Everything Oscar Malherbe de Leon

leChef
@MX and everyone else: I am trying a new concept to help in research and to unravel networks. So why don't we try to just put all info along the way into the BB archive? I'll make new ones for other particularly interesting individuals (Mostly CDG I guess) and brand them "Everything..." and of course everyone is welcome to do the same. If nothing else, it makes it easier to search.

NB: I try to avoid accent and special characters except the tilde in order to keep search easy.

So: Oscar Malherbe de Leon

Former cartel boss of the Gulf Cartel who succeeded Juan Garcia Abrego. Malherbe was arrested Feb. 26, 1997.

Facebook accounts of Oscar Malherbe de Leon's children:

https://www.facebook.com/sahira.malherbe
https://www.facebook.com/olga.malherbe
https://www.facebook.com/oscar.malherbe

Sahira is the one that owns La Marina Marisqueria restaurant in downtown Matamoros. Here is her Instagram account (public) and her restaurant's:
https://www.instagram.com/sahirapmalherbe/
https://www.instagram.com/la.marina.marisqueria/

Cesar Eduardo Garcia Martinez AKA El Pollo keeps a sentimental relationship with the sister of Oscar Malherbe and her name is Marbella Malherbe with whom it is said he even had a son, although he is legally married to Mónica Falciola, to whom they even exposed the address of both in San Antonio, Texas.
Source:
https://www.latarde.com.mx/mipais/detienen-a-cesar-eduardo-el-pollo-delincuente-mas-buscado-en-tamaulipas/759010

Perhaps you wanna paste in those pics you got, MX?
MX

Re: Everything Oscar Malherbe de Leon

MX
This post was updated on .
Thanks for creating this thread. I have studied Malherbe for over a decade and have followed his family's trace for years through sources connected to the subject. This post below includes pictures and a short summary. There are a lot more details to write an extensive biography but for simplicity I will keep it like this.

Pictures

Early life and family
Malherbe was born in Matamoros, Tamaulipas, in January 10, 1964. He is currently 56 years old. He is married to Patricia Trevino and has four children: Myriam, Sahira, Olga and Oscar, in order from eldest to youngest. I asked several sources I have in Matamoros and got confirmation that at least all the women were born in Matamoros so they do not have U.S. citizenship. I was not able to confirm or deny for the youngest son. Either way, all the daughters have visas to enter the U.S. legally, and most studied in Brownsville throughout their entire lives.

Malherbe began his criminal career by working under Casimiro Espinosa Campos (El Cacho), the notorious Matamoros kingpin who controlled much of the drug trafficking and vehicle theft operations in northeastern Mexico during the late 1970s and early 1980s. He was one of his hitmen. The first mention ever of Malherbe in the press or in any law enforcement files was shortly after the May 1984 Clinica Raya mass murder in Matamoros. Two hitmen working for El Cacho (Oscar Trevino Chavez and his brother Agustin) listed Malherbe and several others as hitmen in Matamoros. The police soon framed Malherbe in multiple murders tied to El Cacho's gang.

Drug career
Matamoros officials searched for Malherbe throughout most of the late 1980s, but he was never identified as a drug trafficker until U.S. officials in Dallas indicted him in 1990 along with Juan Garcia Abrego. This indictment is not available online but I'm darn sure I can get a hold of it just like I did with the 1978 indictment. Once the archive installations open up again I'll find it and post it here. Anyways, with El Cacho dead, Juan Garcia Abrego inherited the marijuana empire and then introduced coke to the mix. Malherbe became one of his main intermediaries with Colombian suppliers. I think it was FBI agent Dubois who linked Malherbe to drug trafficking after U.S. officials busted 1 ton of coke in Brownsville sometime circa 1989. Malherbe continued to visit the U.S. multiple times and was even treated at a hospital in Texas (under an alias) in 1994 after he was shot by accident while hunting.

After Juan Garcia Abrego's arrest in 1996, Mexico's National Counter-Narcotics Institute (INCD) identified Malherbe, Luis Medrano Garcia (Juan Garcia Abrego's best friend after Lictor Hazael Marroquin Garcia's death) and Jose Perez de la Rosa (El Amable) as the leading Gulf Cartel figures. However, his career as a top boss was short-lived; he was arrested in 1997 and imprisoned in Altiplano. His brother Hector Javier had several properties under his name and ran some of his businesses, including a car washing business in Matamoros, after Malherbe was arrested. PGR reports confirm that there are no properties under Malherbe's name in Matamoros. He was clever enough to put them under family and friends (unlike Juan Garcia Abrego).

