Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

Esa niña de raza mixta
Again I will say the chances of Harry being alive is slim to none. We know all about the wars with the cartels and we know how they are also fighting with the auto defense groups. Harry's mother has stated that every year that her son calls home on Jan. 29th to wish someone happy birthday. Harry didn't do that this year. I mean if we use common sense here, who takes off to another country and fails to contact family letting them know that they're safe.

We all know how these stories play out. Harry was not kidnapped for money. His family hasn't reported any calls demanding anything for his release.

Apparently journalist are able to locate and interview La Tuta, maybe another journalist can do it again and ask him about Harry. I forget "who" that area the CT is fighting against, but it could be a rival cartel snatched him thinking he was a member of CT, the auto defense group, or a wrong place at the wrong time kind of thing.

Maybe Harry is being held captive (wishful thinking)

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

Esa niña de raza mixta
I came across this information on FB. not sure if you've seen it!

Quiero informar sobre el paradero del ciudadano Franco-estadounidense Harry Devert y me consta que lo tienen en Zicuiran la gente de Miguel Gallegos primo de Rafael Sánchez Moreno de aquí de la ruana por eso lo se que lo escuche que lo estaba comentando, la policía ayer hizo un operativo allá buscándolo y escuche que pensaron que era de la dea y lo levantaron para investigarlo nomás que se les calento eso y ya no saben que hacer eso nos va afectar aquí en la ruana a nosotros los comuniratas gente y primo de gallegos.

https://www.facebook.com/704128206281749/photos/pb.704128206281749.-2207520000.1392910028./761434817217754/?type=3&theater

One another page called "Help Find Harry" people are saying he was mistaken for a "DEA" agent. Is there anything you can tell us regarding this Chivis?

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

where is this posted?

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

jlopez
Except that in this case it was an American in a bike.  Sort of stood out, in my opinion.

That is a strange message that claims he is being kept in La Ruana. Who picked him up, the good guys or the bad guys?

One of the sites is https://www.facebook.com/helpfindharry and another is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Por-un-Michoacan-Libre-de-PC-SDR/704128206281749 you will have to read through the comments @CHIVIS..A FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE IN THAT AREA ARE SAYING THE FAMILY NEEDS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH SOME PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHERE HE IS...NOT SURE HOW TRUE IT IS THOUGH!

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

Esa niña de raza mixta

Harry's motorcycle and gear
License Plate: NY67SD67
Kawasaki
olive green bike klr 2002
Vin# jkaklea182da00194

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

Esa niña de raza mixta
@cHIVIS,

A guy posted to the "Help Find Harry" page and I quote "Fernando Aguilar I wanna say something about a franc-american citizen Harry Devert, im sure Miguel Gallegos´s people have him in Zicuiran, Miguel is cousin of Rafael Sanchez Moreno and they are from here the Ruana, that's why I know that, police was looking for Harry yesterday here, I heard they mistake him with a DEA agent and that's why he was kidnapped, they wanted to find out who he really was, but things went out of control and they don't know what to do with Harry now, that is gonna affect us here in Ruana, they need to inform the council in order to take actions, because they already want to take our weapons away from us because of that, the people that have Harry should fallow council rules, not his cousin Gallegos.. .... thats the translation of Ariadna Anguiano comment...
Unlike · 2 · February 12 at 11:54am"

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

ok...that is an old tip.  I just spoke with Harry's mom and she thought it was old....but thank you!

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

ranchero
http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2014/02/21/944950
"Go and wake up your luck." - Persian Proverb

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

Nuttz

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

choco
Nuttz.... Do you even read Borderland Beat?  Based on the number of double, triple and quadruple posts you put up, it appears not.

The standard practice for most people before posting is to do a search of the key name or key words in the title... had you done that for Harry Devert, you would have found that it has been reported here on BB for well over a week.

And you would also have found that Chivis has posted a lot about it on the mainboard, and she even put a post up here on the forum a while back so people could express their condolences to Ann, Harry's mother.

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

its ok...he wrote to me first and I didn't see anything wrong with him posting the link keeping the story relevant.  not everyone saw my other posts I am sure

JMB

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

JMB
Yep, why not? The 2 teens were kidnapping people and hacking them up. Ransom or no.

Stay out if Mexico,  its not even safe for Mexicans right now. Even the local residents are being kidnapped.

Guy was another easy target for some rotten people.  He likely had US tags, he's a new bike rider, there's corrupt military, crazy kidnappers, he had no real itinerary,  etc. These are not the times to go sojourning alone across certain Countries.

The problem with "Americans" is they think other countries are similar to the US. They think they can ask the police for directions without paying a bribe and such. No. They think as long as they mind their business they can travel the open road in peace. No.

One has to be smart about these things. Research first.

Re: Fears grow for New Yorker and has vanished in drug war-torn area in Mexico.

ElVaquero
I just want to share a similar experience  I had a few years ago. I was hitchhiking through the Golden Triangle in the sierra's of Sinaloa when I was picked up by a group of men who took me to a safe house laid out some black plastic on the ground and were ready to kill me.

They took my passport, and all my possessions and look through it. They asked me if I worked for the fbi or the dea or CIA. I said NO. As anyone would. They continued talking on radios until a truckload of men arrived from somewhere else. The men didn't go inside. But one of them did.

He asked me what I was doing again. I also told him about my family in Mazatlan. He asked me for phone numbers and references. I gave them to him. At that point everyone left me alone for a few minutes.

They made the phone calls to verify my story. They came back into the room and apologized and said --- 'tienes hambre ?'....

They again apologized for the misunderstanding and dropped me off at a taco stand ordered  Tacos and paid for my meal. Told me to head to Culiacan and not come back here.

I can imagine that Harry went through something similar. In fact the rumors in Jalisco are just that. That Harry was unable to get anyone to vouch for his stories and he was mislabeled as a member of the DEA investigating someone....

RIP
12