'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

IVAN CHESNOKOV
"How likely is it that El Chuta signed up in the Mexican military with a fake name back in 1979? I find that rather unusual. But I also find it unusual that he wasn't included in the 54-person Kingpin Act designation the U.S. government issued in 2010. Perhaps he retired? Reminds me a lot of Don Zefe, who fell off the radar over the years for that same reason."

There's only  3 Jorge Lopez Perez  homonyms in Sedena's list  http://www.sedena.gob.mx/leytrans/petic/2006/enero/25012006b.html
The first one (this is the timeline that most journalists have used because it is the most recent if indeed that's his real name)
01-OCT-1979  17-SEP-1981
Second one
24-AGO-1960-01-JUL-1965
Third one
07-OCT-1976-10-MAR-1977

Yet as you mentioned before there's another timeline that states he enlisted in the late 90s and deserted in 2000 or 2001?  i remember reading about it somewhere too but don't know how accurate it is.
Something doesn't add up with this OG Zeta, which makes me think he used that name as a fake identity not to enlist but once he became a criminal.

I suspect he's either Wero-74/pata de queso because he was close to Lazcano as also Chuta or Arturo Muro Gonzalez because they look very similar, both practice martial arts , received special forces training(something i will also like to find out about , how do they know chuta was an expert in martial arts, explosive, ambush tactics and special training in the US if Sedena doesn't even know who he is "officially"?)and were federales in the same region and time as Z1 and Z3. Plus Arturo Muro Gonzalez is also on the Kingpin Act (even tho he claims he was innocent since 2007) and from his business photos he does look like he indeed received more than just basic grunt training; the way he stands, his shape and rigid/straight postures is something I see only in former specop/recon or ranger veterans.

@Wolf88 So pata de queso is not Wero-74? Karin Rivera Vega could  a wero/guero nickname too, is not uncommon nickname for lightskin/white mexicans to have but if it is wero-74 then maybe the media got confused and added that to pata de queso as well.
Also, I think I've seen that photo for "chuta" in beliz, heck there was also rumors that he had escaped to Algeria to avoid extradiction (something not really far-fetched since there was also a rumor that Chotorro or Prisciliano Yepis and el Vera were in Spain). But i don't know if he stayed there hiding ever since. But again chuta is or was a "common" nickname , i remember there was another zeta chuta who was not the OG Chuta zeta but a plaza boss who got killed in Tabasco or southern Mexico in 2011 if I'm not mistaken.

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

IVAN CHESNOKOV
Talking about another OG zeta, Prisciliano Ibarra Yepis open a plea to get an "Amparo" or a protection deal that  started in 2013.
http://www.buholegal.com/listaacuerdos/federal/?circuito=5&organismo=174&tipo=expediente&tipoexpediente=1&noexpediente=460/2013
Don't know how to read spanish legal system but from what i understood is that he's pleading for the Mexican federal government to clear his name or status as a criminal.

Seems by 2023 most OG zetas that were not caught after PGR published their names in the  2003 most wanted zeta  list  could legally get off the hook.
MX

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

MX
Mexican legal language is very complicated to read, even for native speakers. It doesn't follow the same structure as the spoken language. From what I understood from the source you provided, Prisciliano Ibarra Yepis issued an amparo requesting the government to prove that the "Prisciliano Ibarra Yepis" they are looking for is in fact him (the requestor). If they are unable to prove it, then they would have to delete his information from the public wanted list. The government came back saying that they had ordered him to make a court appearance, which he never did.

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

You are a great researcher, MX.

A few things:
- Blancornelas wrote that Víctor Manuel Vázquez Mireles (misspelled his name though) was the guy leading the operation against Chacho: http://www.cronica.com.mx/notas/2002/20444.html

- I do not quite see the logic here, say it was true that Z1 threatened his boss and disagreed to go after Chacho. Why is the seemingly response a fabricated story about Z9 being a teacher and committed suicide? Would that really settle the dust? I would say the Great BlanCornholio is taking liberties, but why not post the whole article you found in Mexico City in it's own post? Please

If I were to take liberties, I would say the quarrel, if there were one, centered on Alvin and him being killed in the operation. I would think that Z1 also were present in the kidnapping as they were not that many zetas at the time. Perhaps it was more of a zeta image deal, that zetas were invincible and were not killed in cowardly ways.

