“El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

“El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

leChef

César Eduardo García Martínez, aka "El Pollo", was arrested yesterday afternoon in Monterrey and transferred to Tamaulipas during the early hours of today.

Tamaulipas authorities confirmed Reynosa's Morning to the arrest, after the news ran through the different social networks.

García Martínez is in the process of being linked to respond for crimes of illegal deprivation of liberty or kidnapping and extortion; charges for which the state issued an arrest warrant and for which he was arrested.

“El Pollo”, criminal and witness of the DEA in the case of Yarrington, became famous after being the closest hitman of the drug trafficker Osiel Cárdenas Guillen, and then being recruited by the PGR in charge of Marisela Morales and by the current attorney Justice of Tamaulipas Irving Barrios Mojica.

García Martínez is part of the most wanted group of criminals for whom a large reward was offered in Tamaulipas; and who is linked to the Northwest Zetas Cartel.

It was in Tamaulipas where he formed as a hitman and criminal and operated a group of Reynosenses whose way of acting and organizing, constituted as the 'Poster of Protected Witnesses'; all of them with the common of their origins of criminal families; "The Chicken" was the one who recruited them.

They represented the ordeal of many, evaded the criminal justice system and corrupted the testimonies of those who arrested; they were the tsar of lies that paraded through the different courts of Mexico and the United States where they "manufactured" testimonies in dozens of key cases.

García Martínez, a 41-year-old native of Nuevo Laredo, lived in Texas; He was one of the closest collaborators to the boss Osiel Cárcenas Guillen and the lawyer of the former prosecutor Sergio Guadalupe Adame Ochoa, who had the responsibility of fighting the Gulf cartel.

He recruited informants, many of them today in Texas enjoy the advantages of "betraying" criminals, although many of those testimonies have been "fabricated."

In not a few testimonies on the web, the authorship of these informants of the so-called "Chicken" can be deduced and who under the pseudonym "Óscar" in PGR files became very recently involved in the well-known case of Yarrington in the United States, against who appear other key testimonies of friends of the "Chicken" and for incorporating them into the "system", as was the case of Rubén Ignacio Cavazos.

César Eduardo maintained a romantic relationship with the sister of the former boss of Matamoros Óscar Malherbe and identified as Marbella Malherbe with whom it is said he even procreated a son, although he is legally married to Mónica Falciola who was even exposed to the domicile of both in San Antonio, Texas with a value of almost 400 thousand dollars.

With it, the 'network of witnesses' was established, which constituted and recruited several Reunosenses among them Margarito Peña Lucero, Rubén Ignacio Cavazos (involved in the Yarrington file), Dionisio Flores Peña, Miguel Ángel Barajas, Mario Lozano Tijerina, Javier Hernández, Jorge Guerra, former federal police, among others.

In the accusations of the "Pollo" there are constant mentions of a DEA agent identified as Artemio Cantú who is even mentioned as a relative of one of the Informants identified as Mario lozano, included in this network of "manufactured Witnesses".

Source:
https://www.latarde.com.mx/mipais/detienen-a-cesar-eduardo-el-pollo-delincuente-mas-buscado-en-tamaulipas/759010

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

leChef
He was Tango 95 back in the day.
MX

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MX
Thanks for sharing! This guy is definitely an old schooler. Apparently he was part of the Tamaulipas State Police for some time (most of Osiel's bodyguards were from the state police, contrary to popular belief which makes us think most were Zetas / ex-commandos).

It's interesting he's connected to Óscar Malherbe. Word in Matamoros says he’s out but may not live in town. Some say he lives in Toluca since his family used to stay there for extended periods when he was in Almoloya. I received info through Mexico’s Transparency Law that Malherbe was convicted for weapon charges (could not get confirmation about any drug charges). His daughter Sahira just opened a restaurant in downtown Matamoros called La Marina Marisquería. Yet to visit but food looks good!
MX

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MX
BTW. This should be on the main page.

We don’t get a criminal from the late 90s / early 2000s who worked with original Zetas and Osiel’s guard arrested every day ... he’s mentioned in Ravelo’s books so he checks out.

Thanks again for sharing and translating, leChef!

