Edgardo Leyva Escandón???

La Flama Blanca
Info on him??  I came across him on wikipedia, he works/used to work for Inge and AFO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgardo_Leyva_Escand%C3%B3n

Re: Edgardo Leyva Escandón???

El Plata
Not much is known of him, but there a certainly some members here who know their shit on TJ and the AFO. Search for the 3 part series on the war for Tijuana of your looking for a fantastic read. I know he is the last of the old school AFO to not be captured or killed. I have a feeling he is probably in a unnamed narco grave some where. Hey Tijuano, will we ever see part 4 of the war for TJ series? It has to be one of the most interesting well done, educating, stories I have ever read on the drug wars in Mexico.
El que a cuchillo mata, a cuchillo muere.

Re: Edgardo Leyva Escandón???

Tijuano
El Plata wrote
Not much is known of him, but there a certainly some members here who know their shit on TJ and the AFO. Search for the 3 part series on the war for Tijuana of your looking for a fantastic read. I know he is the last of the old school AFO to not be captured or killed. I have a feeling he is probably in a unnamed narco grave some where. Hey Tijuano, will we ever see part 4 of the war for TJ series? It has to be one of the most interesting well done, educating, stories I have ever read on the drug wars in Mexico.
Thanks! I have the backdraft for it but A LOT of things have kept me from finishing it, including a lot of bitching from main boarders about it being old info, anyway, Edgardo is alive as far as is known, some time ago he escaped an operation by the Mexican Army in Baja California Sur, there was a story by ZETA tijuana regarding his network and his connections with the Abaroa´s in Baja Sur, that´s a well established family in Los Cabos and La Paz who has been constantly accused of being a cell for the Arellano Felix but the most the US Government has been able to do is to include them in their "black list". Some of them even race yearly in the Baja 1000 off road race and do international fishing tournaments(last one they did was won by BCS deputy state attorney, ha!).

Edgardo is the nephew of Xicotencatl Leyva Mortera, a former PRI governor of Baja California, his family also owns radio stations and other business in the whole peninsula.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Edgardo Leyva Escandón???

La Flama Blanca
@ plata

Thanks for commenting, I have read all 3 of tijuanos TJ stories, they are awesome, i dont remember anything about Edgardo in them though (maybe i just forgot?)

@Tijuano

 Care to to say anything about the Araboas?  Drug trafficking/activity in Cabo (at least to me) isnt really talked about aside from CDS and AFO occasionally being there.  If that makes sense. (I know about Chapo almost getting captured there, Franciscos death, and the other brothers capture).

Re: Edgardo Leyva Escandón???

Tijuano
La Flama Blanca wrote
@Tijuano

 Care to to say anything about the Araboas?  Drug trafficking/activity in Cabo (at least to me) isnt really talked about aside from CDS and AFO occasionally being there.  If that makes sense. (I know about Chapo almost getting captured there, Franciscos death, and the other brothers capture).
They are a family with deep ties in there, they own a Marine store among A LOT of businesses there, they have political and business connection all over BCS, I don´t know how involved they are, they are mostly accused of working on the money side but as I wrote, nothing has been proven against them and they even live a normal everyday life, if you can call it normal to have a trophy truck, anyways.

Not all of them are accused thou, and that´s why I stopped from adding ZETA´s article, I have talked with some of them on the races(not my friends, just race talk) and they seem completely normal to me, not the kind of people you usually think of as a cartel member, what does that tells me? not much really, as they say, nothing in Mexico is as it seems, but that has been my impression with them.

Here´s a google translation on ZETA´s article about them:

On May 7, the Treasury Department of the United States included in its "red list" four Mexicans, identified as "drug traffickers" and linked to the Arellano Felix Cartel (CAF).

These are the main members of a prominent family originally from La Paz, who, according to the U.S. government, responding to the following names:

1 -. Abaroa Victor Manuel Diaz.
2 -. Aristotle Alejandro Abaroa Preciado.
. 3 - Victor Hussein Abaroa Preciado.
4 -. Nábila Abaroa Yolanda Rosa Preciado.

The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the Treasury Department of President Barack Obama ordered the freezing of all property and assets in that country, and banned all U.S. citizens to do any business with members of that clan.

"The Abaroa" as is publicly known in La Paz, are reported as part of a financial network at the service of CAF. According to the Treasury Department they have used their businesses to launder drug money and operate the transfer of drugs to the United States.

