Donald Trump is POTUS ...

Locked 27 messages Options

Donald Trump is POTUS ...

ElMello
I was wondering if anyone on here has any views or "hunches" on DT's attitude to the Mexican situation and US war on drugs in general?

Do you think things will just carry on "as usual", ie the agencies will continue to wield most of the power and control the decision making - or - do you think DT will have some radical changes lined up in the next few years, especially regarding legalisation of narcotics / cartel violence and trafficking?

Do you think he will change anything, if so for better or for worse?

Personally I get a somewhat bad feeling with this man, DT just doesn't seem to be someone who comes across as particularly clued up about anything or anyone beyond US soil.

Maybe I'm wrong, after all he's just a front man and the real power as always will be with the shadowy military and intelligence agencies imo.

What do you think / feel and why?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

WonderBread
No one has or no can stop the DTO's of the world.  His hard line campaign was just to fool the whites into voting for him.  His answer and most of white americas answer to border security is to build a wall.  But those dumbass's don't realize they already have tunnels and a billion dollar budget.  You think his administration is going to throw billions at the problem?

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

dcm90

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

juris
 Thank God we have a beacon of democracy like Mexico to show us the way.   If Mexico and other latin countries did not have the safety valve of migration to the US, they would maybe have to clean up their act or risk revolution by the vast majority of their citiens who get dumped on by their kleptocrat oligarchs.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

The current choices Trump has floated for AG, including Rudy Giuliani, are drug war hardliners who indicate the situation won't change much, keeping dollars flowing south to criminal organizations.

The issue that garnered him the most support and that is threatening to have an affect on Mexico is trade. He won throughout the rust belt [Michigan is close] and railed against US automakers, which have invested $24 billion in Mexico since 2010, causing the mx peso to drop precipitously since the election.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

bajadrone-3
Kab

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

Kab
Been rooting for Trump since he announce his candidacy for president.

Deport the majority of these illegals, build the wall, scrap the merida initiative, and have those corrupt mexican officials pay for the wall.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

Bjeff
@Sisk Kid: What is your take on #CalExit or perhaps a west coast exit?

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

Siskiyou_Kid
Hahahaha! I was just reading the court filing from a group in Oregon who want to secede. It's an old story where I live, in 'The Mythical State of Jefferson'.

Ironically, most of the succession talk in NorCal has come from libertarians angry about gubmint regulation, while these people are decidedly liberal.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

Carlos Slim's net dropped in half, per Forbes.

I am so sick about hearing the elections, see if this post makes it through the night.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

I don't think any of this hateful, repulsive Trump celebration has any place in the world, but, esp. here, it is beyond appalling.  I rarely weigh in on this, but please do remove these posts, mine included, and the ones making them.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

I say the time for campaign name calling is over, and I will say the same I said when Barrack was elected, I did not vote for him, but he is my president and I wish him success and willing to give him a chance.

I never thought Trump as racist, and was the first of my friends to say that out loud.  surprise was when most agreed.

As a woman I felt more offended by the media thinking I should want to vote for a woman because I am one.  We women care about the same issues as men.  To think otherwise is sexists in of it self.

I think people who are crying, burning flags asking for his assassination calling names, parroting the corrupt CNN and MSNBC should move to canada.   Many said they were, but I bet no one is packing.

As for the wall.  There will not be a 2000 miles wall, there will be a wall constructed in key areas, a double wall.  and that is good to at least play a part in drug trafficking.  but security will be enhanced as never before.  Mexico pays?  that was election hype.  He could impose a tax when entering or exiting our country, but my sense is that he will meet with Pena and they will have an agreement that will give Pena an out and save face.

I hope the investigation of the foundation continues.  I want to know what has happened.  I can say for any 501c3 to have only 5 1/2 percent going to the cause is saying the foundation is a sham.  which it appears it was.  Paying for Chelsea Clinton's wedding is not what donors give for.  and it is against the law.

My 501C3 has given 100% to my charities.  even my administration costs I paid, not what my family gave to the foundation.  I wanted every penny to go to the cause.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

Mica
@Chivis,
I agree with the image of misappropriation of funds for a charity.

As a citizen of the U.S., I am 100% for illegal visitors who have committed violent criminal acts to be deported.  Regardless of "America's drug habit", improving border security should occur.

For this, the media has labeled me a racist or "deplorable".  Yet, I own property in Mexico and visit the country often where I have friends.

Electing a black president did not do anything to decrease racial tensions.  Nor did electing Trump create a new racial division.

The media is having a field day and stirring up the pot.  I don't care who anyone voted for and don't care to engage in tit for tat why one is better than the other.

I will get off my soap box now!  Thanks

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

The whole put upon outlook of Trump supporters is laughable and repulsive, 'Who me?'.....Align yourself with someone who uses fear mongering, xenophobia, racisim, as a tactic to get elected, (if nothing else, though his history shows he is a documented bigot, through and through), not only that, but a sexist, an extreme miysgonist, he hired Steve Bannon of Breitbart.....He may be his Chief of Staff.  Not to mention Mike Pence, these men believe being gay is a choice, they don't believe in abortion.  These are archaic, oppressive beliefs....Their budgets will slash funding for welfare, equal opportunity housing, cripple social programs like Planned Parenthood.  But, you own property in Mexico, you can't be racist.  Send children back to Honduras, we need to balance a budget.  The banning all Muslims is back in the plans, if you'll notice, per his website.  You align yourself with people like this, and their messages don't cry when your called out for it.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

Let us not forget the KKK rally in celebration of his election, his racial codes threw tweets and speeches to white supremacists, and alt right groups, or that he's considering the man who drafted the SB170 law in Arizona, to head immigration....Just sickening.  But you like Mexico!  You own property there.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

Mica
@J it's not personal, that's your opinion and that's mine.  I am not going to go riot in the streets because we disagree.  That's why it's a democratic system.  Surely you don't believe 100% of the people who voted against Hillary Clinton are KKK members.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

El_Cuatro_Veinte
We know Donald Trump loves love enforcement so their budgets will remain or perhaps go up, but with California have its weed legalized we can see a dramatic shift in how DTO's will begin to see new profits since their main source is entirely cut off now.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

ToPHeR
Banning Muslims is untrue. The media made this up. Trump actually said he wanted a temporary ban on immigrants from Middle Eastern countries involved in terrorism until we can come up with a better solution. The better solution is an extreme vetting process to ensure the immigrants coming in have no link to terrorism at all. Problem solved. But the biased mainstream media will never report that.

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

WonderBread
extreme vetting?  whats that?  checking tongues and buttholes?

Radicalize muslims come from normal families in the UK.  They should be doing the vetting, not us! You really think this will apply to Saudi Terrorist that will attack us again once trump takes office?

Re: Donald Trump is POTUS ...

It's personal to me.   Your last sentence is a glaring strawman....I don't respect racists, cowards, those who only vote for their personal benefit (on either party) and those who hide behind 'fiscal' conservative values as a way to effectively wage war against the underclass, I don't respect people who want a hard line stance on immigration, because they either don't care, or don't consider the plights and lives of others, and who believe they have impacted their financial bottom line.  It's disgusting.  I more then disagree with you, I'm disgusted BY you and your presence on this board, which is a grotesque irony, given it's content.
12