Dr MIRELES

bajadrone
WTF? IS THAT ARTICLE FOR REAL OR SOME TYPE OF BULLSHIT METAPHOR.. If he's not really dead that is a really really really stupid title for an article.

Re: Dr MIRELES

Tully
Dr. Mireles is not dead.

The priest who wrote the article for Michoacan 3.0 was speaking metaphorically, but it's pretty hard to tell from a quick read because he repeats that he's dead so many times.

Given this, yes, the title is wrong and/or the whole article should be taken down.

Re: Dr MIRELES

I don't think he died.   I have been hearing all week he died, I just wrote to his cousin and Jorge Valdez to check it out, but they don't have anything of his death.  I could only find this report, but 3.0 is pretty factual.  I will post what I find out.  He is VERY  ill with his heart and not getting the correct treatment.  he will die soon if he does not get it.  BASTARDS!!!!!

Re: Dr MIRELES

bajadrone

Re: Dr MIRELES

Tully
Today is the 4th anniversary of the official start of the AD uprising in Michoacán.  Flag Day in Mexico.

(they had a mishap at the official ceremony today with the President - does anyone else see Lucifer present at the ceremony?)

http://www.sinembargo.mx/24-02-2017/3159643

I'm sure that's why Padre Goyo chose to write the article for publication today in Michoacán 3.0.

Re: Dr MIRELES

bajadrone

Re: Dr MIRELES

Tully
This post was updated on .
Unfortunately, this Dr. Mireles mural is no longer there.  It's been painted over by the state government.

The mural was painted as part of a contest sponsored by the political party Movimiento Ciudadano in the summer of 2016.

Less than a year later, it was painted over by the PRD state government with insignias of the state sports commission.  The mural ran along a brick wall that surrounded a state sports complex.

Re: Dr MIRELES

elrojo
Something ive been wondering. What if mireles and his ad's were to have accepted el mayos alliance? Just food for thought.

Re: Dr MIRELES

Mexico-Watcher
 I am angry and saddened. Two years ago I reacted to Dr. Mireles' imprisonment.  I opined that the corrupt Mexican State was slowly murdering Dr. Mireles by subjecting him to ersatz medical treatment and to the psycho-biological and social stressors of imprisonment. Pure evil ... and, to me, on a par with sicario beheadings.

Why is Mexico murdering Dr. Mireles?  Simple, (as any person with half a brain can guess) it is because         he is dangerous to the institutions of oligarchic, racist (i.e. treatment of Indios), and corrupt Mexico.   After his cowardly and slow (passive aggressive)  "murder" Mexico's evil minions will say he died of "medical" complications secondary to diabetes.  Yeah, right!

IMO, Mexico is  shamefully "manufacturing" a heroic martyr as we speak.   God, I pray Dr. Mireles could be free to experience the song of birds, laughter of kids playing, taste of tortillas with butter off a wood fired comal, a beer with friends, a walk through a lime orchard at sunrise.... and so it goes, and so it goes.
Tortillas de comal para mi Doctor Mireles Tortillas calientitas para mi Doctor Mileles.

Two years ago I wrote:
As everyone realizes, diabetics must have proper medications, exercise, and healthy mental health outlets ( e.g. hobbies, social interactions and visits with friends and loved ones, reading, walks, prayer, entertainment, etc) and be free from needless extraneous mental stressors as possible (e.g. confinement, denial of direct social contact with friends, confidants, and loved ones, and harsh artificial constraints imposed by prison systems).

 This mental stressors factor is huge!  Prison is an ideal place to kill people without appearing to do so... as the Russians did to many thousands of captured German soldiers and political prisoners in their Siberian gulags.  Professionally, I happen to be quite familiar with the destructive things prisons do to inmates' minds, bodies, and souls.  Old Chicano inmates don't call prison, "La Torcida" for nothing.

Passive-aggressive Murder:
 IMO, Dr. Mireles is "systematically" being "killed" in a governmental "smoke and mirrors" passive/aggressive manner. His killer is the faux Mexican Government and its nefarious minions and allies hiding in the shadows. The Mexican governmental system that runs the prison will "conveniently" attribute Dr. Mireles' death to diabetics issues.    Of course, there will be "official" reports, crafted by corrupted governmental insiders, that will exonerate the government as the true killer... These reports will likely  show that everything possible was done to save his life.

 Me?  I will NOT believe these reports because I absolutely do NOT trust Mexico's corrupt government (or media).