If I remember correctly, this was the second zeta ever killed, Traca being the first one in 2001. He was also spinned as a suicide, I dunno if it came out with his real name and affiliation, but if the second also was a suicide, under Z1, it seems a start of a pattern and perhaps a policy.

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

Ivan: Martiniano de Jesús Jaramillo Silva cannot be Jorge Lopez Perez because Jaramillo Silva was embedded in Cartel del Golfo even before los Zetas came about. Lopez Perez was working for the Juarez Cartel and after his immediate boss was arrested, he got persuaded by El Kelin to join the gulf cartel.

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

IVAN CHESNOKOV
Yea after Magaña o metro1 was arrested.  But the one who officially introduced him with the CDG was Jesús Albino Quintero Merez "El Beto" (who was released from prison in 2014 by EPN).

"Jorge López alias "El Chuta", conocedor de la plaza y con un amplio historial delictivo que inició en nuestra entidad al amparo del hoy recluido Alcides Ramóm Magaña alias "El Metro", es el heredero de la célula conformada por "Los Zetas", quienes acorralados en varias entidades del país han escogido a Quintana Roo como su nuevo centro de operaciones.
Y es que "El Chuta", antes de unirse al peligroso grupo armado del cártel del Golfo, militó en la célula del Sureste, extensión del cártel de Juárez que dirigían aquí, "El Metro" y Albino Quintero Meraz alias "El Beto".
A través de este último capo, Jorge López logró enrolarse con el cártel del Golfo, luego de la detención de Alcides Magaña en Villahermosa, Tabasco.
Su ingreso a esta importante banda criminal ocurrió luego de que rindiera valiosos frutos en sus operaciones realizadas  en Veracruz, de donde huyó en el año 2000, luego de que aprehendieran a Albino Quintero Meraz por un grupo de las fuerzas especiales del Ejército Mexicano en exclusiva zona residencial del mencionado puerto.
Ese mismo año, se traslada al vecino estado de Yucatán en donde coordina el trasiego de cargamentos de cocaína colombiana, apoyado por cómplices nativos de dicha entidad hasta el año 2003, cuando por la presión que ejerce el Ejército para detenerlo, se traslada a Tamaulipas en donde lo recluta Rogelio González Pizaña, "El Kelín", pues Jorge López conocía a varios de los integrantes de "Los Zetas" cuando prestó sus servicios en el Ejército Mexicano, en el cuerpo de fusileros paracaidistas que tiene su sede en la base militar número uno de Santa Lucía, Estado de México."
http://losapuntes.blogspot.com/2004/11/cancn.html

So he was working somewhat "independently" in cancun coordinating colombian cocaine for the CDG until 2003 when the army started to hunt him down and he escaped to Tamaulipas (matamoros i presume) where Kelin enrolls him with los Zetas.

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

leChef
@Ivan: Could be, or Metro 1, they were in regular contact with the Gulf Cartel way back, as they flew in cocaine trough Tamaulipas.
MX

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

MX
@leChef: Thank you! And welcome back.

Below is the direct text I used as a reference to write a lot of the info for El Alvin's Wikipedia page / BB Forum post. It covers his death cover-up, the alleged conflict between Z-1 and Osiel, and more.

It was published by Blancornelas in Diario de Monterrey (2003), titled "La PGR busca a un muerto". The article is only available in print and was retrieved from Mexico City a few weeks ago (see here for the periodical's details). It's in Spanish, no time to translate (sorry in advance admins) but I hope this helps:

