El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

Mica
USA Today

The wife of notorious drug kingpin Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán is making her reality TV debut months after Guzmán was sentenced to life in prison.

VH1 announced Monday that Emma Coronel Aispuro, 30, will appear on Season 2 of the network's docuseries "Cartel Crew," which follows the lives of cartel family members.

Aispuro, a former beauty queen, will open up "about her life after El Chapo and her upcoming business venture," the network said in a press release.

In a sneak-peek clip, Aispuro meets on her yacht with Michael Blanco, the youngest son of Griselda Blanco, who is infamously known as "Cocaine Godmother."

"She goes, 'We would like to meet with you about business,'" Blanco recalls of a conversation with Aispuro's attorney ahead of their meet-up.

Guzmán, 62, the former co-leader of Mexico's Sinaloa drug cartel, was convicted in February on a variety of charges, including trafficking hundreds of tons of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines and marijuana to the United States. He was sentenced to life in prison in July.

Aispuro was a regular spectator through more than two months of testimony during her husband's trial. She shares 8-year-old twin daughters Emali and Maria with Guzmán.

She is scheduled to make her first appearance on "Cartel Crew" next week.

Contributing: The Associated Press, Kevin McCoy

Re: El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

Certainly a new generacion in la mafia, though it isn't like she is going to reveal anything, but flaunting this in front of the US, and exposing her family, is just incomprehensible even 10-15 years ago.

La Barbie, Chino Antrax, among others changed all that.

I watched a few minutes, months ago, and it was nauseating, to say the least.  They aren't "cartel" anything, just living, or not living of the cartel proceeds, because those shows are known as the last point of the desperate.

Re: El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

So true J

She is going to be promoting her new business venture, which is the reason she sought out being involved with the show.

Re: El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

Mica
Chivis any idea on her salary per episode?  I know some of the RH wives and Jersey Shore cast make $250,000 an episode. Personally, I think it will be shitty but there is an audience for it.

Re: El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

Shows like Love And Hip Hop pay not all that much, aside from the principals, though the likes of Emma Cornonel will likely be very well compensated, as an extra special guest, or whatever branding they will use.

Re: El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

El Guero
Why is it that in the civilized circles of Mexican society the wives of Narcos are off limits when their husbands rape, torture, and murder the wives and daughters of so many thousands of innocent men.

Call me whatever you'd like...I simply dont care.  I would love to see her suffer a similar fate to that of her husband's victims.  At a minimum to see her locked up.

Even Menchos wife is given carte blance.  And she's anything but innocent in the affairs or her husband and family in general.

Chapos wife gets to prance around Hollywood like Kim Kardashian.  What a joke.

If the US govt treated her like the wife of some major level black drug dealer she'd be in a USP somewhere in Kansas or Georgia....
Things must get worse before they can get better

Re: El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

NEW HERE

Re: El Chapo’s wife, Emma Coronel Aispuro, set to appear on VH1’s 'Cartel Crew'

blanco puro
this will be entertaining to see, but neither of the 2 are cartel, they are just trying to bank off their associations. if you are cartel you make money by pushing drugs not reality tv.