Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

there is a huge rift in the Moreira family, actually it had begun when Pelon became governor...but exploded over the death of Lalo, eduardo jose son of humberto moreira.

did you notice who was not at the funeral?  notably the governor, uncle of the deseased and the mayor of acuña and said to be one of the last people to see him alive.

I calulated the death time to be between 5:30 and 6PM.  he sent his last tweet around 4 but had a metting at six, i believe in the colonia martinez y martinez with the mayor to finish prep for the ignaguration of the Build a Roof program, which Pelon was to come to town the following day.

I believe he was shot by a left handed person riding to the meeting with him and seated in the rear passenger seat behind Lalo.

please look at this photo, and tell me what you think happened as far as the shooters position.  I am writing an article about the rift, the mayor, the set up and the narco manta appearing in acuña the eve before the killing from zetas and the warning that pelon protected his kids and left lalo without any protection.

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

Baggy
yeah more than likely was a lefty from behind, Cause i dont see him facing forward if someone was talking to him at the drivers side window..any more photos? Googelle turned up nada but this one,windows open on the drivers side front n back etc? any chance they might release autopsy pics or was this guy too high up on the political food chain to have anymore info about his assassination get out? also was his car bullet proofed?

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

I am writing a detailed piece.

Here is the weird part.  he was buried in less than 12 hrs.  I don't think there was an autopsy.  I thought they would transfer the body to DF or saltillo.  acuña is a town that has no faciltiy for autopsy or special medical.  all specialized procedures are done in saltillo, or DF.

as for the armored car.  He had two body guards and the armored vehicle, but they were taken away a month ago!  He had just his dodge ram pick up and no guards.  he was a sitting duck.  he was on his way to meet  with the mayor and other municipal leaders for the big kick off on thursday.

there was no photos released, no one knows where this one came from.  his body and car were immediately taken from the scene by authorities.

i am guessing lefty shooting at a 20-40 degree angle just left of center in the back of the head.  passenger seat is clean except for a tiny splatter...that means someone was sitting there when the shooting ocurred. IMO

have any guesses about the caliber of gun?  doesn't look like a major amount of blood splash and splatter,  he prob died instantly as there does not appear to be  a continuous blood flow

the governor had warning that one of the moreiras would be executed...he protected his own family, who live in saltillo.  brother carlos moreira is speaking out

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

Cristero
Chivis, I think that the shooter was right handed and standing next to outside the the car he was driving, Either the window was rolled down or the window was open, if you can visualize yourself standing next to a car with either the door or window open and you are right handed and you point a gun at someones head the natural curve of the arm and hand will place the gun barrel comfortably somewhere behing the ear or in that general area, and by the blood splatter that's where tha trajectory of the bullet went, now for the bullet to go through the cranium it but not open the scull completely it had to be of a medium caliber so i think it was a 9mm, anything bigger would have blown the wholw side of his head. Lalo hae to euth open the window or the door which in my opinion he had to know the killer or trust the person enough to do so. If the shooter was sitting behand him the the blood splatter would have been towards the front not the side and down. Now my question is who would or who has the authority in Mexico to overide the "Autopsia de Ley" that seems to be encorced in all of Mexico and was the official that did the formal declaration of death?
Cristero
Viva Nuestro Señor El Cristo Rey

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

Cristero
Oh and i forgot to add that the death first picture i saw of lalo was posted on another blog and posted by a "Coronel" maybe that's where we nned to start the search for the source, also that picture has a small trickle of blood coming from above and slightly behing thatleft ear of lalo i think i saved it and will forward it to you.

Cristero
Viva Nuestro Señor El Cristo Rey

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

i had that photo!  someone sent it to me was it you?  I am embarrased to admit but today the doc was corrupted and I lost it and the article i wrote and I had to begin again.

i want to blow it up because this one shows no entry but i still am not convinced, look and the splash and splatter.  no way he would pull over for anyone he did not trust.  I think there was the mayor in the passenger seat or someone going to the meeting and policias in the back.

see what you may not know.  when pelon took the armor car away and the body guards from saltillo last month he instructed the municipal police to take care of Lalo.  great move huh? bastard

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

jlopez
The shot is behind the left ear, and there is very little blood from the entry wound, just a single drip down to the hairline. The hair around the entrance wound is flattened, evidence of a shot at very close range. The blood splatter from the exit wound is substantial, which is consistent with a large caliber round exiting at high velocity. The size of the entrance wound is also consistent with a large caliber pistol round. I doubt it was a .22; entrance hole is too big and a .22 would not have exited with such force, likely would have stayed inside the cranium. So, judging from the angle of the entrance wound, and the blood splatter, it looks like he was shot by a right handed person standing outside the passenger side door. A lefty sitting behind would have had a very awkward angle, and the blood spray would have been more to the front. There's more, but it's no fun to speculate on stuff like this.
Looks like he knew the shooter.

Bt the way, Chivis, feel free to delete my post. jlopez

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

Cristero
I agree with jlopez, as my opinion parallels his, except the i feel it was of a medium caliber such as a 9mm, i would have to be of a full metal jacket becuase a hollow point would have done massive damage, now it is my understanding that most police and military forces use full metal jacketed bullets as opposed to hollow points, Jlopez?