History has many example of passive/aggressive methods of killing political prisoners.  The Turks killed thousands of Albanians in the 1914s era by force marching them to destinations the "long way" so that they would die of exposure, starvation, and other "passive/aggressive" means. The Nazis,  Japanese, Cambodian, and Chinese did similar things in WWII and the Viet Nam era. The USA is supremely guilty of genocide in the many passive/aggressive ways it killed Native Americans (e.g. wiping out the Buffalo, long marches, starvation, etc.)

We must not allow the Mexican Government to murder Dr. Mireles.  I agree with, DD, that BB must at least make great efforts to expose the Mexican government in its diabolic scheme to murder Dr. Mireles.

I urgently suggest that Chivis, BB staffers and bloggers come up with a plan(s) and methods to "rescue" Dr. Mireles  before its too late!  At this point I have no ideas as to what to do that would be effective in freeing Dr. Mireles from the deadly environment he is in.

Mexico-Watcher

PS.  I am a type II diabetic and take about 10 different Rx for control.  Exercise, proper foods, and good mental health(little stress, be happy) are part of my doctor's orders for best health.

Re: Dr MIRELES

I totally agree with you MW,the passive/aggressive approach they are using.I don't know if it's anything different with other prisoners that are diabetic.Maybe someone on here can comment on Mexican prisoners special medical needs if they are or not taken care of.Probably for a price.Is Dr. Mireles a dual citizen?I know he lived in the States for a good many years.Maybe Chivis has a point,that if he can hang in there another year maybe he might be released but I can't see unfortunately any Mex. gov. being on his side because he's a 'squeaky wheel' to the status quo.Being a Dr. though he knows what he needs medically without even having to wait to see a doctor but obviously they aren't compling.So sad.I think they are using him to set an example in case anyone else gets ideas about an uprising.If he dies he just might be martyred and this could backfire on Mexican gov. although we all hope he gets released but they could also release him a day or 2 before he dies when they know it's too late and because he didn't die in their custody they would be off the hook so to speak.

Re: Dr MIRELES

bajadrone
Mexico-Watcher wrote
We must not allow the Mexican Government to murder Dr. Mireles.  I agree with, DD, that BB must at least make great efforts to expose the Mexican government in its diabolic scheme to murder Dr. Mireles.

I urgently suggest that Chivis, BB staffers and bloggers come up with a plan(s) and methods to "rescue" Dr. Mireles  before its too late!  At this point I have no ideas as to what to do that would be effective in freeing Dr. Mireles from the deadly environment he is in.
THIS. We have to try something. Whats the use of having all this insider information we routinely share here if we can't mobilize the little power we have to do something that matters. IDGAF what sicario got promoted this week I wan't to know how we can help Mireles. Ill write letters till the cow comes home but surely someone here can at least chime in about where we would be wasting our time and where we might have a chance as minuscule as it might be.

Re: Dr MIRELES

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
Bajadrone wrote:

.... We have to try something. Whats the use of having all this insider information we routinely share here if we can't mobilize the little power we have to do something that matters. IDGAF what sicario got promoted this week I wan't to know how we can help Mireles. Ill write letters till the cow comes home but surely someone here can at least chime in about where we would be wasting our time and where we might have a chance as minuscule as it might be.

===========

Bajadrone, I agree with you.  I too would love to see some "immediate" practical and effective efforts to free Dr Mireles ASAP!

However, given how Mexico is negatively described by informed and responsible people here on BB and elsewhere, what could we possibly do to free this man?   IMO, letters, demonstrations, marches, prayers, or all the above will only be swallowed up in Mexico's evil quicksand and things will return as before.

Instead, I would like to see efforts that will "rapidly" grow into national and international pressures to free this hero.

I am just an old retired pocho on the internet and extremely ignorant of how Mexico "really" works.    As a  concerned outsider, I ask "Who, exactly, holds the key to this man's freedom?"

Is it a member of Atlacomulco?  EPN?  The Pope?  Carlos Slim?  La Virgen Maria? Or even Santa Muerte?

IMO, failure to precisely identify the holder of the prison key would be a waste of time and efforts.

I will join any efforts to free Dr. Mireles that are precisely targeted and are not just feel good symbolism.... because there really is no time for this..... and failure will only demoralize people.

