Driving to Mexico, guerrero

Lesurf
I've driven to Oaxaca, puerto escondito and zihuatenejo every year for the last 10 years. Sometimes down the coast going inland above veacruz to xalapa then oaxaca. Other times towards SLP, Morelia... We used to cross at Reynosa than started using brownsville/ matamoros. Both routes take us through a lot of wide open nothing. This year things seem a lot scarier. Thinking I might not do Mexico this year. I have a ford f150 with an 8' bed and cap. In the past people have looked at my truck like a piece of meat. Don't want any trouble on the road. Odds are I would be alright but I'm not thrilled.

Re: Driving to Mexico, guerrero

Churro
Simple advice, fly to place you want to go. Driving, in a vehicle like yours, will make you a potential target.

Re: Driving to Mexico, guerrero

ZAPATA
Just crossed in Nuevo Laredo heading to Oaxaca with my family. Everything good. More check points than ever. People are definitely more cautious. In Guadalajara now.
Don´t drive at night and stay on the toll roads and don´t make eye contact.
Be safe.

Re: Driving to Mexico, guerrero

costa rica
im driving threw mexico  in dec to costa rica so i how is it so far. i will be driving in a old rv and a yukon.me ,my brother ,my friend,and 2 pit bulls.i am actually.so how dangerous is it going to be for us 3 dring to costa rica.plesae keep in touch

Re: Driving to Mexico, guerrero

anonymous
Don't do it. It is very dangerous and everyone has been warned not to be out at night. People are to scared to come out during the day.

Re: Driving to Mexico, guerrero

inthergv
CR, don't do it.  It is not worth it.  I work in Mexico everyday, and things are bad.  You will probably be targeted for the dogs, they will want them and they will take them.  Seriously.

Re: Driving to Mexico, guerrero

survey

Re: Driving to Mexico, guerrero

ckretjr
My finace', the kids, and I had a Thanksgiving trip planned to Veracruz to see friends. NO way we are giong now! We even have a "2nd hand" store in the east side of Reynosa and now are considering shutting it down and moving it to the US. Our lives & the kids lives are not worth the good money we are making!