Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Mica
Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’
Daily Star

Joaquin Guzman, 62, was jailed for life earlier this month after a highly publicised trial in the US.

He was found guilty by a jury in February of trafficking tonnes of cocaine, heroin and marijuana while head of the Mexican crime syndicate.

Chapo has now been transferred to the US Penitentiary, Administrative Maximum Facility in Florence, Colorado, where he will spend the rest of his life in solitary confinement.

With Guzman now out the way, ex-partner Ismael El Mayo Zambada may ignite a civil war for control of the organisation.

The ailing drug trafficker, 71, is one of the last remaining members of the original Sinaloa Cartel, having evaded the authorities and rival gangs for years.

Gladys McCormick, a professor at Syracuse University and expert on Mexico’s political violence, told Daily Star Online: “He has never been in prison, he’s very rarely seen.

“He’s very much based in the mountains of Sinaloa, in that golden triangle of Durango and Chihauhau.

“El Mayo keeps a much lower profile, he kind of let El Chapo go out there because he loved the limelight.

“He’s sort of the one guy who was left standing.”

El Mayo is now having to contend with Guzman’s two sons, Ivan Archivaldo, and Jesus Alfredo, otherwise known as Los Chapitos (Little Shorties).

Mike Vigil, former chief of international operations at the DEA, called them “dumber than rocks”.

The pair have a reputation for recklessness and violence, and both lack the strategical nous which allowed Chapo to build his empire.

“El Chapo was pretty sound in doing business, he came up with the tunnels, he was the one who came up with the strategy of shipping drugs to the US piece meal”, McCormick added.

“So from a logistics standpoint, he was very very smart.

“His sons lack that capacity. I think at some point, El Mayo is going to push them aside despite the fact that they were the heirs apparent.

“They’re too violent, they don’t know how to restrain themselves, and they lack the common sense that El Chapo had.”

Gunmen working for Los Chapitos are reportedly now defecting to El Mayo as rumours of an imminent conflict gather pace.

Ivan and Jesus have already attracted unwanted attention to the cartel.

In 2016, they were kidnapped by a rival gang in the state of Jalisco and had to be bailed out by El Mayo.

They later went to war with their dad’s former right-hand man, Dámaso López Núñez, before he was extradited to the US in 2018.

Both of them are also on the radar of US law enforcement.

Jesús is on the DEA's most wanted list, and both he and Iván already face drug trafficking charges in the U.S.

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

El Guero
I have a difficult time seeing this go on to become a full blown conflict between Chapitos and Mayo.  I feel they're an important part of his continuity of business plans.   With that said they better not be stupid enough to think they could win in a war agains Mayo.
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Mica
This is fascinating to me as Mayo (supposedly) negotiated the PVR kidnapping release and things have been stable for a few years.

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

ESLiero

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Mica
I agree, the Chapitos have to be making good money and why screw that up?  But this suggest Mayo would be the instigator and he does not want to go down because of them.  Also the men working for Chapitos would rather work for Mayo.

My biggest problem with this, why would Mayo want a civil war at the same time CJNG is trying to advance?

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Mike Vigil is kind of a nut. He just says whatever.

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Unknown57
I don’t think this is that far off from the truth! For example Luis Gabriel Valenzuela was part of chapitos faction but felt betrayed by them and is now with Mayo. Any civil war won’t benefit either side but mayos faction definitely growing from people that were once with chapitos

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

HERMOSILLO -chapitos                                                                                      OAXACA -ovidio guzman

 SONORA - EL CHEYO
               - mayito el flaco                            SINALOA -el guano
                                                                                - El Mayo

MEXICALI -EL Checo
               - Chavo felix
                                                                 Guadalajara  - El Azul
                                                                                     - Caro Q
OBREGON- CARO Elenes
                 El azulito

HEAD of DEA is saying Mayo is CDS "SKIPPER" of the boat .find that hard too beleive .DEA still trying feast off the chapo capture

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

elgordo
Personally don't think friction chapo n vicentillo court appearances were to friendly both waving smiling patting their hearts n really didn't give him the blow his dad n chapo were even the biggest was alex c n damaso n twins. For some reason I feel like it was scripted way b4 n was set 4 the kids whenever shit hit the fan. Especially after when dea gave him a phone n mayo was on the line. Just seems  like it was already plotted incase of emergency

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Ciro
Dumber then rocks......

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

QUINTEROCULIACAN
@deelucky1- the US government uses this tactic all the time to try and sow mistrust....I'm sure you've heard of the term "Snitch Jacketing"?

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

ElGrandeRojo
I'm thinking along those same lines. I've said it before....Something happened at that junta for the Guzman's release. It's been relatively quiet since then, and after the swift and utterly brutal dismantling of the Damaso's. Those kids I believe learned an invaluable lesson. I believe Mini Lic was the biggest problem. I think he is the one who was trying to get in bed with Mencho. I think he's the one who tried to kill the Guzman's, and Mayo. I believe his Dad took the hit to save their lives. Damaso wasn't a gangster. But his kid grew up one. Yes,vicente's testimony was old news, that they already had others giving the same testimony. It was all arranged. That's why Chapo was in Mexico so long after his last arrest. He was getting his shit in order. And it cost him allot of money. JMO
ElGrandeRojo

He didn't bail them out in Puerto Vallarta  and back them against Demasio for no reason.  Mayo clearly sees a great value in them.  We know his style is to sit in the shadows and he needs show boat big ego guys to be his lighting rods.  Who better than Chapitos for this?
CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES!  GRIND THEIR BONES INTO DIRT!  MAKE THEM REGRET THEY WERE EVER BORN!

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Cuidado
Mike Vigil is full of shit imo.  What he says doesnt add up...like ever.

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

wonder if chapo had some of these BiG WIG contacts Pablo escobar had ??

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

arkansa and chigago are pretty close??anybody tried cross refrencing los twins story with this one ?its like oj trying on the murder glove  storys are very similiar always found that phone tap of chapo and the twin negotiating 40 keys like if they where lower level people doing side deal behind the big boss hence why they pulled the plug on both of them ?

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

deelucky1
escobars son said in an interveiw there was only one reason his dad made so much money it was because he was chosen ?he never went on full detail but claimed pablos inocense.so who supplied canada? wouldnt the the twins hold that answer ? but chapos their man ??

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

Mosco
QUINTEROCULIACAN wrote
@deelucky1- the US government uses this tactic all the time to try and sow mistrust....I'm sure you've heard of the term "Snitch Jacketing"?
This tactic is probably as old as law enforcement.   It is good to warn budding career criminals of what they may have to experience "if" they keep doing crime.

An ex-con told me of a guy the guards wanted killed because the guy was a chronic pain in the ass.  Since the guards could not kill him, they set him up with a "snitch jacket."  How?

They contrived to arrange contacts with this target in such a way as to make it look like he was a snitch.  A couple of time he was sent to the psych and held for no real reason.  Then he was give one or two special good  work duties.  All this special treatment was done subtly... but inmates are paranoid keen observers.  Eventually, the target got the the snitch jacket and was "green lighted."
Moral of story: Don't end up in prison because no matter how smart or tough you think you are, "The Man" has extra-legal tools to deal with you.
Mosco

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

deelucky1
you never know tables always turn . it can look like your doing the shaving and its you full of  shaving cream.you can be  star atraction of big movie never before seen ?

Re: Drug lord to ‘wipe out El Chapo’s sons and take control of notorious Mexican cartel’

so you thought coming too this  blog and going back and fourth with me on ass cramps and jail butt cheeks?what a way to kill the board topic your on a roll !