El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

El Regio
'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

October 26, 2011 7:34 AM
The Monitor

The nephew of imprisoned Gulf Cartel kingpin Osiel Cardenas Guillen was arrested by U.S. authorities in Port Isabel during a traffic stop.

Rafael “El Junior” Cardenas Vela was arrested Thursday night by Port Isabel police and was later charged by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents with immigration charges as well as possession and conspiracy to possess narcotics with intent to distribute, court records show.

As of Tuesday night, Rafael Cardenas remained in federal custody.

Cardenas was pulled over while he drove in a personal vehicle with an attractive woman, a local law enforcement official confirmed.

Rather than get an infraction, the Matamoros plaza boss was arrested in what appears to be a larger operation that had been targeting him. Cardenas, also known as “El 900s,” is also the nephew of the late Antonio Ezekiel “Tony Tormenta” Cardenas Guillen.

At the time of his arrest, the younger Cardenas tried to pass off a passport identifying him as Pedro Garcia Gonzalez, court records showed. Once in custody, Cardenas was interviewed by ICE agents, and he admitted to having been involved in the transportation and importation of marijuana and cocaine into the U.S. for several years.

One of the drug loads he admitted to was larger than 5 tons of marijuana.

After the death of his uncle, Cardenas continued to climb the ranks but was kept in line by some of the older lieutenants, who tried to help him lose his short fuse and rash behavior, said a source outside law enforcement familiar with organized crime in Mexico. The lieutenants were grooming Cardenas to be the “heir” of the cartel.

Cardenas was one of the main lieutenants who incorporated the usage of road blockades to keep authorities at bay during shootouts.

The source said Cardenas had been staying in the U.S. on and off.

Cardenas had been known to hide at a house in Brownsville near the airport, where a short shootout took place July 8. The shootout was reportedly carried out by a team of Zetas who clashed with Cardenas’ guards, seeking to capture or kill Cardenas. The shootout reportedly lasted 15 minutes with no casualties.

http://www.themonitor.com/articles/gulf-56037-arrested-port.html

http://www.jornada.unam.mx/ultimas/2011/10/26/7323458-detienen-a-sobrino-de-osiel-cardenas-en-texas-diario

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

DaBlueLine
This only spells more trouble for the beleaguered Gulf cartel. I'm not sure where it was, but I read that el junior wanted to be elevated to cartel chief once Tony tormenta was killed, but El Coss took control.

My guess is that cdg will split into two groups, the question is, which faction will join the zetas and which will get absorbed by cds.
>>A conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly sits.
Woodrow Wilson<<

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

Jack S. Shaw
so long commandante 900.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qytUnXRBuE

i think el coss has los metros on his side while R-1 and the reds wanted cardenas in control?    someone put the finger on cardenas location in the US.

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

El Regio
Yep... so now that CDG is imploding we should see CDS or Zetas take over. Both are evil ruthless bastards.

Re: CDG Commandante Guerra killed

anyone hear this?

IN VALLE HERMOSO TAMAULIPAS?

Re: CDG Commandante Guerra killed

Jack S. Shaw
I dont think he was a major player.  i read he was trying to make a move, which he is probably the one that had metro 3 killed and starting this huge rift.    I dont think they have too much on him.   He was associated by name, the fact that hes spilling the beans on past shipments tells me hes talking because hes scared.   I dont hink this guy was an actual CDG capo.   I think he was in for some connections and associated by name.   I dont think the rest of the cartel took him serious therefore perhaps he had to kill a big guy like metro 3 to take his spot?

Re: CDG Commandante Guerra killed

El Regio
Buela Chivis wrote
anyone hear this?

IN VALLE HERMOSO TAMAULIPAS?
Hear what?

Reply – El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

rajahdatz
el azul from CDS will fix da problem within CDG

Re: Reply – El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

el Spaceio
CDG will survive because the CIA needs them to protect plaza's from rift rafts after the war.
~~~ I believe in equal rights for every Honest Person on this Planet regardless of Race or Money ~~~

favorite quote "helping to better the lives of others is the greatest of all achievements" http://www.feinsteinfoundation.org/

my email is lostowl@lycos.com

Viva the Law!!!

Re: Reply – El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

Jack S. Shaw
this isnt commandante jr the jefe of the plaza in rio bravo right?   i was reading on a blog that they think it was him but i doubt it.   ive been listening to some songs and commandante 900 is another person that didnt have any plazas

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

Jack S. Shaw
  Los Dementes or los Diablos as they are called in Matamoros which are guards for El Coss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RL3FGDJKps&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-tS55h_cdA&feature=related

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

Why are there so many rap corridos as far as CDG is concerned?  I haven't seen that with any other group.

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

El Regio
lol probably because that is all CDG could afford... those two little retards Cano and Blunt, they suck balls big time!

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

Jack S. Shaw
@ El Regio:
i happen to like cano and blunt. enterprising young men with alot of ambition.  at least they are doing something they love and enjoy.  not many people can say the same.  what have you done in your life that is noteworthy?  you win any grammys?  where do you work?  do you even have a college degree?   before you throw stones my friend, make sure you dont live in a glass house.

Im sure cano and blunt could say the same thing about a guy who whines and talks a big game on a computer message board with no real direction or aim in life.   Im sure alot of people think YOU suck balls Regio

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

El Regio
Jack S. Shaw wrote
@ El Regio:
i happen to like cano and blunt. enterprising young men with alot of ambition.  at least they are doing something they love and enjoy.  not many people can say the same.  what have you done in your life that is noteworthy?  you win any grammys?  where do you work?  do you even have a college degree?   before you throw stones my friend, make sure you dont live in a glass house.

Im sure cano and blunt could say the same thing about a guy who whines and talks a big game on a computer message board with no real direction or aim in life.   Im sure alot of people think YOU suck balls Regio
lol... Jackie, it seems that I have struck a nerve.

Good for them, I'm happy that they are doing what they love, I never said they weren't. What I did say is that they suck balls! =D No I haven't won any Grammys (kind of hard when you don't sing) but I am sure they haven't either and I can almost assure you that they never will.
I work for a Petrochemical company here in the Houston area and yes I have a degree and do pretty well for myself.
One thing I don't need to do is make a fake profile of myself and act like I am some DEA agent, then look for pictures of shirtless guys and pretend I am him. lol that's for damn sure!

Cano and Blunt can say what they wish or believe what they wish, it is their right to do so. =) Just like I can say or believe what I want. I don't know where you get that I complain and whine so much, or the no direction in life when you don't even know me or what I do. I am sure a lot of people do think I "suck balls" but unlike them I don't get my underwear in a wad because I know it isn't true. =)
So run along and play former DEA Agent....
Kab

Ha!
Tex

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

Tex

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

I Grow Mexicos Best Weed
Where is the proof that you work for a Petrol company and are doing so well for yourself........I was always told that if someone is bragging it usually isn't all it seems. For instance you COULD work for a petrol company doing nothing more than cleaning toilets which would allow you to upgrade to the side-by-side refrigerator box as opposed to the 15 cubic foot unit beside you on skid row. That would be living quite well also.

Some come here to read. Some come as a cry for attention and to be recognized in some twisted way.

Re: El Junior Captured!!! 'Heir' to Gulf Cartel arrested in Port Isabel

El Regio
Lol I don't have to prove anything you nor was I bragging. This fake wierdo wanna be DEA agent is the one that brought the issue up so pick up the issue with him if you have a problem.