El Inge sent to USA

Parro
Felipe Cabrera, alias "El Inge", ex-operator of "El Chapo" Guzmán, was extradited this Sunday to the United States

Mexico .- Felipe Cabrera Sarabia, known as " El Inge " or "El Señor de la Sierra", was extradited to the United States , where he will be tried for his alleged role as operator of the Sinaloa Cartel , led at the time by Joaquín "El Chapo "Guzmán.

The Attorney General's Office ( FGR ) reported that Cabrera was handed over to US authorities this Sunday at the Toluca International Airport, State of Mexico, when requested by the Federal Court of the Northern District of Illinois, Chicago, for crimes against health and criminal association.

Also identified as a lieutenant of "El Chapo", "El Inge" was arrested on December 26, 2011 by elements of the Army and sentenced to 24 years and three months in prison in 2018 for the crimes of organized crime, carrying a firearm for the exclusive use of the Army and bribery.

He is accused by the US authorities of having coordinated the importation of tons of cocaine and heroin for distribution in that country between May 2005 and December 2008.

Cabrera Sarabia began his criminal career alongside his brothers, dedicating himself to planting and growing marijuana in the Sierra de Durango, which led to a confrontation with the rival group "Ms" that led him to ally himself with the Sinaloa Cartel.

Source:  https://www.debate.com.mx/policiacas/Extraditan-a-EU-a-El-Inge-exoperador-de-El-Chapo-20200614-0113.html

Re: El Inge sent to USA

This feels like a lifetime ago.
MX

Re: El Inge sent to USA

MX
Nice find, Parro. I have this in our draft already and will post today or tomorrow. I'll look for more sources, too. Thanks for the heads-up.

Re: El Inge sent to USA

Dgo10
The main guy in all of Durango is his brother and family. El 3 jose luis cabrera. Everything is under control.
MX

Re: El Inge sent to USA

MX

Re: El Inge sent to USA

I am serious...many people won't know wh he is/was

Re: El Inge sent to USA

Parro

I tweeted your post (and wk) on twitter and no interest.

then I added below and it is getting action.  people forget, it was 2011 when he was arrested, so if you jjust began following narcos in the last 9 years you may not know what a big deal he was:

I added

Note: U.S. has multiple recordings w/Cabrera making heroin deals with the flores twins....as per Flores sentencing memos

MX

Re: El Inge sent to USA

MX
Thanks, Chivis. I added one of the indictments as a source at the very bottom of the article.

BTW, the Twitter link directs to the article's comment section.

Include this link instead to avoid incorrect re-directing:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2020/06/mexico-extradites-high-ranking-sinaloa.html

Thanks!

Re: El Inge sent to USA

that's great...but most people do not read indictments.  I do, J does, you do, but majority of people do not. so I likef to pull something out of an indictment that is important.  or interesting. even when adding indictments.

I also added his full name in the title for those who do remember who and what he was.  It made a difference on my tweet.  I had it up, and no takes, so I reposted and added as I said

linking to comments is not a big deal it happens often with blogger, it shows the enter post and comments.

Re: El Inge sent to USA

PS...I was only addressing to Parro, the fact that people don't know or have forgotten who he was.

Re: El Inge sent to USA

He was instrumental in those heroin shipments from Chapo's to The Flores Twins, I think, he gave them the load, that the Flores Twins used to bait Chapo into that conversation, "those other didn't come back good---why would lie"?  And Chapo was just like whatever, drop 5 and send the money down here.

a lot of history here!

Re: El Inge sent to USA

Pedro Flores then said, “The problem is not the price. I’m more interested in better quality.” Felipe asked, “What number is the quality? What number is it that you are talking about? . . . .You’re saying that it has a forty. What is a good number?” Pedro Flores responded, “I would say at least an 80, a 60, between 60 and 80.” Pedro Flores emphasized, “What I am saying, just send good ones. Don’t waste time, just send the best that you can.” Felipe responded, “Okay, I understand, I understand.” Felipe continued, “What I am going to do is talk to your father [Guzman- Loera] to see the number he is working with. So that I can send it to you the same. . . . They’re telling me that is the best. But let me check.” Pedro Flores said, “If you have the best and you give the best, I’ll continue . . . . I can even give you an advance.” Felipe responded, “That’s perfect. So when should I send for the check [payment for the heroin].” Pedro Flores said, “Whenever you want.” Felipe responded, “Just give me a number so that I can get in touch over there [in Chicago] and send for it.”

Felipe LNU is El Inge

JGL: Oh....
PF: It was my brother [Margarito Flores].
JGL: Oh, but I’m here at your service, you know that.
PF: Yes, everything is fine. Nice talking to you. Hey look, I’m bothering you because of what I picked up the other day from over there. I have the check ready, I’m not sure if... .I want to ask you for a favor.
JGL: Ask me.
PF: Do you think that we can work something out where you can deduct five pesos [lower the price $5,000 per kilogram of heroin]?
JGL: What did we agree on?
PF: You’re giving them to me for 55 [$55,000 per kilogram of heroin]. JGL: How much are you going to pay for it?
PF: Well, if you do me the favor I’ll pay 50 for them, I have the check ready [if the price is lowered to $50,000 per kilo, the Flores brothers can make payment immediately].

Re: El Inge sent to USA

God I remember this so well...
about sending in inferior H to Mayo...

thanks J

Re: El Inge sent to USA

Also, on the calls was Juan Guzman Rocha aka Juancho, who was interrogated in the now infamous video, and picked up on Chapo's orders.