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MaxiMillian2k19
Yeah I did also read, that in 1997 most of the policemen in Reynosa acted as death squads for Osiel Cardenas Guillen
Ex-Military Zeta phase came out later.. Osiel didn't even had idea about what kind of force he was about to create
.

MX

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MX
Right? This dude looks like he could be your friend’s uncle or a neighbor you say hi to when you bump into him at the store.

Moral of the story: you never know who you’re messing with!

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

Yaqui has had it in draft since last night I don't know why she hasn't posted as yet

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

Thanks, MX. Maybe he is next on your project list?

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

Siderno
muy fino very inteligente se paso mucho tiempo en Calabria
MX

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MX
With all the new info coming up about El Pollo, I can probably create a decent bio. But I usually like to wait for the dust to settle a bit to see if I can confirm the prison they are sent to, what charges are officially confirmed by the judge later on (i.e. auto de formal prisión), and/or see if there are any writs of amparo.

There are so many kingpins now that journalists don’t follow up to see if / when these guys get convicted. Back in the day it was more common for journalists to follow-up on imprisoned folks. Not anymore unfortunately.

I just finished the bio of Gilberto Barragán Balderas, former Gulf Cartel plaza boss of Miguel Alemán. Same problem I just explained above. The guy was arrested in 2011 but I have not been able to find anything on his conviction/status. He’s wanted in Washington, D.C. so I’m sure we will hear if he’s ever extradited.

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MaxiMillian2k19
This post was updated on .
I remember seeing pictures posted in 2011, where it appears to be five mutilated Zetas and one manta where it said "El Pinche Mamito" signed by Gillberto, I guess it was his threat against El Mamito alias  Z-7 and his men moving into Miguel Aleman

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MaxiMillian2k19

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

@MX: You are right. One trick though is to search for amparos launched by the accused, as they tend to fire those away through their lawyers.

Regarding Balderas, good bio as always, but he was Metro 18. Maybe worth mentioning?

Didn't R-1 wanted to be selected as an Candidate for being Miguel Aleman Plaza boss after Tocaya's arrest? Which ended up with pre-M3 death Metro-Rojo low hostility
MX

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MX
@Max: Thanks for the source. I've added the info to his bio and added additional sources. To answer your question about R-1, as far as we know, he was overlooked as the Reynosa plaza boss during an organizational restructure, and was given La Frontera Chica while Samuel Flores Borrego ("Metro 3") kept Reynosa. This pissed him off because that meant that Metro 3 was higher in the hierarchy. You may find this source I archived a few years ago useful.

I've come to the conclusion that R-1 felt he deserved Reynosa more than Metro 3 because he managed a large South American supply chain and was quite successful at it for several years. U.S. indictments from the day seem to point out that R-1 was a big deal in linking the Gulf Cartel with people down there.

@leChef: Thanks for heads up. I've added his alias Metro 18 with an appropriate source.

Anyways, sorry for getting off topic. Glad El Pollo's story made it to the main page!

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MaxiMillian2k19
This post was updated on .
Oh my bad, I thought it were R's that controlled Miguel Aleman
It seems for me that M-3 was eager to make Reynosa plaza to fall into his hands, Which eventually triggered his own fall and CDG Zeta unity fail as whole
MX

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MX
Do you know where R-1 was based out of before he was officially handed over La Frontera Chica? He was born in Ciudad Mier but I have no idea if he operated there. It seems like he was never part of an established "plaza" like Metro 3 and pretty much everyone else. Maybe he lived in Central or South America or traveled there often and missed out making stronger bonds with plaza bosses. Reynosa has also been historically run by ex-cops (Caramuela, Metro 3, El Puma, etc.), so that must have been a factor too.

I heard that he did started out with Zetas in Nuevo Laredo, and I heard that he did even publicly hang one of the captured El Chapos Sicario back in the days.
I even heard that R-1 did also practiced in Private Property theft in CD Mier and Rio Bravo, and that it was one of the hot zones in Tamaulipas back in 2010

Re: “El Pollo” Viejo CDG, most wanted criminal in Tamaulipas, arrested

MaxiMillian2k19
The information also exist that R-1 gave orders to Los Zetas and lead them after Osiel was imprisoned
12