The Treasury Department published on its website the list of companies that are owned by this paceña prominent and influential family, among which are the following:

1 -. Abaroa Store Marina, located on Calle Antonio Navarro between Mariano Abasolo and Belisario Dominguez in the colony The Manglito in the city of La Paz, and which sells wholesale paint, paint items and services.

. 2 - Materials and Parts Store Abaroa, located across the street from Mariano Abasolo between February 5 and Antonio Navarro The Manglito in the colony in the city of La Paz, with a branch in Leona Vicario Street between Álvaro Obregón No. 1000 and Benito Juárez in the port of Cabo San Lucas, and which specializes in the sale of materials and spare parts for marine vessels.

The first time the members of this family were overtly marked for being linked to drug trafficking was in October 2009 when the Treasury Department published on its "blacklist" the name of former chief killers of the Tijuana Cartel, Edgardo Leyva Escandon, placed as a cell of money laundering, and who was ligated into business with Victor Manuel Diaz Abaroa, father of Alexander Aristotle, Victor Hussein and Yolanda Rosa Preciado Nábila Abaroa.

The history of Abaroa

In La Paz "The Abaroa" are known publicly as "runners racing off road" and recently as "organizers of sport fishing tournaments" and "narcos", identified by the U.S. government.

To tell the citizens themselves are a very traditional family in town because the head of that family clan, Alejandro Abaroa Martinez known as "Don Cano," was the founder of a pier to repair boats and yachts in a beach area identified as the Manglito, and in which he fathered 9 children with a family line of over 150 children and grandchildren live.

The head of that family died in April 2012 at 78 years old, and whose children are distributed in various parts of the republic and abroad, mainly in the United States.

Some of the longest established as Luis and Alejandro Abaroa, constantly running in off road racing aboard Trophy class powerful vehicles valued at over 2 million, and those with political links with employers and the state.

The other family, like Victor Hussein Abaroa Preciado, noted to be one of the criminals CAF cells, each July, and since 2012, organizes fishing tournaments under the name of his grandfather "Don Cano Abaroa."
Directed by the Secretary of Fisheries and Aquaculture Government of Baja California Sur, Fernando García Romero, and the Director of Fisheries Development, Ceseña Horacio Crespo, according to data collected by Research ZETA, Hussein is part of the organizing committee and who coordinates and promotes skills with prizes of up to 100 thousand dollars in cash.

In the last edition of 2013, the fishing tournament, posted a 31 vessels, and where a clear social work the flesh of the fish caught was donated to the Secretariat for Integral Family Development (SEDIF) led by Mary Helena Hernández de Covarrubias and a portion of the proceeds were donated to the association "includes My World, AC".

The winner of that-time-was nothing less and nothing more than the attorney of Special Investigations of the Attorney General of the State (PGJE), Isaiah Famanía Arias and who ironically, is responsible for investigating crimes as drug dealing.

The public government Marcos Covarrubias Villaseñor Alberto received a prize of 100 thousand dollars in cash from the hand of one of those listed as "narcotics trafficker" and member of the "black list" of the U.S. government, Victor Hussein Abaroa Preciado, and which captured a 44.90 kg sailfish aboard the vessel "Minper"

The award was in the "The Bismarkcito" restaurant seaside Malecon of La Paz, and where the crime cell of CAF and Marcos Covarrubias Villaseñor officer, celebrated and chatted yet.

the signs

Regardless of your relationship with Edgardo Leyva Escandon, "The Abaroa" were the main suspects have protected the former leader of the Tijuana Cartel, Francisco Javier Arellano Felix "El Tigrillo" when constantly hiding in La Paz PGR and DEA, which-according to the testimony of self-offender provided the vessel "Doc Holiday", after the August 14, 2006 the crime boss was captured near the island of Espiritu Santo in La Paz, along with Arturo Villarreal Heredia "The Nalgón" and 10 others.

Although officially, the U.S. government said publicly that the leader of the Arellano Felix was captured in international waters, the then head of the State Secretariat of Public Security, Adam Ruffo Velarde, said that was around the island, but then recanted.

An official of the PGR said ZETA that the truth is that all this time the extended family has carried the stigma of the Cartel Arellano Felix, and go and hide criminals to La Paz, which until recently had become a paradise of impunity and complicity in the presidential administrations of former governors Leonel Cota Montaño and Narciso Agúndez Montaño.

The following is the list of criminals CAF cells arrested in the state of Baja California Sur:

. 1 - August 14, 2006 is captured the leader of the Tijuana cartel, Francisco Javier Arellano Felix Espiritu Santo Island in La Paz.