Cristero
Viva Nuestro Señor El Cristo Rey

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

thanks so much...what is the blog?

I received the foto but it is same as i have posted here.  there is another, the one i lost has a view of more in front.  I blew up this foto but could not see entry. he was sitting up if entry was behind/above ear the initial blood stream trickle would be more towards the mid neck area instead it is the back along the hairline. once he saw a gun he would not have remain sitting as he was if a person was outside the window.  he was surprised.  there were two shots to the head.  I am sure it was the rear..

but look at this....it is from carlos, he is the moreira speaking..

Hacer caso a las nuevamente versiones y piezas amorfas de un rompecabezas, que con el cuerpo de José Eduardo, se encontró un mensaje “ojo por ojo, sobrino por sobrino”.

one more thing...no seat belt. but i don't know his habits about that.

and this:

Hace un mes José Eduardo Moreira contaba con cuatro elementos de escolta y una camioneta Cherokee blindada. Sin embargo, esta le fue retirada bajo el argumento de que el estado no tenía suficientes elementos ya que 160 de ellos no pasaron las pruebas de confianza de la Federación. En lugar de una camioneta blindada y escolta, le es entregada una camioneta pickup y un “acompañamiento” de una patrulla municipal con dos policías.

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

what post?  I am confused  :)

interesting JLopez...

we need a couple homide dectective...come on!  any in the BB house???

RE: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

Cristero
on another site there is a post that has this same picture, it was posted by a CORONEL i think it was Blog Del Narco

Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 20:00:22 -0700
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

what post?  I am confused  :)
1-10-SIEMPRE

http://borderland-beat-forum.924382.n3.nabble.com/Examine-this-death-photo-and-give-me-your-opinion-tp4033157p4033173.html
To unsubscribe from Examine this death photo and give me your opinion, click here.
NAML
Viva Nuestro Señor El Cristo Rey

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

jlopez
Cristero: I agree, medium velocity round, full metal jacket. The entrance hole appears relatively large diameter, so it could be a .45, but the photograph is not that clear. .45 ACP is fairly slow, usually full metal jacket, in wide use by Mexican police and military. Also, note that his eyes are not bugging out or bloodshot, which also means medium velocity. It's clear the shooter knew what he was doing; he shot him right through brain stem, which means instant lights out, throw a switch effect, with very little post mortem bleeding. The slight blood drip from the entrance wound is consistent with no bleeding after the shot, minimal blowback, more consistent with 9mm or .38 Super than .45. There does not appear to be much powder residue around the entrance wound, but that may have been contaminated by on site investigators, photo is not clear enough to tell.
But I agree the shooter appears to have been standing outside on the driver side. Relatively easy to keep the pistol below line of sight, bring it up and shoot. Also looks like the shooter was fairly tall, given the angle of the shot.

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

JesusTheMoose
No blood out of any orifices. Maybe low caliber. Maybe he knew the shooter or trusted the shooter.
The only object of liberty is life. -- G. K. Chesterton

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

helfri
Cristero is correct about the military using full metal jackets, as I believe Mexico is compliant with the Hague Convention of 1899, http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/dec99-03.asp
Unless the Generals want to be tried for crimes against humanity, of course anybody can buy the FMJ or Hollow Points.  I'm not sure if the police are forced to comply, I know they are in the U.S., and I would think the Mexican police would probably comply, as well.  Of course,  I'm sure any military/policia personnel involved in Cartel murders wouldn't worry about an International treaty from 100 years ago, and would probably use ammunition that isn't government supplied and easily traced.  Basically, I don't know, that is the international law, and I'm sure the military, at least, buys FMJ.

Helfri

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

southtexas1

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

thank you...that is my thinking...but  I am not expert and the others conclusions sound good too.
however I am bothered by the height of the truck someone on the outside would have to be pretty tall.  the seat from the ground is apx 39 to 40 inches with stock wheels  i have a photo of the truck.  not one bullet.

since his body guards (4) from the state police were taken away and his armored truck about a month ago  his uncle the governor asked the municipal police to guard him 2 at a time, and he only had the unarmored ram truck.

his close friend was waiting for him at the 6PM meeting.  he stated he called Lalo at 5:45 and asked if he was coming "I am on my way", I have to see what Rodolfo wants"  Rodolfo is the director of the municipal police.  however it looks like Rodolfo is saying he did not call and speak to Lalo.

I will know more tomorrow.  but i do know everyone said "where were his guards?" because his dead body was in his empty truck.  there should have been the two police.  one in front, and one in back. my guess that was the shooter.

the entire police force including Rodolfo were taken to Saltillo and held there by direction of the PGR.

AJ

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

AJ
This post was updated on .
southtexas1's theory makes the most sense to me.

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic."
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

@Chivis.  Have the producers of "CSI" contacted you yet about a role in their TV series?

Re: Examine this death photo and give me your opinion

Baggy
Blog del nachos is claiming Z40 ordered this hit as payback for his nephew being killed, then you got the 40some cops being questioned by the feds... i say def politically motivated due to the very quick burial.