El Chino Anthrax

Guero1990
Any word on El chino from Anthrax??? Has he been sentenced???
MX

Re: El Chino Anthrax

MX
No word on him from what I know. He pleaded guilty to drug trafficking in March 2015 and was scheduled for sentencing in October 16 of that year, but his sentence hearing was pushed and his profile was removed from the Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP). His BOP number was 42130-298 (searchable in this link), but his profile is not available anymore.

The U.S. government rarely removes criminals from the BOP database, even if they are released and/or transferred out of federal custody. When a criminal is released, the release date is specified; when a criminal is transferred out of federal custody (to a state facility, for example), the search will say the criminal is no longer in federal custody. What's strange here is that the U.S. government deleted Chino Ántrax's profile. I saved his BOP number in my notes and remember seeing he was detained at the San Diego Metropolitan Correctional Center.

Maybe he was put under the U.S. Federal Witness Protection Program? The secrecy behind this is rather unusual.
MX

Re: El Chino Anthrax

MX
You might want to check out this 2017 post on the mainboard. Chino was scheduled for sentencing again in 2017 after it was pushed in 2015, but the date was pushed once more. Maybe someone can find more info on what happened next?

Re: El Chino Anthrax

El_Bujo
Probably got out the same day as Serafin...

Re: El Chino Anthrax

elgordo
Hes still in hes In a nevada federal prison.... he was on the same yard as a fella from los sitios badiraguato who just got released not to long ago can't say his name cuz he on this side of the border but he was with him in same facility
MX

Re: El Chino Anthrax

MX
Why isn’t he in the BOP database then?

Re: El Chino Anthrax

elgordo
That part I don't kno y but I kno for a fact my source just was released few months ago and he let me kno he was there with him n also said he should be out real soon aswell in the next few years.

Re: El Chino Anthrax

elgordo
It's In nevada or near nevada but then again I'm not sure for a fact just getting info from a source to supposedly be housed in the same facility. N he in the same loop but is weird he not on bop

Re: El Chino Anthrax

texastee
Banned User
What were his charges. I always thought chino was disciplined man and military man. If he made a deal with gov ? They want it quite and maybe that was part of negotiations...aka staying off instagram this time...

Re: El Chino Anthrax

This probably happened after the claim Chapo had a 25K hit on him in prison while in court last month in Chicago.

MX wrote
[...]

usually a prisoner is not on BOP rolls when un-sentenced or placed in Marshalls custody for safety.

He entered his plea agreement in September 2019 but i can't access it because it is still sealed.  which is unusual.  for example Vicente's was available long before his sentencing

 the sentencing has been postponed a half dozen times it is currently scheduled for next month see below

Re: El Chino Anthrax

My thought is he's been helping  operations to capture Mayo, and that is why his sentencing is continually pushed back.   Providing cooperation to Us Attorney office in San Diego, they still want Mayo, badly, and Rafa.  Who is the prosecutor now?

 Matthew Sutton has replaced Adam Braverman, who was the lead Sinaloa cartel prosecutor, he served as interim US Attorney for San Diego, under Sessions, and now is a deputy assistant attorney general under William Barr.  He has been nominated for a federal judgeship in San Diego.

Re: El Chino Anthrax

Mica
But does Chino have any valuable information still?  I would think all his information is stale by now.
MX

Re: El Chino Anthrax

MX
Well, Chino was the head of Los Ántrax, which protected Mayo’s clan. I’m sure he has a lot of info about the family and their assets.

Re: El Chino Anthrax

Also, some of the heavy hitters from Operation Narco Polo that were never brought in, Aquiles, Cheyo, Chavo Felix, but, given that the US Attorney who prosecuted that case had moved on from the USAO, it's likely Chino was cooperating with whomever leads the Mayo operations.

If anyone read Hunting El Chapo, there was a separate DEA team in La Paz launching operations to arrest Mayo, using SEMAR.