De piedra fue la cama, pero no la cabecera. Tenía colchón. Y él estaba acostado a la derecha. Boca arriba. Cabeza sobre blanca almohada. Poquito volteada su cara. Lado izquierdo. Como si estuviera en siesta. Vestido. Pantalón de mezclilla. Cinto abrochado. Desfajada la camisa dejando ver camiseta medio percudida. Zapatos con gruesa suela engomada. Tipo explorador. Colcha revuelta. Cabellera negra. Un mechón tapaba el boquete del disparo entre las cejas. Pistola en la mano derecha. Recamara con 11 cartuchos. Casquillo cerca del buro. Encima botas de cerveceros, algo de crack y pequeno atadijo cocainero. No habia mas en el Cuarto 22 del Hotel California, Clasico de paso. Carretera Lauro Villar. Kilómetro 13. Frente al ejido El Logareños y cerca de Matamoros, Tamaulipas. Descubrieron a este difuntito el 13 de mayo de 2002. Casi a las tres de la tarde. Homero Alonso Terán empleado hotelero fue a llamarlo. Es que el alquiler se venció 50 minutos antes y no desocupaba el aposento. Y es de cajón. A muchos huéspedes les ganan las copas. Se hartan de placer. Los envuelve la flojera y ni con despertador. Al no recibir contestación, Homero abrió …

Modesto Rodríguez encargado del hotel nunca supo nombre y apellidos del finado. — Cómo muchos llegó en taxi y ni siquiera le di importancia. Personal de la Procuraduría revisó el cuarto. Esculcó ropas y encontró documentos. Credencial universitaria tamaulipeca. Licencia defeña para conducir. Las dos a nombre de Ramón Esparza Torres. El Bravo, periódico de Matamoros, publicó la nota escrita por Martín Castillo. Fue la más destacada en la página policíaca: Se suicidó de un balazo. Pero el muertito no se llamaba Ramón. Era Raúl Trejo Benavides El Alvin.

Pistolero estrella de Los Zetas. Tampoco se suicidó. Lo mataron en Monterrey cuando su jefe Osiel Cárdenas ordenó el secuestro de Dionisio Román García El Chacho. Arturo Guzmán Decenas era [El Zeta 1]. Hizo gran berrinche al saber que murió El Alvin. Se lo echó en cara a Osiel porque tampoco estaba de acuerdo con levantara El Chacho. Un testigo contó que le dijo: — O arreglas esta bronca de Dionisio y Alvín o te entregamos al ejército.

El mismo informante recordó ... fue de las pocas veces cuando le entró el miedo a Osiel.
Por eso comisionó a su abogado Galo Gaspar Perez Canales, ahora un numero mas en la Palma. Este hombre arreglo el suicidio. Para armar el teatro y la hipótesis le ayudó Plácido de Jesús Martínez, comandante ministerial en Matamoros. Y por más que le hice la lucha no quiso dar nombres de … tambien unos periodistas.

Osiel de todos modos saco provecho al episidio. Matando a El Chacho le dejo ver a los mafiosos que se apoderaria de Nuevo Laredo. Pero dio trató diferente a Raúl Trejo El Alvín. Hasta lo velaron en Funerales La Paz. Algunos de Los Zetas estuvieron entrada por salida. Y enviaron el cadáver a Villahermosa.Tabasco. Pero Osiel no perdonó a Guzmán Decena.

Se apalabró con Heriberto Lazcano Lazcano y Ornar Loméndez Pitalúa El Mono Zonzo. Un día llamaron por teléfono al ejército. Se hicieron pasar por ciudadanos ofendidos. Reportaron que en cierta casa estaba Guzmán Decena haciéndole el amor a una de sus amantes. Que había cerrado las calles y no lo aguantaban. Los soldados lo pusieron en su mira. Cuando salió quiso enfrentárseles y terminó muerto. Eran las jugadas de Osiel. Por eso bien le bautizaron El Mata-Amigos. A cambio de tan trágica misión Los Zetas fueron premiados. Unos controlando la escolta cercana a Osiel. Otros manos libres para comerciar marihuana y cocaína en Ciudad Alemán y ciertos lugares de Nuevo Laredo.

Filtraron la versión era profesor y se suicidó por razones sentimentales. Fue velado en la Funeraria La Paz y enviado a su natal Villahermosa.Tabasco.  Pero el miércoles 18 de junio, este año, me sacudió un anuncio de la Procuraduría General de la República. Reforma lo publicó ...ofreciendo una recompensa a quien proporcione información sobre el paradero de 37 desertores del Ejército que se convirtieron en asesinos a sueldo de Osiel Cárdenas Guillen, ex jefe del cártel del Golfo. Se aseguró que forman la banda conocida como Los Zetas. ... Llamé a varios amigos para confirmarlo en Reynosa y Matamoros pero no encontraron ese nombre en la funeraria.

