El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

el coyote was arrested after 40

of your list only two are trusted by 40

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

Itzli
I had removed "El Coyote" from my lists in the past due to that very reason, however, I have read multiple times that he is active and assume he was somehow released from prison.

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

Maddy
Why does the pic that's next to his face, dressed as a cop, say Rogelio Gonzalez Gza? GZA means Garza, not Pizana.

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

more4you594
Rolando also not Rogelio on the id

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

Bjeff
@NAJ and more:
It is an alias, and the ID might not be fake, but he was a fake cop. In a 1990's article in the Brownsville Herald it said that he worked with a man called Carlos Gonzalez Gza, which I believe was his own alias, and he was arrested with a fake police ID after killing or torturing an opponent, cannot remember. He seems to have been running his own drug smuggling operation back then, possibly paying higher up.

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

El"H"
i remember the rumors coyote was released yes

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

elGrifo
Says here he was arrested 2004 and released 2014 so he served 10 years not 6

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

La Flama Blanca
I know Los Zetas are "franchises" essentially, and they have to kick money up to regional bosses and commandanes to remain being zetas.  My question is, is there a large semi organized cell of Zetas somewhere in Tamps. that acts as a sort of national headquarters that all the "franchisees" answer too?  My Z knowledge is that they are semi independent cells, but there has to be at least some level of organization in order for them to operate in such a large area (yet probably shrinking soon) of Mex.

So Whoever the new Face of Los Zeta will be, is going to be the head of their largest most powerful cell. correct?

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

Mexico-Watcher
NAJ wrote
He killed an AFI and got only 6yrs?..wow. I wonder what was that cause for his case to be reviewed and given a reduced sentenced, oh maybe a bribe. Maybe. But oh well. These kinds of cases give them narcos influence to work with impunity.

Hopeless Mexico! Yeah, I agree about the "bribe" theory.

As many experts have noted, the Mexican Criminal Justice System and political realms are thoroughly corrupted.  So, you can bet that lots of "under the table"  money changes hands with the arrest of high level Mexican crooks (including politicians and government functionaries).  Deals are struck well before we citizen "smucks" (pendejos) ever suspect.

BTW:  I suspect the "fix" was in from even before the arrest that led to prison.  I suspect the "fix" precedes all arrests of high-level cartel members.  One day, in the future, Chapo Guzman will see freedom long before he deserves it.

P.S.  Similar things happen in the USA but in a more sophisticated level.... basically, it is all a "smoke and mirrors" world when it comes to powerful and well connected crooks everywhere.  Funny how witnesses and files disappear, people develop memory problems, judges give calculated verdicts, lawyers make mistakes (on purpose), etc., etc. ad nauseum.

Mexico Watcher

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

spike151
Proceso are now running an article on El Kelin, quoting amercian intelligence sources, that have confirmed to them that El Kelin is now in charge of Los Zetas.

"“Los informes de inteligencia que tenemos sobre Los Zetas indican que sería El Kelín quien reemplace al Z-42 como líder de la agrupación”, comenta a Proceso un efectivo de una de las agencias de seguridad del gobierno estadunidense, quien tomó la llamada telefónica del corresponsal a condición del anonimato."

Y agrega: “Pero desde la caída de Heriberto Lazcano Lazcano, El Lazca, y la captura de Miguel Ángel Treviño Morales, El Z-40, Los Zetas dejaron de ser un cártel con poder y control territorial. Omar Treviño Morales intentó recuperar lo perdido y no lo logró; por eso creemos que difícilmente podrá volver a ser la organización tan temida que fue antes”.

De acuerdo con un correo electrónico enviado al corresponsal por otro agente de inteligencia de Estados Unidos –quien también pidió omitir su nombre–, Los Zetas llevan mucho tiempo operando como una agrupación “satélite”, sin el dominio que poseían antaño.

Según los informes de inteligencia de las agencias estadunidenses, Los Zetas son ahora un “grupo criminal pequeño” que se dedica más a la extorsión, el secuestro y la eliminación por encargo de miembros de otras agrupaciones que trafican drogas al menudeo. “Dejaron de ser una amenaza para los intereses del tráfico de drogas de grupos como el Cártel de Sinaloa, por ejemplo”, enfatiza el mensaje electrónico enviado al corresponsal.

The intelligence information that we have about Los Zetas, indicates that it will be El Kelin who replaces Z42 as leader of the group, said an Security Agent from the American Government, who agreed to talk to Proceso on the condition of anonymity.

He added, since the fall of El Lazca Los Zetas are a cartel without the ability to control their territory. Omar Trevino Morales intended to retake what was lost, but did not achieve it. Because of this we think it will be difficult for Los Zetas to return to be the organisation it once was.

According to an email sent from another intelligence agent from the United States who wished to remain anonymous, Los Zetas are operating like a satellite operation, without the dominance they once had.

According to the intelligence agents of the United States, Los Zetas now are a smaller criminal group, commited more to extortion, kidnapping and the killing of other groups who are trafficking drugs. They have stopped being a threat to the interest of drug trafficking organisation like the Sinaloa Cartel for example, emphasises the email sent to the correspondant.

Original article in Spanish at Proceso

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

spike151
If you read my reply, I did not say he served six years, I said his original sentence had been reduced to six years. Since he had served ten of his original sentence, that qualified him for instant release due to time served.

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

Hope you are right on that 2nd last sentence Spike.

Re: El Kelin or Z2 Possible new Boss of Los Zetas

spike151
Me too
12