El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

Background story video:  http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6974504

Chicago-Margarito Flores, American drug trafficker turned informant and gave details of a plan to attack the authorities of both countries, said that Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman and his staff planned to recruit U.S. troops returned from Iraq and Afghanistan for such attacks .

The testimony of this dealer based in Chicago, along with evidence filed on Thursday before the trial to be held next year, details aspects of traffic operations performed by the cartel Sinaloa , And their violent methods.

The documents focus on the case against Jesus Vicente Zambada-Niebla, whose father controls a faction Sinaloa Explains how the cartel used submarines, airplanes, trains and tunnels to smuggle tons of drugs to the United States.

cartel used submarines, airplanes, trains and tunnels to smuggle tons of drugs to the United States.

The cartel Sinaloa has expanded rapidly through violent battles with rivals and has intensified its operations worldwide in a decade, since his elusive boss, billionaire Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, escaped from a Mexican prison.

Flores, who along with his twin brother distributed up to 2 tons of cocaine per month in Chicago before agreeing to work as an informant, met with Guzman and other leaders of the cartel at a mountain site in Mexico, in October 2008, says the document .

The informant told police that Guzman and his subordinates allegedly planning to recruit U.S. troops returned from Iraq and Afghanistan to operate rocket-propelled grenades and bazookas for use against targets in the U.S. and Mexico, according to documents.

The plan was developed after the father of Zambada-Niebla, upset by the arrest of his brother Jesus complained that Mexico is "leaving the gringos (Americans) do anything. All you need is attempting to extradite him, "say the reports.

The attack would be a "message to the Americans" and it was contemplated against the U.S. consulate in Mexico City, although other targets would include government buildings, some means of communication or a U.S. television network. It was then that Zambada-Niebla Flores asked him to contact American veterans to see if they could help with the weapons he wanted.

When Flores was preparing to board a plane and go, Zambada-Niebla again pressed about the ammunition. "I want to fly some buildings," he had allegedly said.

The data obtained by the informant are dealing with more serious evidence obtained so far against Zambada-Niebla, who was arrested in 2009 and extradited to the United States last year. The defendant could spend the rest of his life in a U.S. prison if convicted of a series of drug-trafficking charges.

Prosecutors say they will call 10 informants who were involved in operations to "large scale" drug-trafficking trial Zambada-Niebla.El Zambada-Niebla is scheduled to begin Feb. 13

Indictments:
http://www.justice.gov/opa/documents/abl-indictment.pdf

MundoNarco
US Justice Department
ABC News
Chicago Times

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

ArmChairIntellect
I read the indictment a few weeks back and it reminded me of a poster on boderreporter before the site went dead.  His handle was rabbit and he offered some truly intriguing insights regarding what happened to him and the problems associated with "protected witnesses."  I don't believe these two are telling it like it is, what they said was most likely highly exaggerated.  Not that Mayito doesn't deserve whats coming to him, but what these guys are saying is for their benefit not for truth or justice.  It all part of the theatrics of this political war, not that it isn't fascinating, and thank you for covering it.  But I feel its important to take into account how our government sometimes does not represent what the American people believe is true justice, sometimes it fabricates parts of cases just to obtain a conviction.

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

DURANGO1
Funny i read this article in my morning paper....i think they were just blowing smoke on the soldiers part. From what i know i never seen these guys at the clubs, here in illinois you can spot the movers at the clubs...im guessing these guys were probably handpicked to be turned up. I dont believe they met chapo or Mayo they would never allow them to get close. Story seems a little fishy, like maybe trying to get a victory to deflect attention from the govts supposed involvement with the cartel and arms supplying. who knows? trying to keep up makes your head spin..

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

Reg & ArmChair

I agree, I am suspicous of anything the captured narcos say.  But the gov does require proof or the "rat" program would be useless.  I thought to myself, why soldiers?  What could they accomplish that gang recruits could not.  But, on the other hand it could be true, and perhaps because of the training being current it would be useful in an attack.  I don't know, but I thought it was worth posting.

I read the indictment last year and thought some of you may want to refresh your memory by reading it.

At first glance I called BS but again, one never knows

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

Windycitykid
Club scene from 2001- mid 2004 b4 they were indicted in Milwaukee Wi 2005. Look up the article about Saul Rodriguez in the suntimes it has links to proffer were the twins are mentioned being victims of ripp off crew from 2003 - 2007.
"Great minds have purpose, others have wishes" - Washington Irvin

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

DURANGO1
Thanks for the info i started clubbing about 2000 but i was to naive to see that...they probably werent flashy like some other chicago wanksters lol. That rodriguez i had read it but didnt see the connection. now that i think about it there have been many mysterious murders here in the chi that arent solved wonder if theyre interconnected with the drugs...

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

MANO
Llorando se fue, la que algun dia me hizo llorar.

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

DURANGO1
Too late for that ya lo hicieron en torreon, interesting Santiago is literally on fire....people from mountains shooting up cars going by, someone has someone by the throat. According to street theyre shooting for cars or anything they can get, no actual target just random...also rumor has it some levantados are in panama lmfao.

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

i found a few articles

Here is one

Re: El Chapo Planned to Recruit Returning Soldiers for US Attack

AND ANOTHER HERE