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

leChef
Thanks MX. Blancornelas writes well and in a convincing way because he drips details from the scene etc into his story. I wonder why they wanted to cover it up.

I got a request for you, MX. Is there any chance you could dig up info on Arturo Pedroza Aguirre using your skills? He should have a wikipedia entry, and is one of the most interesting characters, in my opinion, from that time.

Here is what I got and it ain't much:
Feb, 2002: 2 tons of coke through Nuevo Laredo
http://www.jornada.com.mx/2005/07/10/mas-najar.html

May, 2002: Chacho killed in Monterrey
http://www.jornada.com.mx/2005/07/10/mas-najar.html

Aug 21,2002: State Police Commander, Nuevo Laredo
https://norte-monterrey.vlex.com.mx/vid/matan-narco-hospital-nuevo-laredo-78386479

Sep 26, 2002: Shot at in gym
http://archivo.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/91820.html

Jun 7, 2017: Manuel Cavazos Lerma, Tomás Yarrington Ruvalcaba, Eugenio Hernández Flores and Egidio Torre Cantú, had special teams to listen and spy on the most intimate activities of a long list of characters of their interest. Arturo Pedroza Aguirre provided info from C4
http://periodicocontacto.com.mx/confidencial-60/

Jun 23, 2017: How Manuel Cavazos Lerma had Pedroza imprisoned
http://www.despertardetamaulipas.com/sitio/?q=node/44751

Jul 10, 2005: Nuevo Leon Ministerial Police commander, whistled on where Dionisio García was
http://www.jornada.com.mx/2005/07/10/mas-najar.html

May 11, 2004: How El Guerrero los Zetas got killed in Matamoros
https://www.proceso.com.mx/233356/ejecutan-a-cinco-personas-en-matamoros
MX

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

MX
You’re very welcome. Thank you for the sources. I actually just finished writing an article about Idalia Ramos Rangel and was wondering what to do next. So I’ll work on this guy.

Let me do some digging in several repositories and see if I can create a decent bio. I’ll post my findings in a separate discussion. Shoot me an email if you find more stuff. Cheers!

Thank you so much, MX. I hit a dead end there
MX

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

MX
Last post for this discussion, I promise.

Here's a pic of Arturo Pedroza Aguirre that I was able to find in El Norte's archives from 2002. Info on him is very spotty, but I'll keep digging.

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

leChef
@MX: Wow, he looks very different from what I imagined. Devious guy for sure

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

Parro
MX, great work bringing people to life that we talk and read about on these pages.  We appreciate you!

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

MaxiMillian2k19

Photo of El Chuta published by PGR in 2003 year

There's also been anonymous reports on the blog that Chuta is living in Algeria with fortune he made in the Mexico to avoid extradition, and he's been able to get there with the help from the Italian mafia for being half-italian himself

We can count him as being among the latest surviving Los Zetas member of the Cardenas Guillen era, being  alive and standing free, as he had no past reports about being allegedly killed/executed or arrested unlike Gustavo Gonzalez Castro aka El Erotico Z-15
MX

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

MX
Thanks for sharing. Per Ricardo Ravelo, El Chuta and El Mamito were the original Zetas responsible for training new hires in 2002.

The rumor that he's in Algeria first surfaced in Todo Por Mexico forum back in 2017. I have no reason to believe that claim holds any water. I think I agree he may be Proceso Arturo Muro Gonzalez just based on looks.

There is a way to potentially find out about El Chuta's legal status, but I've encountered roadblocks along the way. One can request information through Mexico's Ley de Transparencia and the government is required by law to provide you with information about the case if it is under federal jurisdiction and of "public interest". However, you have to word the petition very carefully, and a tiny mistake or ambiguity is enough to get your request denied. If anyone knows a Mexican journalist with legal contacts / background, I'd be good to start from there. I'm trying to get Don Zefe's birth certificate through someone in the government but it's hard to retrieve such information without leaving a trace...

