

Lol guys, I'm sorry. It took me a couple hours of writing off and on to post this so please forgive me if theirs a ton of spelling errors and nonsensical paragraph formations lol.
Eh

Re: Fentanyl

Eh
I also forgot to mention something regarding a post, I think mica post about the Vancouver heroin program. I know it seems fucking insane at first to think about but that heroin program is probably saving a tonnnnnn of money. Having an addict come into these programs, seeing them everyday, talking to them, being able to have a conversation with them and be a part of their life, having doctors always available. Those resources cost way less then ambulance rides, ER visits, doctor appointments, prescription filling, mental health evaluations, the list goes on what an addict dumps onto our system. That's not including getting infectious diseases, crime fo support the habit, prostitution and all the other fucked up ways us addicts would find ways to get our fix. If we can eliminate lots of those at a cost of 27,000 a year, that's a steal.

We cant just ignore the addicts because "they're gone already" like I seen somebody suggest. I was as bad of an addict as their is as far as self destructive behaviour and stealing and all kinds of other shit. I now own my own home, have a 5 year old with another on the way. I'm a tradesmen at the same company since I started methadone. I pay my taxes and I help everybody and anybody in my life. I went from a strain on society to a productive member and if I was just given up on then none of this wouldve happened.

Now more then ever we need to help each other. Its obvious that we cant rely on our political leaders to solve the issues in the world. We need to do what we can as individuals to make the world around you a better place.

Re: Fentanyl

Wow thanks for your raw honesty Eh!You are 1 of the success stories indeed and 1 that made it back.I'm sure your story will inspire another addict that 'it is possible' and welcome and thanks for posting!That is a positive story and there isn't a whole lot of positive stories on BB admittedly.

Re: Fentanyl

Good post Eh, I find it interesting to read from your vantage point.

Re: Fentanyl

Parro
Eh, all good in your post.  You give people of a vision of what it's like on the other side.  Many who post here, do not understand the huge under culture that exists, just because they don't see it everyday.

When you join that group, you know how crazy it is.  I'm fortunate as well.  My family and friends all gave up on me.  It wasn't just opioids, but everything I could get my hands on.  Somewhere, there was a spark and that was having children.

They grounded me after I divorced.  They were young, but I wanted to take care of them as my folks had done.
I dropped most everything and it was hard, because I decided to start a business as well.

My family and friends don't understand how I managed to get out all the shit I was in.  I say three things;

- The way you are brought up at the root, or having loving, caring parents

- Taking responsibility for others lives, children and the needy

- Move away from the underground culture, across the country, leave it all behind

There, everything starts at the beginning of something else, thank God!

Eh, great post and congrats on turning the corner. Best wishes to you!!

Re: Fentanyl

El Guero
I'd like to see a good article on the economics of fentanyl.  I wonder what the cartels are paying for this stuff bulk.  Because down on the street level you have mid level dealers paying 50-100/g for quarter keys and its often highly cut by that point.  Then they step on it 7 times before it hits the streets

The profits have to be ABSURD on the cartel level.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!
Eh

Re: Fentanyl

Eh
Thanks canadiana, you actually inspired me to make my account on the main forum a couple years ago. Seeing another Canadian encouraged me to make an account so thanks :)

Eh

Re: Fentanyl

Eh
Thanks Parro.

Thanks mica, big fan of your forum posts

Re: Fentanyl

Parro
Keep on watching, reading, interpreting and commenting.  You have a different perspective on what's going on.  Thanks Eh

Re: Fentanyl

When I was finally successful at quitting cigarette smoking a decade ago (and it's a strong addiction)I told myself I wasn't born with this addiction and was smoke free the 1st 17 years of my life and it didn't bother me then.Also I asked myself if I ever had a smoke that was memorable.Nope...so it must be a waste of time and money.Like Eh says what works for 1 doesn't work for another and the mind plays every trick in the book to keep you from change and growth.Also I think you have to really be ready and want it but it's hard to judge when you are truly ready as to all the failed attempts until you actually are successful at it.

Re: Fentanyl

Thanks.I figured you were a 'Canuck' by a name like 'Eh' even without mentioning Winnipeg which BTW looks like it has a huge meth crisis.Most Canadians do have a huge affection for Mexico and it's people (I don't think I've ever heard a bad word about a Mexican from a Canadian) as it's their favourite place to go someplace warm in winter and most have a great time there and most of the population (I'd say at least half) have been there.
Eh

Re: Fentanyl

Eh
Yes meth has begun its grasp on the city again. When I was in my teens meth really took off but then it was replaced by coke and coke replaced with opiates and now it's gone full circle again to meth. Seems theirs never a break or end in sight. I'm watching the next gen of addicts start to die and wallow in despair as my gen of addicts did.

Re: Fentanyl

blanco puro
Eh - welcome to BB, i am also cdn
12345