'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

pilot
No, el mayo and azul did not support to take over el niño de oro, they only keep quiet and don't say nothing they don't say it was ok neither it was wrong that was move from chapo and nacho coronel

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

P@RR@ND3RO
Let me re-phrase myself, when i meant he doesn't go to war "a lo pendejo" is like the idiots from now fighting over a stupid ass plaza.  Azul is more like a napoleon "mastermind/strategic" boss.  He is the one pulling the strings from a low key point.  Chapo/Mayo are more like his puppeteers.
DuR@Ng0

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

Itzli
With all due respect what you are saying is in the ballpark, but from my understanding from my own research this is not quite what happened.

Following "El Chapo's" escape from jail, there was a meeting in Cuernavaca that created the Federation. Among those attending were Alfredo “El Mochomo” Beltrán Levya as representative of Juan José “El Azul” Esparragoza Moreno, Vicente “El Viceroy” Carrillo Fuentes, Armando “El Maradona” Valencia Cornelio, Ismael “El Mayo” Zambada García, and Vicente “El Vicentillo” Zambada Niebla.  The purpose of the meeting was to redefine the maps/regain control of the networks of drug trafficking and the control of the plazas and the police commanders. Another objective was to end the remaining structure of the Tijuana Cartel and end the growth of the Gulf Cartel.

At that time Los Chachos were one of two gangs that controlled Nuevo Laredo. Los Chachos were also partners of Armando "El Maradona" Valencia Cornelio, leader of the Milenio Cartel. However, an agreement was reached in February 2002 by the Gulf Cartel with Los Chachos, allowing two tons of cocaine to go through Nuevo Laredo, upon payment of “derecho de piso”.  Jorge Eduardo “El Coss” Costilla Sánchez was placed in charge of the shipment with support of Los Zetas.  However, Los Chachos attempted to have them arrested, leading the Gulf Cartel to plan the assault of Nuevo Laredo.

José Dionisio “El Chacho” Román García and top lieutenant Juvenal Torres Sánchez were assassinated in Monterrey in May 2002 by the Gulf Cartel and control of Nuevo Laredo was assigned to “El Coss” and “El Lazca”.  Los Chachos reorganized under the command of lieutenants José Angel Fernández, Raúl Emmanuel Cárdenas Castillo, and Edgar "La Barbie" Valdez Villarreal.

Following the arrest of Osiel “El Mata Amigos” Cárdenas Guillén in March 2003, Los Chachos were asked to rent 15 to 20 houses for the Milenio Cartel in order to fight for the plaza of Nuevo Laredo though the operation was delayed due to the arrest of “El Maradona” on August 15, 2003, forcing the hitmen to arrive in small groups throughout that year. At that point "El Barbas" took command of the effort to take control of Nuevo Laredo, with "La Barbie" of Los Chachos as his point person.

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

Tuko
Bjeff wrote
I have six helicopter gunships when you need them .
Could these be the same gunships that took out Macho?

"Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself." -- Lao Tzu

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

aliasrojo
Itzli that's awful good info there.
Curious to hear what you think about el mayo being above el chapo. I know it has been confirmed that el azul is mayos godfather into the business.

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

Itzli
My personal opinion is that they are truly equals. Both were members of the Guadalajara Cartel. In the early 1990s, "El Mayo" and "El Chapo" allied due to their mutual displeasure with the Arellano Felix brothers. When "El Chapo" was arrested in 1993, he left "El Mayo" as caretaker to his operations. We see in the Flores brothers testimony a level of independence between the two. I don't see one above the other, I actually see two cartels with a level of overlap.

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

aliasrojo
I know that at the time of chapos arrest he was part of the Juarez cartel, when arrested he had a .38 1911 handgun better known in Mexico as a 'super' with the initials ACF(Amado Carrillo Fuentes)on the grips. But not too long from that point el mayo, amado and los arellanos were conspiring against him because according to amado he was getting too powerful and was backing away along with el guero Palma. I've also heard that al guero lo pusieron. Most likely the own Juarez or los arellano.
Yea I also read their testimonies and I got that same impression. I would see them the same way but now I'm starting to believe that its more like mayos faction the one that calls shots, all the rumors over at sinaloa and now mireles. Is it a coincidence? Putting the pieces together gets very difficult.

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

elcienporcien

Re: 'El Mayo' Zambada offered to support self-defense group

adam3