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

El_Bujo
Maxi, if I may ask how do you know Chuta is half Italian?

If this is true then this absolutely explains a lot; more than likely he is the liaison/ambassador to the Italians.

Don’t forget, Ndrangheta (Italy) moves over 80% of the coke throughout Europe and its been noted for a long time now that they have an alliance with Z/CDN...

Chuta is definitely turning out to be a very important man.

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

MaxiMillian2k19
I'm not 100%, as those reports are just rumors posted by Anonymous users on the blog

@10:02

"I know some OG zetas were really close associates with the 'Ndrangheta (I think el Chuta was Italian Mexican or just part Italian) I wonder if this guy was a 'Ndrangheta associate or man made?"

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2018/04/body-of-italian-discovered-in-morelos.html?m=1

@4:15

"Zetas have deep ties with the Italian. El Chuta got out of mexico with help of the Italians and from Italy he went to Algeria to avoid extradition. Lots of zetas do that."

@6:14 PM
"Althought what you have said was true one has to ask if the zetas are even able to ship o eaurope anymore. And for anyone who knows the game the reason why this man wld be in tamaulipas is so he can get the best price on whatever hes buying from the mexicans and shipping it himself to hes cosca or clan for you simpletons. My question is why mexico. Colombia peru bolivia Venezuela or domican republic you can buy coke or heroin better prices better quality and is a lot safer that mataulipas."

@9:20 PM
"I have a picture of el chuta a current one with a cap. And you are correct he travels between Cancun and Monterrey when he is in Mexico. And when things get hot he leaves to Algeria or Brazil. el Chuta is one of the 14 original Ex military Zetas who is still on the loose.

Tommy Vercetti"

@9:26 PM
not real. Tha only mafia who work with the southamerican is the Calabria (ndrangheta), and buy coca from Colombia, Perù and Bolivia direct with producer. Naples trafficker buy in the North Europe.

@4:53 AM
"post the picture of chuta on the forum or send it to chivis or to borderlandbeat@gmail.com. and if your not comfortable with that how about writing a story? seems as if your in the know. or write your own analysis of the drug war/alliances of cartels etc. anything would be interesting"

@5:33 AM
chivis.martine@hushmail.com put CHUTA in subect line please

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

MaxiMillian2k19
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2017/07/leader-of-los-zetas-in-coatzacoalcos.html?m=1

@10:47

"Jorge Lopez aka el Chuta one of the original Zetas is still out on the loose travels between cancun and monterrey and hides out in Algeria and Italy when things get hot with the help of the Ndrangheta Italian Mafia I saw a current picture of him with a cap on."

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2015/11/z37-zeta-leader-arrested-in-pachuca.html?m=1

@1:23

"el chuta was in prison for a while in zacatecas. you can see him at the end of the video when he escaped in 2009. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DIAa8Ps00MQ"

^
An May, 2009 Prison Break in Zacatecas, happened in the same day when Raymundo Almanza Morales "Gori 3" got arrested in Monterrey, it is believed that Almanza Morales brothers were ratted out by Z-40

Re: 'El Alvin', the Zetas founder whose death was fabricated

IVAN CHESNOKOV
MX wrote
[...]

Actually the Algeria rumor came from some anonymous user in hispachan /mex/ who claimed to be CDG/ Compañia /Z from 2004-2008 and then CDG from 2011 onward (he posted photos of his weapons like an  FN-FAL and other things with a date stamp next to them to show he wasn't full of poopoo). He said the rumor was that el Chuta was in Algeria trying to evade extradition and lying low. Who also claim that el Vera and Yepis (or Chocotorro, i don't remeber well) at some point they were in Spain or Barcelona running things.

But also i remember a few months before CDN/ZVE infighting started some people from Laredo SDR chat said that Chuta and his people were killed a while ago ;thing is they were probably speaking about another   younger zeta Chuta who was killed in Tabasco in 2011, chuta is a very common nickname, that's the problem.
They also said that Chocotorro got demoted and raped by 11 people in prison but  i think is BS.
123