El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

redlogarythm
EL UNIVERSAL, by Manuel Espino.
The daughter of the Michoacan kingpin and leader of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel (CJNG), Jessica Johanna Oseguera, was detained this afternoon in Washington, in the context of his brother´s Ruben Oseguera (aka El Menchito) court hearing, said the family´s attorney Victor Beltran Garcia.

In a telephone interview with El Universal the attorney affirmed that the arrest warrant was issued on February 16th 2020, for the crime of operating with ill-gotten gains, commonly known as money laundering, a charge from which she had been exonerated in Mexico previously.
``This issue started and went on here in Guadalajara, Jalisco, through a judicial relief that was simply granted to her. The public prosecutor (PGR) tried to review it but the Third Court of Appeals confirmed the relief sentence which affirmed that this madame has her own businesses, pays her taxes and didn´t operate with oll-gotten gains, much less organised crime assets´´
The attorney claimed that this issue was solved with the Mexican authirities back in 2018 and that´s the reason for Jessica Johanna being captured in the US.
He accused both Governments of scrambling lies against his client whith whom he maintained contact during her brother´s Ruben extradition process.
Beltrán assured that his client is no more on the Treasury Department´s black list as owner of businesses connected to organized crime and money laundering.
The Treasury Department connects Jessica with businesses related to the CJNG, such as a tequila business, a sushi restaurant and some more in Jalisco.
``This Madame has no businesses in the US, thare´s nothing against her in this country, I don´t know why they intrude and invade the sovereignty of the country, why they try to invent novels to create a crime taht hasn´t been commited in order to prosecute her in the US´´
Consulted in this regard the US Justice Department declined to make any comments.

This text has been obtained and righfully belongs to El Universal newspaper

We must remember that this woman was designated back in 2015 as the owner of onze black tequila and a sushi restaurant chain known as sushi lounge (with at least 100 restaurants in Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara and 1 in Vancouver) as one of the members of CJNG/Los Cuinis laundering network. CJNG´s star attornet Victor Beltran Garcia (who himself is designated by the OFAC as owner of several businesses laundering money for the cartel) was able to obtain a judicial protection for her and thus, she was exonerated from the crimes she was being accused of. If the US has detained her for laundering money it must be because of this old charges (although Jessica Johanna is not currently indicted by the OFAC) or because new charges have been raised against her, although we don´t know them. One thing es sure: after the son and the daughter the most logic movement would be to go against El Mencho´s wife Rosalinda Gonzalez Valencia, who is at the middle of the money laundering network working for CJNG.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Wow, what a week

I wonder why she was taken into custody at the courthouse, and not upon her arrival to the US, if she was under indictment.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Delta80
I have a feeling she landed in the USA before the warrant for her arrest was issued (less than a month ago).

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Had the same thought, she was living in the US before, but why not arrest her as soon as the charges were unsealed?

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Delta80
LE probably didn’t have the intel on the location she was staying at. These people don’t like to leave footprints, I’m sure she wasn’t living or staying in a home that was under her name.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/dual-us-mexican-citizen-arrested-violations-kingpin-act

Charge is not even money laundering, it's a violation of the OFAC sanctions from years ago, which is thin, really thin, but Mencho is squarely in the sight of the harsh glare of the entire Justice Department narcotics section, and the president.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Mica
Even if it is thin, she will not be granted bail and her trial would be no sooner than 6 months and last a few weeks. Not very fun for a narco queen and it would certainly interrupt the money washing.  She supposedly took a much bigger role after the Cuni arrest a few years ago.  As J stated, it’s been a very rough week for Mencho.  Who knows, maybe he will make a mistake during this family turmoil.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

They can put together something stronger than that, if they want, I would think, or just hold her based on the indictment, yes, I imagine she won't be eligible for pre trial release, but she is a US citizen, they will say the same thing the prosecutors said about her brother, he has no known assets or life here.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

redlogarythm
The businesses for which La Negra has been captured were designated in September 2015, nearly 5 years ago .
(https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/20150917_cjng_entities.pdf)
The US has waited nearly half a decade to capture Jessica Johanna although she was a US citizen who visited the States frequently. It´s obvious they have had several previous opportunities to make the capture before Febreuary 2020. Why did they decide to wait until now if they had the evidences and the accused person at hand?

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

El Guero
It sounds like she wasn't all that hard to find.  My question is why Marro never found her and cut her pretty little head off for what he did to his sister.

I'm not a fan of those videos but that one would be great knowing Mencho was watching the same thing he had subjected so many other and truly innocent parents to.

I'd watch that one a couple dozen times and wouldn't even turn the volume down like I normally do.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Delta80
@guero

She fell into US law enforcement’s lap. She would never venture into territory controlled by marro. Marro has zero reach into Jalisco, he’s holding on to what little territory he has left in gto.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

I am not sure that is a healthy disposition man.....jesus.

The timeline to me, seems like this,

December 2019 it goes to a grand jury, so the ausa Marlon Cobar, who is the top DOJ dangerous section is trying to secure an indictment, my guess is they filed early, under the most basic charges, because they heard chatter she would fly into the US.

So, they file the indictment under seal on the 13th or 17th, and a few days later, she shows at the courthouse, and they arrest her.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

There is a photo of her as an adult in this link and the article said she was arrested while attending her brother’s court hearing. https://nationalpost.com/news/world/daughter-of-mexican-drug-kingpin-el-mencho-arrested-in-u-s-after-she-attends-brothers-court-hearing

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Ricky Churches
Having the daughter show up to his court hearing sure removes doubt that he is "not son of Mencho"...

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Yah no kidding good point!

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

I keep waiting for an actual photo of her to appear.

Not even a leaked mugshot?  Where’s TMZ?

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

oner

Saw this a day or so ago. just thought someone else would be on it.

https://news.yahoo.com/daughter-mexico-drug-lord-el-175200131.html

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

oner someone else was already on it but you and Mica must have missed my post above as I said her photo was in the link (along with an article).It is the same photo but we will keep this 1 up as you don't have to hit a link to see the photo.The only thing I'm wondering is if the photo is authentic.It does say Mexico government photo so I"m thinking driver's licence or from a previous detention but something Chivis said in a comment on Mainboard about a widely circulated photo of her being fake and there was not a photo posted of her on the Mainboard articles of her except the blurred out version of her as a kid so we will keep them up for now unless we hear otherwise.

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Mica
sorry, I thought this was not her.  But this is her is the consensus?

Re: El Mencho´s daughter captured in Washington

Don't know yet Mica but maybe someone can weigh in here who's in the know like MX or Chivis??
12