El Azul, El Mayo, history

el Jesse James
Im curious to hear what people know of the history of these 2. Has Mayo always been mostly independent before CDS. Was he working alongside the CAF then somehow switched to buddy up with Amado? Thats how Blancornelas made it seem. "Now this guy Zambada... if this were baseball, Mayo Zambada would be playing for the NY Yankees" - A quote Ioan Grillo referenced Blancornelas as saying.

--How did Azul figure into this? He was always CDJ up until like 2002/2004 when he became a emissary/partner with Vicente and boss of CDS???? Obvioously it appears Azul followed Chapo/Mayo to CDS(or should I say decided to let them operate and became not the boss of CDS but the one who pulls the strings??? At one point DEA thought Azul was gonna be next leader del CDJ. Smart move that he didnt I guess.. Really wish there was more concrete info on the moves Mayo and Azul were making in the 90s.

Also, Azul is dead? I remember when El Chayo was "dead" also LOL and you cant tell me any mofo from LFM/CT is anywhere near as smart/experienced or as powerful as El Azul. I doubt theres anyone in the underworld who holds so much sway over so powerful a figures as Caro Quintero, Mayo, Chapo, Beltranes, Viceroy, and half the friggin gobierno.

Thoughts? Anyone who knows the plays Azul and Mayo(as well as Chapo) were making in the 90s, please share. Curious to see what sisk kid, deelucky, and ChapoDamaso have to say.

Slightly off topic: deelucky, sisk kid, and ChapMaso, whats your personal opinions of Fidel Duran the journalist? Wish he was a contributor here, would love to hear some of what he has to say on topics like this. Ioan Grillo as well, if you see this please contribute. I know you follow time to time. Would love your input sir!

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

navojoaspuro

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

mr.browntown956
Thought he "died" from a heart attack? Wasn't there surveillance footage of him supposedly at a hospital/ clinic? Azul and mayo have been and always will be top dog, old school narcos. If you wanna last you gotta keep ur head down and live out your days in hiding.

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

elrojo
Info on el mayo is very scarce and el azul more so. El mayo was introduced to the drug business by his brother in law el diablo back in the 70's who i believe is the dad of his nephew recently killed. El diablo at this time was working alongside el azuls faction. In other words el mayo started off as part of el azuls faction which explains his low profile seeing as how he was mentored by him. Its more like el mayo followed el azul. El azul i believe is more like a cognsiliere to el mayo an the rest of the sinaloa factions. El azuls introduction in to the game is something i dont know about even though there are rumors but none are confirmed. One things for sure though he has pretty much always been a boss even around names like ernesto fonseca, miguel felix gallardo and rafael caro quintero. At this point his empire had already been established.
Another thing is that back when azul got locked up in 1988-1993, el mayo looked after his empire and family. That should give you an idea on how close these two really are.

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

elrojo
Another thing which is quite interesting is the partnership or compadrazgo between el mayo and baltazar diaz vega. Now this guy el balta was the mentor of miguel angel felix gallardo aka the godfather and later bacame his financier. Now just think about the weight of power that comes being a compadre of this guy and later on absorbing his faction once the guy passed. I think we can all agree on the fact that mayo is very powerful and now more than ever.

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

el Jesse James
What do you think of Fidel Duran, ChapoDamaso? Hes a good reporter or no?

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

elrojo
Fue “El Diablo” Parra uno de los hombres que introdujo a “El Mayo” Zambada en la década de 1970 al mundo del crimen organizado, ya que era abogado de Juan José Esparragoza Moreno, “El Azul”.

Fuente: http://zetatijuana.com/2016/08/27/sobrino-de-el-mayo-zambada-fue-ejecutado-con-cuerno-de-chivo-procuraduria-de-sinaloa/

Esto es algo que ya se a sabido por anos. But the cuban thing is interesting. Any idea how that came about?

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

deelucky1
Azul was supposedly creamated he had like 10 funeral's that don't make sense .one of the good reasons for azul  faking his death is because U.S feds approached him to turn himself in also  his daughters and wifeys bank account got frozen the next frozen assets where going to be the daughters prestanombres husbands but he died .mexico not making his death official and evrybody running away from the question is he dead.they know who he is how would they not know .he made his first half million dollars with don neto and caro investing money he is not the trafficker type .mayo has followed his footseps in investing also but he is no stranger to trafficking mayo likes to invest in livestock and somehow he delivers both to the U.S that has not been discovered

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

navojoaspuro

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

mr.browntown956
Could he have had ten funerals to throw off authorities? But that makes it seem like he did die and his fam wanted to confuse ppl. Doesn't el Quinto mes own a plant that produces milk throuhout Sinaloa ? Wonder how the Gringos don't know about that.

¡tRuCHAS!

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

deelucky1
Funeral with no body just the spirit in there sense.they are the authority it's the dumb gringos they're hiding from!

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

elrojo
Mayo also has alot of money invested into mcdonalds in sinaloa and certain places around that state.

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

elrojo
The guy made his fortune just like all the players in mexico trafficking. Once youve made a certain amount of money then you invest it into legit business's in order to launder the proceeds which we all know. Thats why mayo invest in livestock. The next step to trafficking is becoming a financier. Not as stressful.

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

El_Clayton_Kerhsaw
Leche Santa Monica, that's been known for a long time.

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

Yeah it's called Mc.Mayos

Re: El Azul, El Mayo, history

deelucky1