Lastly, I strongly feel this is a job for Mexican patriots and not outsiders like me.  Where are they?
Mexico-Watcher

Re: Dr MIRELES

Tully
This post was updated on .
The key to Dr. Mireles' freedom is held by the federal government.   They do not want to see Dr. Mireles freed any time soon.  It's really the entire ruling political class in Mexico that's keeping him in prison, for the reasons others have mentioned.

The current PRD Governor of Michoacán, Silvano Aureoles, during his campaign in 2015 expressed some sympathy for the AD's imprisoned the previous year.  But Aureoles was the former Speaker of the federal House of Deputies.  He was placed there with the assistance of the PRI party to help preserve the status quo.

Aureoles repeatedly said to the Michoacán press he was ready to receive Mireles in a transfer from the gulag in Hermosillo.  It was later learned that behind the scenes the Governor's office was supporting the federal government, doing everything necessary to stop the transfer.  He's now in a federal prison in Nayarit.

The Michoacán state Attorney General, brought in by Virrey Castillo in 2014, is, incredibly, still holding that position.  Despite the party change at the Governor's level.  And record levels of violence.  Martín Godoy Castro, from Estado de México.  It's really absurd.  He's EPN/Atlacomulco's representative in Michoacán.

During the negotiations in the spring of 2014 over whether the Michoacán AD's would continue or be disarmed, Dr. Mireles appeared in a video asking to talk directly with President Peña Nieto because he didn't trust Virrey Castillo.  This kind of thing, a public humiliation of a close friend of EPN, is not easily forgotten.

The Partido Movimiento in Michoacán is the only local force asking for the release of Dr. Mireles.  Some local representatives of PRD claim the party is seeking his freedom, but it will never happen under this current PRD Governor in the pocket of national PRI leaders.

The only bright spot recently is AMLO - despite what I know a lot here think about him.  AMLO has made the freedom of Dr. Mireles a public issue and part of his campaign for President.  At a rally in Morelia last month, AMLO called for his release and the release of all AD's currently in prison.

So, at this point it looks like AMLO is the only hope.  The good news is that he's currently leading the polls for the 2018 presidential election, in some by a good margin.

Dr. Mireles is also hurt by the lack of an institutional/interest pressure group.  The indigenas from the coastal areas of Michoacán are quite effective mobilizing forces to call for the release of their AD's in custody, most notably their leader Semeí Verdía, who was facing serious charges including murder.

The Mexican political system, as created by PRI over the last century, can be responsive to pressure when it's coming from one of the clients set up in the "clientelismo" system of PRI.  Unfortunately for Dr. Mireles, there is no established interest group for "middle class, mestizo self defense forces."

Dr. Mireles often said their situation was different from the indigena self-defense groups that have more legal protection in Mexican law and the Constitution. The Michoacán AD uprising in Tierra Caliente in 2013 was relying more generally on Constitutional provisions stating citizens may take up arms to protect themselves if the government fails to do so.

Finally, I think the international press (majority center/left) is reluctant to take up the cause of self-defense groups in Mexico because they see the issue through the prism of the gun control issue in the US. I also think many in the western press would like to avoid this issue because they feel it plays into the "failed state" narrative they think is damaging to the cause of immigration reform in the US.

Re: Dr MIRELES

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
Tully: Props You certainly are very well informed about the inner workings of Mexican politics.

I only speak for myself and not BB.   So, IMO, the rich information and insights you provided in your post   indicate that any suggestions you may offer on how to, "exactly" and in a timely way, release Dr. Mireles  will be welcomed with great anticipation and interest.  Here I am suggesting that identifying the corrupt  Mexican Government as holding the prison key is too nebulous an entity to even think of approaching.  It would be like boxing with a cloud.  Maybe I am wrong, but I think conventional ways using lawyers, politicians, demonstrations, or writing letters will fail due to expected delays and time constraints.  No, IMO, heroic actions are needed now!

It is literally a do or die situation as we speak. Respectfully, you seem to understand as much.

So,  I am left with the questions of "exactly":What, who, where, when, and how can we get Dr. Mireles freed from prison?

Please post again, I am anxious to know what your ideas on this matter may be....  I bet others on BB are too.
mexico-Watcher

Re: Dr MIRELES

Tully
The PRD Governor for Michoacán, Silvano Aureoles Conejo, announced today his intention to run for President of Mexico in 2018. Despite the fact that murders are way up in Michoacán during his first year in office.

The PRD is so damaged and so low in the polls right now (some place it at 5%), this can only be a ruse to split the vote and allow a PRI victory in 2018.