Re: El Inge sent to USA

Parro
9 years is a lifetime of many people on this forum including me.  I had read that he was a senior lieutenant, head of Durango for CDS and made a lot of transactions into the US.  I learn so much here, due to scholars of this blog.  My appreciation to you, Mica, MX, J, Rediogarythm, and many others, etc. who educate the posters and readers.  I'd say most if not all are Mexico lovers and haters of the corrupt, violent, greedy few.

Re: El Inge sent to USA

Parro
Reputed El Chapo aide makes appearance in Chicago courtroom in trafficking case

By JASON MEISNER
CHICAGO TRIBUNE |
JUN 16, 2020 | 4:49 PM

Nearly a decade after his arrest in Mexico, a reputed top aide to former Sinaloa cartel boss Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman finally faced drug trafficking charges Tuesday in a Chicago courtroom.

Felipe Cabrera Sarabia, nicknamed “The Engineer,” was extradited to the United States last week and is in federal custody in Chicago, according to court records.
Sarabia, 50, who allegedly had overseen cartel marijuana operations in the mountains of Mexico before his arrest i 2011, appeared via telephone before U.S. Magistrate Judge Maria Valdez, court records show.

Sarabia pleaded not guilty to the charges through his attorney, Ralph Meczyk. If convicted, he could face life behind bars.

Asked by the judge if he understood the charges, Sarabia responded through a Spanish interpreter, “I don’t understand anything but I know there will be more court.”
Valdez ordered Sarabia held without bond pending trial.

The indictment against Sarabia, which also names El Chapo and several of his top henchmen, alleged that the cartel used jumbo jets, submarines and tunnels to smuggle massive amounts of drugs into the U.S., much of which was later distributed in wholesale quantities in Chicago.

The cartel members then laundered billions of dollars in proceeds back to Mexico, according to the charges.

Guzman was convicted in New York last year of murder conspiracy and drug trafficking charges and sentenced to life in prison.

Meanwhile, officials had been trying for years to extradite Sarabia, who was considered to be one of Guzman’s chief aides and allegedly headed up security for a large section of the cartel’s operations.
At the time of Sarabia’s arrest in 2011, officials in Mexico said he and three of his brothers had started out as marijuana growers and that Sarabia rose through the Sinaloa ranks by using violence against his rivals.

One of Sarabia’s brothers was killed in a gunfight with soldiers in Durango months after Sarabia’s arrest.

For years, Chicago was the American distribution hub of El Chapo’s vast illicit narcotics network that brought tons of drugs into the city
.
At the top were Pedro and Margarito Flores, twin brothers who rose from the obscurity of the Little Village neighborhood on the West Side to working directly for El Chapo before cutting a secret cooperation deal with the government.

In his testimony at Guzman’s trial in December 2018, Pedro Flores described how he and his brother could barely keep up with the shipments that arrived to the United States via submarine, vegetable trucks and even a load of live sheep.

According to one estimate by federal agents, the twins helped smuggle at least 71 tons of cocaine and heroin and nearly $2 billion in cash.

The Flores brothers’ cooperation also led to the arrest of Vicente Zambada-Niebla, one of El Chapo’s most trusted associates who was recorded by the twins talking about massive drug shipments, obtaining grenades and explosives, and even attacking government buildings in Mexico in retaliation against law enforcement.

Zambada-Niebla pleaded guilty in Chicago and cooperated against his former boss. He was sentenced last year to 15 years in prison.

The Flores twins, meanwhile, both pleaded guilty and were sentenced in 2015 to 14 years in prison. They’re scheduled to be released into the witness protection program later this year.

Tribune wires contributed
jmeisner@chicagotribune.com

[REALLY HARD TO UNDERSTAND THESE PLEA DEALS.  FLORES TWINS IN JAIL FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AT MOST AND THEN TO WITNESS PROTECTION?  THEY GAVE UP CHAPO AND OTHERS FOR WHAT?  AFTER IMPORTING TONS OF COCAINE AND HEROIN.  UNFORTUNATELY, I BELIEVE THAT EL INGE DOES NOT HAVE THAT KIND'VE LEVERAGE FOR BEING LOCKED UP SO LONG.  BELIEVE HE'LL GO LIFETIME BECAUSE HIS INFORMATION IS DATED]

Re: El Inge sent to USA

https://riodoce.mx/2020/06/16/se-declara-inocente-por-narcotrafico-el-inge-en-eu/

‘El Inge’, Felipe Cabrera Sarabia, who was extradited to the United States on June 14 to be tried for the crimes of criminal association, conspiracy and against health, pleaded not guilty Tuesday before a Chicago judge.

According to the Prosecutor's Office, the crimes he is accused of are linked to the distribution of heroin and cocaine to the United States, Eje Central published.

According to reports, if ‘El Inge’ - who served as Joaquín ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán's lieutenant - is found guilty, he could serve a maximum sentence of life in prison.

‘The Inge’ was handed over to the US authorities on June 14 by elements of the Office of the Attorney General of the Republic (FGR) after being detained in 2011 in an operation carried out by the Mexican Army called “Operation Laguna”.
Reports say that Cabrera Sarabia was in charge of the operations of the Sinaloa Cartel in Durango and the southern region of Chihuahua, as well as being the head of security for ‘El Chapo’.
According to AFP, he was in charge of creating links with the Pacific Cartel with the objective of moving drugs to the United States between 2005 and 2008.