Malherbe was sentenced for illegal possession of firearms and drug trafficking in 1997, but he was absolved in 2002 by judge Fernando López Murillo. Malherbe remained in Altiplano in other related charges. His family traveled a lot to Mexico City and the Toluca area for years since I've closely monitored their social media accounts at least since 2008. I have no idea if Malherbe is behind bars or not today but I've requested his status via Mexico's transparency law. As soon as I get confirmation, I'll write the most detailed bio ever about him and do a main board post.

A family member of his wrote his Wikipedia article with my guidance several years back. I've updated it a bit and verified all the sources, but the article needs a good copyedit and more information. It is still a great place to start if you wanna read a short summary.

Re: Everything Oscar Malherbe de Leon

leChef
Man, this is great! And those pictures are diamonds!

How about reaching out to some of his children and ask if he is still in prison? I could do it for you so it does not strain any possible relations.

It seems you are aiming for a book

Re: Everything Oscar Malherbe de Leon

Parro
I can only hope MX is going to create a book.  No better chronicler, historian and depicter of the world of Narco Cartel.  His/her modesty is noted and graciousness, not ignored.  Best wishes to MX and the world they pursue.  Seeking a truth in a smoky world.

Muy gracias' -
MX

Re: Everything Oscar Malherbe de Leon

MX
@leChef: Feel free to reach out to them. I've asked people who know the family but they were not able to confirm with confidence if Malherbe is free or not. If he's free, he does not live in Matamoros, otherwise I think everyone in town would know. If you want to reach out to them, talk to Olga. She's the one that has posted the most about her father and I think she may be willing to talk. His wife Patricia is also very proud of her husband and has supported him throughout the years (she even protested about his prison conditions in the mid-2000s and has remained loyal to him/his family).

@leChef and @Parro: And thank you for the kind words! It means a lot to me, especially since I consider both of you world-class CDG experts and followed your forum contributions for years well before joining BB.

I do plan to write a book about the early Gulf Cartel (from the 1950s up until Juan Garcia Abrego's arrest). I have a lot of exclusive content like photos, old newspapers and interview recordings that could piece this entire era together. But I will definitely need some guidance from Chivis and her contacts to get this published.

Re: Everything Oscar Malherbe de Leon

El_Bujo
Truly an amazing post and another peek @ MX’s treasure trove. MX is a true ninja!
MX

Re: Everything Oscar Malherbe de Leon

MX
Reviving this discussion again for an important finding.

I was able to get a hold of Malherbe's daugther's graduation list through print archives from The Brownsville Herald. Sahira (sometimes spelled Sahaira) studied in Brownsville's Saint Joseph Academy with the children of other prominent Matamoros figures. Maybe this can confirm some sort of link between Malherbe and local authorities.

1. Mario Alberto Castillon Galvan: He is the son of Osiel Cardenas's former associate Mario Alberto Castillon Ruiz.

2. Ernesto Danache, IV: He is the son of former Tamaulipas State Police commander Ernesto Danache Cantu. He resigned after the May 1984 Clinica Raya mass murder in Matamoros. His Facebook is linked here.

3. Daniela Hinojosa Ronquillo: She is the daughter of former Matamoros mayor Baltazar Hinojosa Ochoa (2005 to 2007), who was once linked to Tamaulipas Governor Tomas Yarrington. Her Facebook is linked here.

4. Felipe Angel and Mariela Zamorano Cervantes: Twin children of Homar Zamorano Ayala (1999 to 2001), former Matamoros mayor. Their Facebooks are linked here and here.

Re: Everything Oscar Malherbe de Leon

leChef
Very interesting, MX.

The computer in my head need some cooling I think. This network is extensive and I should probably set up a crazy wall.

What I would like to establish though, is business links between them, like with those properties in Brownsville. Is there any business register or similar we can search?

MX is the finest scholar on Borderland.  Daniella, neuro-scientist.  Family full of aviator glasses and many broken Facebook posts, because of these posts.  Cacho and Pollo, great stuff, thanks MX
MX

@Parro: Thank you! Means a lot. And BTW, thank you for the recent contributions here in the forum.

@leChef: Let me get back to you with that. I saw several public property databases online but some require registration. For properties in Mexico, one can find them in the Registro Público de la Propiedad Federal. I have yet to toy around with it but know Redlogarythm has used it in the past. I know that's how the Tijuana-based news magazine Zeta finds properties tied to narcos.