. 2 - June 7, 2007 was arrested Alfredo Collins Ortega "El Gordo" in Fidepaz fractionation of La Paz, and who was identified as one of the main killers of Jorge Briceño Lopez "El Cholo" and chief cells of the organization criminal.

. 3 - March 12, 2008 he was arrested Gustavo Rivera Martinez "P1" or "Gus" in the town of Los Barriles, along with Marcos Assemat Hernández, Antonio Moreno Herrera and Pavel Kulisek, and who was identified as head of escorts Enedina Arellano Felix and took a leading role in the criminal structure.

. 4 - January 12, 2010 is captured Teodoro Garcia Simental "El Teo" or "Tres Letras" in Fidepaz fractionation of La Paz, a former member of the Cartel of the Arellano Felix and cell-then-the Sinaloa Cartel .

. 5 - February 10, 2010 are captured Eduardo García Simental "El Chiquilín" Raydel Lopez Uriarte and "The Crutches", brother and successor of "El Teo" and chief of the criminal thugs, respectively organization.
Abaroa Teodoro Garcia Simental-link

The final resting place of former kingpin Teodoro Garcia Simental "El Tres Letras" was sold just by the wife of one of the members of the clan of "The Abaroa".

It is the owner of the missing boutiques "Tity's" and "Sonia's" Judith Sonia Alvarez Torres, and who, according to his own saying-sold the residence where the drug trafficker was captured at 5 million pesos.
The first to go see what it was that had happened, when the rumor of the capture of a capo ran into his old house-wife was Alejandro Abaroa, and who on February 28, 2008, entered into a purchase in presence of the Notary Public No. 8, Alejandro Mendoza Cevallos in La Paz.

Under the contract the property was in the name of Arturo Trinidad Castro Hernandez, who, by the way, broke away from "El Teo" and partner of José Alejandro Abaroa Geraldo, whose property is located in an area of 838 square meters and has 484 meters of construction, and that the crime boss, reportedly paid 2 million pesos.

The property was registered on June 11, 2008, under the foja 116 volume 374, according to documents from the Public Registry of Property and Commerce in La Paz.

Today we know that Judith Alvarez Sonia Torres, from the beginning was aware of who had sold his former residence, and as in all cases, was silent, and protected the identity of who had less.
Investigated in the United States alone

Officially, the members of this drug family are investigated only in the U.S., because in Mexico, enjoy total impunity and the only time they were arrested, they were released almost for not against any criminal charge.

On August 7, 2010, "The Abaroa" were arrested, when the Mexican Army tried to capture the former head of assassins of the Tijuana Cartel, Edgardo Leyva Escandon, and by whom the U.S. government is offering a reward of $ 2 million.

The crime boss was present at the wedding of Sonia Judith Alvarez Torres and Jose Alejandro Abaroa Geraldo in a mansion in the town La Ventana, according to a police party, when some residents reported hours mobilizing a convoy of trucks and luxury cars latest model sport with armed men, and which had come and had gone to a home.

The troops were mobilized during the early morning to the area, when they learned that among the guests of the party was Edgardo Leyva Escandon, but the criminal leader was alerted and escaped. One of the guests-of-this party Edgardo Leyva Escandon said the wedding was "The Abaroa" and it was impossible to ignore because it was the center of attention of the hosts.

First out of the mansion near 5am-Abaroa was Victor Manuel Diaz, his son Victor Hussein Abaroa Preciado and his girlfriend, who alerted the rest of the guests that the area was surrounded by municipal police and military , so some vehicles began to leave and approached "lawsuit seeking" a catch point as a strategy to distract police and soldiers.

As expected, in the brawl were arrested "The Abaroa" but Edgardo Leyva Escandon drug lord, managed to slip away, and his capture was frustrated.

Those arrested that day were the following.

1 -. Abaroa Victor Manuel Diaz
. 2 - Victor Hussein Abaroa Preciado
3 -. Aristotle Alejandro Abaroa Preciado
4 -. Enrique Abaroa Diaz
5 -. José Luis Díaz Abaroa
6 -. Geraldo José Alejandro Abaroa.

The first three included in the "black list" of the United States and which were transferred to the command of "Los Olivos" and after checking your data and run the series in the "Platform Mexico" were clean of any case , so they paid a fine of 70 thousand pesos each and were released.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Re: Edgardo Leyva Escandón???

La Flama Blanca
Geez. That was much more info than i was expecting.  It sounds like Baja Sur is as active as anywhere else in Mex but for some reason it seems somewhat 'off the grid' compared to anywhere else in the country.