El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El_Bujo
I don’t recall seeing any posts on this book, which seems to have come out last November. Thought I’d share with an official forum post. Has anyone read it?

Source: https://www.amazon.com/traidor-diario-secreto-Traitor-Spanish/dp/1644731509

Info: The Traitor is one of the most ambitious journalistic works of Anabel Hernández's career.

Her story dates back to January of 2011, when she's contacted by one of Vicente Zambada Niebla's lawyers, better known as Vicentillo, who was facing charges in a court in Chicago. The intention was to share with the reporter documents and facts that would broaden and clear up various episodes that had just come to light in Los señores del narco.

Among the documents to which she had access is the disturbing self-portrait as a clown that appears on the cover and the diaries kept by Vicentillo during his negotiations to collaborate with the North American government, which until now were secret. In them, el capo reconstructed his story and the story of the one of the largest drug-trafficking organizations on the planet.

In these pages, the author goes inside the Sinaloa Cartel through Vicentillo's account, who grimly exhibits the internal workings that give life to the criminal organization, the violence, the thousands of way to traffic drugs, and the complicity among politicians, businessmen, and security forces. But, above all, he unveils the profile of the person who, during the last half century, has been the king of drug trafficking.

Someone who has never stepped inside a prison cell, who from his thrown has seen his friends, enemies, partners, competitors, family members, government employees, and even his own children fall, without this ever making a dent in his power, the father of Vicentillo: Ismael el Mayo Zambada.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

I would love to read this, but unless there is a English version, I'll have to read highlights, which hopefully Mex press runs with.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El_Bujo
Did anyone get the chance to read this book?

From what I’ve gathered so far...

- Vicente did not want to be a narco initially. He was studying and going to school in TJ until the war kicked off between AFO and Mayo. It was the attacks against his family that set him off.

- He claims the original beef between Zetas and CDS started when La Barbie had killed an unnamed brother of Los Trevinos. Until then, CDS and CDG/Z were on mutual terms. Apparently the higher ups wanted to just let Barbie be massacred but Arturo Beltran fought hard to have his “friend” let go.

- The most profound claim has to be that throughout the book he states his dad was always #1 — even as far as stating Carillo-Fuentes was reporting to Mayo in the early years. Apparently when Felix Gallardo hit it big, Mayo was already 2 steps ahead of him...

- The clown picture you see on the cover is a self portrait painted by Vicente while in custody. He does not go into details as to what the picture means.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

MaxiMillian2k19
Thank you

BTW The youngest of the Trevino Morales brothers, Adolfo, was killed on January 18, 2006, allgedly under the orders of Barbie when he was 26 years old. His body was abandoned next to a swing in a park in Nuevo Laredo.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

MaxiMillian2k19
As an revenge, Z40 kidnapped, rapped and than shot sister in law of Barbie

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

Why wouldn't it be in english too?  Wasn't Los Senores De los Narcos published in english?

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El_Bujo
No clue, J.

Also no idea why this book has received such little attention, if any.

If any one else out there wants to help translate more key points, please do!

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

Cuidado
Yeah its called "Narcoland The Mexican drug lords and their Godfathers" in English.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El17

Deelucky posted about this a while ago,  smart guy.  From the pics in the book.  From declassified counter threat research.  Modeling financial components of CDS.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

Hasn’t Annabel made up stuff in the past, specifically about Chapitos that factually turned out to be incorrect?  I thought it was known that she fabricates.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

BBfollower
Mica, you're right. I would take what Anabel Hernandez says/writes with a grain of salt.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

elrojo
She might fabricate stuff and all but the claim that mayo has always been the biggest player is true there is no doubt about that. He was running culiacan already with his compadre Baltazar Diaz “el balta” since the late 70’s and well into the 80’s
It’s logical that if one controls culiacan being the capital of sinaloa means you have open doors in sinaloa in its entirety seeing as how they were always well off with the “elite” families of culiacan seeing as how they are the politicians, attorneys etc..., similar to how the Cali cartel was in their peak.
El azul and el balta(killed 1995 in Mexico City) were in one way or another mentors to mayo zambada in his early days when he was setting up shop in los ángeles.
These guys were always business partners and had similar goals, when the Guadalajara cartel was around they were as well, same pattern when the Juarez cartel took over, then the federation and eventually to what is now CDS.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

DoñaFlorinda
From what I have been seeing, I believe Anabel Hernandez is promoting her book El Traidor in Mexico first and then from there, I'm guessing she will be promoting her book in the United States of America and Europe because my understanding is that she is living somewhere in Europe for now. I found a youtube channel that is reading the book El Traidor by Anabel Hernandez the only thing is it's in Spanish. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvsrld6iWRL3pivFrtAkA7Q/videos It reads by chapters, I believe the book has 21 chapters and this youtube page posts 1 chapter a day, at the moment the channel has 15 chapters of 21 but like I said, almost every day they have been posting a new chapter from the book. Enjoy listening to El Traidor it's FREE!!!

