Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

MEXICO CITY — Federal officials say the head of Mexico's powerful teachers' union has been detained for alleged embezzlement.

Attorney General Jesus Murillo Karam says Elba Esther Gordillo was detained at an airport in Toluca outside Mexico city on Tuesday on charges that she embezzled about 2 billion pesos ($156 million) from union funds.

He said in a press conference that Gordillo allegedly used the funds to pay for plastic surgery, her credit card bill from Neiman Marcus, purchase a private airplane and buy a house in San Diego.

Gordillo has led the 1.5 million-member National Union of Education Workers for 23 years. She was elected to another six-year term as union leader in October. She was the only candidate and there was not a single dissenting vote.

Soucre: http://www.newsobserver.com/2013/02/26/2709960/head-of-mexicos-powerful-teachers.html#storylink=cpy

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

Siskiyou_Kid
Jimmy Hoffa in a skirt embezzled money from her union?

Naw, couldn't be true.

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

BajaCheryl
She looks like she has been living the Chilanga high life.  How disgusting and sad if true.  That's enough money to help pay quite a few teachers a better wage.

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

_The Magician_

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

me too magic...made me have a warm feeling for epn....at least for today

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

where's DD???  He should be all over this as much as he has posted about her.

But really her latest corrective surgery did make her appear normal and almost pretty.

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

They should drop her off in a small rural community where they don't have functioning toilets in schools and let them beat her ass like a pinata! If Pena Nieto goes after Garcia Luna he'll be my hero. The purpose of having a teachers union is for them to demand better schools and opportunities. Instead they are just there to sell their votes to the highest bidder.

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

El Regio
Don't get too happy, Salinas de Gortari did the same thing when he first came into office and look at how that turned out.
Unions in Mexico are useless and corrupt, well that goes for unions here too. They are just there for the taking and not for the workers anymore.

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

ToPHeR
Where's AJ coming to the support of his unions?

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

the video can be read with English subs.

hit the caption
then translation to English...

great vid 777

Being silly

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

I know you are right....and then how piss will we be?  damn.
on her twitter she is a hawk...some peeps are posting funny shit and calling her rat shit etc
and before I can get a screen shot bam!  she deletes them.  I posted her remarks above

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

@El Regio.  One of the first things that Salinas de Gortari did in 1988 was to appoint her as head of the teachers union.

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

no Baja...they do not deserve better wage.
we need better teachers.
ones that must pass certification and testing.... La Chucky says "why do they have to pass tests to  teach the subjects?"

and get rid of the horrible teachers that are impossible to fire because of union...just like the US.  La Tuta was paid monthly until last year when it was exposed.

we need materials and teachers to stay in the school and not be transferred out every 1 or 2 years.

we need the money to go to the kids

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

IDK if this video has been posted here before. It's a documentary about the Mexican educational system.
About to watch this.. It has some good reviews.

AJ

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

AJ
@ Topher

You want another conservative A' whoopin'?
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

AJ

Teachers deserve better wages both in Mexico and in the U.S.

So do airline pilots. Minimum wage should also be raised to at least $10.00 an hour, not a measly $7.00 an hour.

If you pay cheap, you will get cheap work. Treat your employees well and you will get better results.

Think more Costco than Walmart.
CHIVIS FOREVER
AJ

This troll-looking human being should get the death penalty for what she did.
CHIVIS FOREVER

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

ToPHeR
Thank You for replying without, once again, using any logic or economics to support your beliefs....

Also, the problem with your comparison is you are comparing a discount retailer to a discount warehouse retailer....you would have been better to compare Costco to Sam's Club, but with how productive Sam's Club has been historically (as well as WalMart) your theory fails...

"A Whoopin" would require some sort of theory supported by facts and logic....none of which you provided....

It's also important to note that you support US Teacher's Unions, yet make fun of Mexico's....interesting...once again common sense would say you either support all or none....

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

Possession of marijuana is legal in Washington state and the minimum wage is $9.19/hour.

Unfortunately, the weather sucks.
AJ

Re: Elba Esther Gordillo Arrested

AJ

Shut up Topher. You always spin everything. Treat people right and you will get better results. It's time to take your head out of your ass and learn a few things about compassion.
CHIVIS FOREVER