El Chapo Speaks

Mica
Rolling Stone article with new video http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/el-chapo-speaks-20160109

Re: El Chapo Speaks

ToPHeR

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Mica
Actually the Rolling Stones is the main piece  http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/features/el-chapo-speaks-20160109

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Cuidado
WOW

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Cuidado
At 25 seconds in you see an armed man walk by in background.  Almost looks like a member of the Mexican armed forces. He is wearing camos.

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Trump701

Re: El Chapo Speaks

It's one thing to hear the corridos about Chapo's childhood and how difficult it was. To hear it straight from the horse's mouth is disgusting. The "poor me, I had no choice" mentality.

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Cuidado
Who says hella? So stupid.

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Incredibly bizarre and kind of oddly irritating to have Hollywood celebs sit down with Guzman Loera, for the purposes of entertainment....People who have very little perspective on the entire drug wars and the people involved....poor taste I really think...and incredibly poor judgement to do this, but shows the level of impunity he (assumed?) he was operating under....

Re: El Chapo Speaks

and crazy I remember the open letter Katie Del Castillo wrote to Chapo in like 2012/2013, seeing he should use his power for good....that is why he trusts her

Re: El Chapo Speaks

EscondidaPlayas

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Maddy
Ya mámo Sean Penn. No doubt in Chapos mind that he's the reason he was caught..

Re: El Chapo Speaks

You are right but he was treading on sacred ground there so had to be careful.I was impressed though by his journalistic abilities ie.the way he put it together the story not the interview.It was great storytelling without a doubt.

Re: El Chapo Speaks

I was not impressed.  soft ball useless questions and as for his abilities don't kid yourself, RS sent it through the editing team

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Cuidado
Exactly Chivis, how could Sean Penn not better vet himself regarding the drug scene in Mexico?  He could have asked some really good questions that would have gave us some insight into Chapos thinking.  Like why did you go to war with Juarez, did your men kill Ramon, do you stay in contact with El Mayo or RCQ, is Azul alive and was he your friend, did you rat out Botas Blancas and Mochomo?  There are countless great questions he could of asked.  I dont think I would have gone into the hornets nest without knowing some simple facts about Chapo and his men, from the sounds of it Sean Penn didnt know much of anything.

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Yes those are all good questions to ask for us followers but you have to remember the general public doesn't know who Azul and Mayo are and most layman don't have a clue he went after TJ plaza and that's why the violence.It was an interview from the layman's point of view.He also had to be careful what questions he asked or he wouldn't have got the completed videotaped interview sent out.He would have got nothing or worse.

Re: El Chapo Speaks

Mica
I think having the picture as proof is amazing.  It seems that maybe Chapo's boys where more impressed with the actor and convinced the meet.  I did not know the brothers worked in his presence, so It must have been a special arrangement for them.  I also think the boys picked out the "Hollywood" silk shirts that Chapo had on.

As far as the questions, they where softball in nature.  That seems expected, it's not like Sean could go all Bill O'Riley on him on his first meeting.

The Mexican government announced today that they want to speak with Sean Regarding his interview.  That tells me the US found him and told them afterwards how they located him.

Also, the home belonged to a one time boxing champion.  His response was something like, "think God I got out safe."

Do you think it's a coincidence that Barbie cut a deal the day before the capture?  I am sure Barbie will testify against him.

Re: El Chapo Speaks

J. Stewart
Coul`d Edgar La Barbie Villarreal actually have something fresh to testify about, regarding Loera Guzman?
I mean, it must be like 8-10 years old stuff.
And Loera Guzman can even the score by telling a lot about Barbie as well?

But maybe gov. see Loera Guzman as the most wanted fish and therefor pay more attention to what La Barbie might can unfold.

As you say Mica, the timing for/if La Barbie is making a deal the day before El Chapos arrest is odd. And I don`t believe in coincidents either. BUT...the eventual deal was publiced the day before El Chapo was busted and that implies the Marinas and US gov. already was sure of getting El Chapo. So did gov. already knew El Chapos whereabouts (and sure of his arrest) or was it, after all, a lucky strike in timing to leak a possible plea bargain to the newspapers..??

The whole thing with El Chapos arrest stinks, including the interview...

Re: El Chapo Speaks

J. Stewart
So it wasen`t to be like an documentary movie? If it was to be just another actionmovie I agree with you! That woul`d only be like insulting to mexican people if it was scheduled to be a actionmovie like any other Hollywood film.
And I also agree with Canadiana that most of, for example, Europe don`t even have a clue what`s going on in Mexico! For most people Mexico is a wonderful place to have vacation in and some great soccerplayers like Rafa Marques, Carlos Vela and Dos Santos brothers.

It sure woul`d be nice if someone was interested in making a documentary about the daily life of the ordinary mexican!
12