Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Armed men kill 4 adults, 2 children near Acapulco, Mexico

 The Associated Press
 Published Saturday, June 10, 2017 11:05AM EDT

MEXICO CITY -- Authorities in southern Mexico say that six people have been killed by armed men in a rural community on the outskirts of Acapulco.

Guerrero state security spokesman Roberto Alvarez Heredia says the victims in San Pedro Cacahuatepec include three women, a 4-month-old baby and a 17-year-old boy. Three children were also wounded when the shooters opened fire Friday on their humble homes. It appeared the victims were part of a single family.

It is an area where the federal government wants to build a dam, but the territory is disputed between two community defence groups. The vigilante-style police groups armed themselves in 2013 and 2014 to fight drug cartels.

Related Stories

Gunmen slay 6 vendors at pop-up market in Mexico's Acapulco

Cruise line stops port calls at Mexican resort of Acapulco

8 bodies found stuffed in SUV north of Acapulco, Mexico

There's a small important update on this story,push link.If true this family is innocent and it makes my blood boil. (canadiana)
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/armed-men-kill-4-adults-2-children-near-acapulco-mexico-1.3452613
.

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Chava
This post was updated on .
Yes, that awful story is in my local paper today, with photos. Very sad and disgusting.

The children were 1 year old, 8 years old and 11 years old. The youngest later died at the hospital, bringing the total dead to 7.

A survivor claims that 20,000 pesos and other items of value were stolen.

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Chava feel free to post a link if there's photos.

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Chava
Photos only shown in paper, haven't seen them on internet yet.
Local paper link:  http://www.novedadesacapulco.mx/policiaca/ataque-en-san-pedro-cacahuatepec-deja-siete-muertos

Here is a video afterwards.

Supposedly one of the community police groups is being blamed, UPOEG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N89KV45E470&feature=youtu.be

Found another link:
http://www.guerreroaldia.ml/2017/06/tras-ataque-armado-por-la-policia.html

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Alexander
Canadiana, why do you want to see photos of such a horrific slaughter.Do you have some sort of disturbing fetish?

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

No Alexander that thought hadn't even crossed my mind.I thought maybe a previous photo of family or auto defences or town itself.My article had only 1 photo (of a map of Mexico).Photos add to a story but not necessarily photos of a slaughter although I know there are those on here that don't read the articles,only look at the pictures for entertainment (sort of like Playboy).That video from the neighbours did add to the story and the outside of the house photos showed it wasn't a 'well to do' family but the last link was heartwrenching and sad.

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Chava
Breaking update is that two people who were listed as missing after this event, bodies have been found behind one of the 'houses.' That would bring the count to 9 now. It's been a horrible 72 hours all around the town and outlying areas. Over 30 killed in 72 hours.

REPORTE #ACAPULCO
14:20 horas.- Sobre los dos desaparecidos del día de ayer en San Pedro Cacahuatepec y que respondían a los nombres de; Cristino G' de 32 y Humberto R' de 30, reportan que sus cuerpos ya aparecieron atrás de su casa y la familia no dejan que el ejercito se acerque. En espera de mas información. (soloacapulco.com)

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Chava
The Governor speaks:

It's a good time to put "put an end" to UPOEG: Astudillo

ACAPULCO, June 10, 2017.- Governor Héctor Astudillo Flores said that community police such as the Union of Peoples and Organizations of the State of Guerrero (UPOEG) "are not empowered to act in this way." Following the events in the town of San Pedro Cacahuatepec, wherein an armed attack involving members of UPOEG, left six people dead, including a four-month-old baby and a 17-year-old boy. (MY NOTE: I believe this to now be 9 dead)

In an interview after a tour of the new General Hospital in the housing unit El Quemado, Astudillo Flores lamented the facts and urged UPOEG police to "surrender and declare the facts and specify under what circumstances may have had someone armed and participation in where they took the life of a minor of age. The president insisted that organizations such as the UPOEG are armed groups that do not defend the interests of the people, but only cause problems, as in the case of Tierra Colorada.

He assured that "it is a good moment for the state government with the support of the federal government put an end to these type of groups that take determinations and actions that go to the barbarity", since "it is not possible to continue acting in disguise of defenders of the town and attack the town ". Likewise Astudillo Flores said that if people ask for the presence of the federation in San Pedro Cacahutepec, it will have to be taken into account as happened in Colorada. The governor reiterated that the issue of security is a joint work with municipalities and questioned the action of crime prevention by the City. "There must also be an action by the Municipal Police, not only in Acapulco, so that they do not go to gather knives, in all the places where there are police, the municipal policemen have to act," he concluded.

https://guerrero.quadratin.com.mx/buen-momento-poner-aqui-upoeg-astudillo/

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Anasazi
Guerrero is very close to being a failed state, if it isn't already.