Close to 10 candidates have announced their intention to run for President.  It's likely the winner in 2018 will receive less than 30% of the vote, perhaps as low as 20-25%.  Mexico, as an immature democracy, does not have a runoff.

Mexico Watcher, I have no specific ideas or plans for what you've asked.  I only reported the horrible truth.

Re: Dr MIRELES

Mexico-Watcher
This post was updated on .
Tully wrote
Mexico Watcher, I have no specific ideas or plans for what you've asked.  I only reported the horrible truth.
Tully, I appreciate your quick and blunt response.  I waited days to see if other BB members might have ideas to get Dr. Mireles freed ASAP.  While waiting, I viewed a few videos on Dr. Mireles' career and situation.

One video that is short but rich in meanings is an interview with a reporter shortly before he was imprisoned.  The video (in Spanish) provides insights as to why he is slowly being murdered.

P.S. The interview was apparently so threatening to unknown others that it was prematurely ended.

Mexico-Watcher

click here:
https://youtu.be/JfK7okkVjf4

Re: Dr MIRELES

Chimera
Mexico-Watcher wrote

I viewed a few videos on Dr. Mireles' career and situation.

One video that is short but rich in meanings is an interview with a reporter shortly before he was imprisoned.  The video (in Spanish) provides insights as to why he is slowly being murdered.

P.S. The interview was apparently so threatening to unknown others that it was prematurely ended.

Mexico-Watcher

click here:
https://youtu.be/JfK7okkVjf4
Mexico Watcher, would it be possible for you (or anyone?) to provide a short summary of this interview? I don't understand Spanish and I would really like to know what is said here.

As to ideas for getting Dr. Mireles released, here is mine: Work with the overarching system in Mexico. That is, figure out who has ultimate say and figure out their price. Then, we set up a GoFundMe or something similar, spread word of it on all the FaceBooks, then pray. A lot.

Maybe it's a ridiculous, crazy idea, but I'm always reading stories and comments of how this or that happens because someone was paid off!

DRB

Re: Dr MIRELES

DRB

Re: Dr MIRELES

Tully
Chimera,

Here is the complete interview, uploaded to YouTube on June 2, 2014.  In the interview Dr. Mireles talks about The National AD Meeting to take place in Mexico City. That meeting was on May 27, 2014, so I guess this interview was filmed a day or two before that (not May 31, 2014).

He was arrested on June 27, 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcTixoDJ8Ew

In the interview Dr. Mireles says the Commissioner for Michoacán, Alfredo Castillo, had made deals with the narcos in Michoacán.  He specifically says that several of the leaders of the new Fuerza Rural were members of organized crime groups that had criminal records showing kidnappings and robberies, etc.

The interviewer then asks if he thinks Castillo is working with organized crime, and he responds "yes."

The interviewer then asks if he thinks President Peña Nieto is doing the same.  Dr. Mireles responds that he would like to ask the question personally of the President, because Castillo had stated many times he was acting with the authority of the President.  So, Mireles accuses Castillo of working with narcos, but leaves it open about EPN, but implies it seems that way given Castillo's authority.

It does seem the interview ends abruptly at that point.  The interviewer makes the stange request that Dr. Mireles come back next week to continue the discussion, which I presume took place in Mexico City.

But I don't think this interview was a critical factor in his arrest a month later.  But his position here is why he's still in prison.

It's more likely the proximate cause of his arrest was the interview Dr. Mireles gave on June 26, 2014, the day the AD's took the small beach community of La Mira, about 20 minutes outside the port city of Lázaro Cárdenas.

He's asked if the AD's planned to take the port.  He responds at 01:39-01:47:

"Yes, that's our plan.  We want to go into Lázaro Cárdenas, and then go into Morelia."

Lázaro Cárdenas is one of the most important ports in the country.  The port was under the control of the CT.  They were using the port to receive their meth precursors and sell illegally extracted iron ore to the Chinese.  Morelia is the state capital, a World Heritage Site with over a million inhabitants.

Dr. Mireles was arrested the next day, along with hundreds of other AD's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfle3DUJ6qg

--DRB's post on the killing of Viagra leader Carlos Sierra Santana is a big story that should be on mainboard.  I imagine a reporter is working on it.

Re: Dr MIRELES

Thanks for translating that for us Tully.I tried with the translation to subtitles in English but it still doesn't make much sense.It's just not the same translating word for word in another language.