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El17
In one of her books she was dead on about Garcia Luna Luna.  She gave him an alias and I didn't believe that CDS corrupted that high up in the MX Gov.  Narcoland was the book.  I thought there were some stretches with the truth,  nope.  After seeing the Garcia Luna Luna indictment she was right on.  I'm sure some of you guys knew of the connections before.  That was the first time I saw it in print.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

She was 100% about that, and everyone knew, but some, including me, were skeptical that the blatant corruption right that deep and wide. I don't know how she feels about his indictment, but it must be vindicating on some level.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El_Bujo
This post was updated on .
More updates as I read and learn more..

- MZ’s original nickname amongst the narcos was “El Cocina” or “The Kitchen/Cook”. VZ would later be called “El Camarero” or “The Waiter”. No details were stated as to the origin of the names but I imagine it has something to do with putting food on a lot of tables. Then again, MZ is known to have many businesses tied to agriculture and produce as well, also stated in the book (no specific names of course).

- MZ has ties to all corners of the world, as we know. One of his first confidants was a Cuban by the name of Antonio Cruz Vasquez, who was once an underling to Fidel Castro himself. Makes me wonder if MZ helped at all when Castro and Che were training in MX before overtaking Cuba!

- MZ fell in love with VZ's mother, Rosario Niebla Cardoza, when they were both 13. Despite the numerous other women in his life, Niebla will always be number one. She was known for being tough, even at a young age; and according to the MX Gov, she is known to be running many of the legit businesses.

- MZ first met El Chapo, or his Compadre as he says throughout the book, just before the war with AFO. Speaking of which started with the killing of El Rayo. Apparently after a meeting in GDL amongst Mayo, Azul, Amado, and AFO resulted in peace as they declared no retaliation against Ramon.

- After the killing of El Rayo, many attacks were happening to MZ and Chapo’s clans and the suspicion always fell on Ramon. Meeting after meeting however, AFO would deny responsibility and Mayo had no choice but to keep peace.

- The spark that ignited the war with AFO was NOT the Palma decapitation, it was instead the first attack on a Zambada family member direct. When VZ was 16 years old, and living in TJ, he went to go pick up a girlfriend of his who was visiting from Los Angeles. It was at this point a mysterious van approached with armed men demanding VZ get inside. He went with instinct and instead ran into his car which was armored at the time. Despite being shot at numerous times, the armor saved his life and he made his escape.

Ramon would once again deny all responsibility, but it was the last straw, it was time for war.

Ignore the links on the image below but they appear to be of him during those times.. (16-21 y/o)

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El17
Thank you for the summary.  I appreciate it.  I'm going page by page  with Duo Lingo.  It's good practice for learning Spanish.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

A story I loved from the trial, his testimony, was when he was in TJ with Amado Carillo, meeting with Benjamin, and was kind of hiding or lurking in the kitchen, at maybe 15 or 16 years old, and Benjamin lost his temper.

Said, I'm going to kill you and your families, and Amado and Vicente left immediately to the airport, in a taxi, and didn't go back to the hotel rooms.  When he got back, his Dad asked what he was even doing there.

Re: El Traidor: El Diario Secreto Del Hijo Del Mayo

El_Bujo
You are very welcome, and I am glad it is appreciated!

P.S. does the 17 in your name have anything to do with a certain figure from Forcella? ;P

J, there was that and yet ANOTHER attempt on VZ’s life that I left out previously. How can anyone not draw the line and protect their family? With the Arellanos, it apparently got _very_ personal and without a doubt they appear as the initial antagonists...

I can see now why this book hasn’t been fully reviewed to the American public. There are some HEAVY and specific political accusations that shine a new light on historical events today. Those I will leave out for now, as they are major spoilers and if anything, will alter your views should you believe them entirely.

Either way, craziest thing I’ve read thus far is that between 1977-1982 both MZ AND VZ were living in Los Angeles (that’s right, California). This was the first focus on legitimate businesses for the family,and first I ever heard of any CDS member actually living outside MX for such a long time!

Warehousing, distributing, production, retail; the Zambadas eventually mastered the arts of trade, legitimately. Mayo at this point was presenting himself as a successful farmer from MX and had the Midas touch, to say the least. Every company they had would flourish in months, if not days, and it was not due to illegal means. Yes, they were still involved in the narcotics trade at this time, but there was just as much (if not more) focus on legit gains.

Upon learning more and more about how distribution in the legitimate world worked, MZ & Co. began monopolizing on owning all facets of trade.

They produced the agriculture, they processed and packaged the foods, warehoused them, then controlled everything from logistics to local distribution chains as well. One company went from being worth $1.7mil to $170mil in just 27 days. From meats to dairy to fruit to cattle feed to the trucks that delivered the goods, MZ & Co. prospered from it ALL. BTW at this same time was when they got into the currency exchange business, which MZ became quite infamous for (see his Wiki).

Everything was riding high for the Zambadas until the turmoils from the AFO began..

Still reading through the actual war itself, but nothing new that hasn’t been reported on this site and board.

Enjoy for now!

One Love to All & Most Importantly, Chivis!