What could be a huge economic engine for Mexico (Acapulco tourism) can't live up to its potential because of the violence and crime.

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Siskiyou_Kid
Every important tourist area of Mexico is facing problems from increased violence, when these areas were generally left alone until recently. This is incredibly shortsighted on the part of the narcos who are fighting over plazas where tourists are a major portion of their revenue and will hurt them and the politicos who they work with.

BCS, Quintana Roo, and Colima have all seen shocking increases in violence, when these states were among those less effected.

It's ironic that Guerrero's corrupt governor is using the latest atrocity as an excuse to disparage the community self-defense forces.

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Tully
Welcome to Hell

"Each one of these regions - Los Cabos, the Riviera Maya and Acapulco - has a different story.  But they share several common characteristics.  Explosive demographic growth, uncontrolled urban growth on the city outskirts, weak social capital, a high concentration of young men with poor economic prospects, lucrative and booming illicit markets, and a prosperous economic region with many targets for extortion.

This is not a coincidence.  It's a direct result of the pattern of economic planning followed.  Tourist locations with low-paying jobs and not much else.  A lack of concern about the provision of social services.  And a lack of concern about what's happening on the outskirts of town hidden from tourists' view.  A facade of economic growth.  A Potemkin Village by the sea.

But this institutional charade can't continue on forever.  Inevitably, the outskirts consume the city's center.  The violence reaches the tourist zones and the tourists are terrified.  Hell on Earth.

So, if we want to avoid the creation of new Hells on Earth, we have to rethink the way we create our tourist "Paradises."  But rethink from the ground up.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/entrada-de-opinion/columna/alejandro-hope/nacion/2017/06/12/bienvenidos-al-infierno

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

I have been thinking these same patterns through, and I see Los Cabos becoming more, not less similar to Acapulco, whenever the mass graves start showing up is the sign that there won't be a return to normal.  I remember the beginning stages of Acapulco back in 2010, and there are a lot of similarities.  Different cities, and states obviously, with some different issues and regional dynamics....but same.   Thank you for that article.  Helped me put my own thoughts into perspective.

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Mexico-Watcher
canadiana wrote
No Alexander that thought hadn't even crossed my mind.I thought maybe a previous photo of family or auto defences or town itself.My article had only 1 photo (of a map of Mexico).Photos add to a story but not necessarily photos of a slaughter although I know there are those on here that don't read the articles,only look at the pictures for entertainment (sort of like Playboy).That video from the neighbours did add to the story and the outside of the house photos showed it wasn't a 'well to do' family but the last link was heartwrenching and sad.
Canadiana: I agree with your POV and judgement.  Please ignore this particular critic.  As  researcher on the topic of violence in Mexico, I value pictures and videos as special "data" that words can sometimes not express.  Like they say, pictures are worth 1000 words.

 I have your back.

On the topic of massacring kids and innocent people, this kind of evil is not that uncommon in mexico.  I looked through my BB files and found a case dated August 13, 2012.  This particular article includes over 200 comments.  Please sample some of the comments .... Note the extremes of anger, disgust, shame for Mexico, hopelessness, and prayers for victims, and for Mexico.... the "Same old same old!"
Click:        http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/08/veracruz-family-of-7-decapitated.html

Mexico-Watcher

P.S. Here is a picture that relates to the murder of innocents in Mexico
Abuelita dies protecting two grandkids

Here is the BB report of 3-17-11

Re: Family murdered including baby outside of Acapulco

Chava
Arrest made:

http://soloacapulco.com/avances-respecto-al-multihomicido-de-una-familia-en-san-pedro-cacahuatepec

The spokesperson for the Guerrero Coordination Group, Roberto Álvarez Heredia, reported that as a result of investigations carried out by agents of the Ministerial Police of the State Attorney General, Efraín "N" was arrested because of his alleged responsibility for multihomicide of a family that happened in the community of San Pedro Cacahuatepec, municipality of Acapulco, last June 9.

The official explained that on Thursday the hearing of the detainee's imputation took place and during the development of the same it was presumed that Efraín "N" was a minor, reason why the Public Ministry requested preventive internment, which was granted by 3 Months and cited the process link hearing for July 26 at 10:00 am, where it will determine, where appropriate, incompetence (not clear on that, but assuming where he will be tried).

Alvarez Heredia recalled that on June 9 alleged community police broke into a house in San Pedro Cacahuatepec, where 6 people died, including 3 women and a 4-month-old baby, and wounded 3 others.
However, one day later, one of the 3 wounded, also a minor, died in a hospital in the port of Acapulco as a result of the wounds he suffered during that attack.