“El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

“El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

stevectpa
http://www.proceso.com.mx/445601/detienen-a-el-meno-operador-del-cartel-de-sinaloa

BY PATRICIA DAVILA , JUNE 28, 2016

MEXICO CITY (approved) .- The Attorney General's Office (PGR) reported that members of the Federal Police and members of the Criminal Investigation Agency (CIA) arrested Hector Manuel Avendano Ojeda, El Meño , wanted in the United States for crimes.

El Meño , alleged operator of the Sinaloa Cartel, is the brother of Martin Avendano Ojeda Guadencio -lieutenant of Ismael Zambada Garcia, who controls a network of drug distribution and money laundering based in Culiacan, and also facilitates the import of drugs to the U.S.

In October 2011, the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) reported that Martin Guadencio, his brothers Hector Manuel and Sergio, along with two accomplices located in Mexico, were named "Foreign Narcotics Kingpins".

The director of that office, Adam Szubin said at the time that the action of the Treasury Department was given in order to disrupt the ability of the network of drug distribution and money laundering headed by Martin Gaudencio and generates funds for the Sinaloa Cartel.

In this case the strategy is to identify and disrupt the financial pathways exploited by the Sinaloa Cartel, Ismael El Mayo Zambada and his lieutenants, he said.

Through the AIC, the PGR complied with the provisional arrest warrant for extradition to Hector Manuel Avendano Ojeda to be processed in the United States for drug crimes.

Along with his two brothers, the detainee has been linked to the control of drug distribution and money laundering.

In a statement the PGR announced that elements of AIC assigned to Interpol Mexico, in coordination with members of the Federal Police of the National Commission on Security (CNS), they arrested the accused in the Sinaloa capital.

Hector Manuel, claimed by the Superior Court of the District of Columbia in the United States, will be admitted to a Federal Center for Social Rehabilitation.

Re: “El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

Mica

This eye protection crap is so strange.

Re: “El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

durrr
Banned User
Woahh, this is a fairly substantial capture for the Mexican gov't no? I mean, I don't have the good old "CDS Roster" sheet (lol) in front of me at the moment but I was under the impression that him and his brothers were plugged in right at the top level and moved some heavy duty weight over the years along with running who knows what else. Granted I'm Canadian pretty much everything I know about cartels I've learned from this site heh. If I'm wrong someone please correct me but I'm ALMOST positive, something about the Avendano Ojeda surname jumped out at me...

Re: “El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

stevectpa
This a little to the US Treasury release when he was designated a Kingpin in 2011.  At the end of the story, there's a link that displays his organization with his brothers:

https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/tg1341.aspx

Re: “El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

stevectpa

Re: “El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

Caught the guy next to him on the org chart.

Mexico City (AFP) - Mexican authorities have arrested a suspected lieutenant of the Sinaloa drug cartel who is wanted in the United States, officials said.

National Security Commissioner Renato Sales said the suspect, Martin "N," was arrested on Friday in Zapopan, western Jalisco state.

Sales said the suspect crashed his vehicle and injured a police officer when he was captured under a warrant to extradite him to the United States.

While he did not fully identify the suspect, Sales said the US Treasury Department declared in October 2011 that the man and his two brothers ran a drug distribution network and money laundering businesses in Culiacan, Sinaloa state.

The Treasury Department identified him as Martin Guadencio Avendano Ojeda, who allegedly worked under Sinaloa leader Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada.

The arrest is a new blow to the Sinaloa drug cartel led by Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, who was recaptured in January after escaping from prison last year.

Mica
Sorry, for some reason thought they were family.  I will edit.

Re: “El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

Re: “El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

Sounds like the US is VERY active in Mexico taking down kingpins and their networks.These 2 look like 'big gahoonas' in the cartel higher ups.I'm sure the Mexican government is not acting alone.It's pressure from the US.Why would Mexico want to shut down their financial networks if they are 'benefitting' but maybe there's more $$ at stake with the Merida Initiative than cartel money and I don't know if that has occurred to the cartels.They just might think it's business as usual the way it's always been done.Maybe this is US's way of eliminating the corruption somewhat.Maybe the wave of the future is bribes is no guarantee anymore and maybe that's a good thing.

Re: “El Meño”, operator of the Sinaloa Cartel is arrested in Culiacan

Mica
Maybe it's because I binged watched Narcos 2 over the weekend, but could this be CJNG turning in CDS?